1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Long time reader needs to introduce himself :-)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Nordlicht, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordlicht

Nordlicht Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there,

after a very long time of just reading literally thousands of posts and hundreds of trip reports, i guess it is time to introduce myself.

Well, let's state this first: Forgive me my english and the mistakes i might make, because being from Hamburg, Germany it is obvious that english is not my mothers tongue :rolleyes:

But anyway, i'll try my very best to reduce the number of mistakes as much as i am able to.

So, my vegas addiction started back in 1998. I was on a four week roadtrip with a few friends all around the southwest of the USA. Of course we made a stop in Las Vegas, but only for one day. But i will never forget this day, and the rooms at the Luxor. Since 1998 i made a few more trips to Las Vegas, which means i usually try to visit at least once a year.

It takes about 11 hours of flight from Frankfurt, and 1 hour from Hamburg to Frankfurt, so sitting on a plane for so many hours really is a pain in the *ss, but who cares? I will take this long flights, as long as the destination is Las Vegas.

When travelling with the best wife ever, we usually stay at MGM Grand or Bellagio, but i think we will try Wynncore on one of our next trips. Travelling solo or with a few buddies, i stay at the Excalibur. There are a few people around here who call it the trashy castle, and maybe it sometimes is. On the other hand, i've always had a clean room, a clean bathroom and no problems whatsoever. The more i save on the room, the more i could spend on gambling, so it works for me.

I have a host at Excalibur for the last 5 years now, and he is very helpful and replies pretty fast to every email i send him. Might be another reason why i keep coming back there, who knows... ;)

So, i'd like to thank you all for the enormous amount of information, hints and recommendations on restaurants, shows and many other things to do in Las Vegas! Each year i have a huge list of things to do and foods to eat, and i never manage to finish the whole list on the respective trip. Which means, there are always numerous reasons to come back! :D

Best wishes & regards

Marcus

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB!

3. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the message board.

Your English is great btw.

I have seen a lot worse on here where English is the mother tongue :)

4. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!

6. Joejoejackson

Joejoejackson The Max Bet King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome aboard

7. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wave:hello from central CA, say hi to my first cousin in Niedernhausen! :beer:

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Marcus & welcome! Glad you finally decided to introduce yourself. I think you did a great job with your post....better than some of us sometimes do...lol Hope you get back to our fav city soon & have a great trip!

9. Nordlicht

Nordlicht Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the welcoming words!

Next trip will be in october, so there is still plenty of time to make a new "to do" list for the trip. It will be a guys only trip, as i will travel with one of my best buddies.
    The best wife ever will stay at home and take care of our puppy dog :love:

Flight will go out from Frankfurt again, destination San Francisco with a three hour layover, until we reach our final destination again.
    We will stay at the Excalibur again, where i got 7 nights comped from my host.
    On our list this time will be a visit to Battlefield Las Vegas. Never been there before, but i have read a lot of good reviews, so we`ll check them out for sure. On the plus side: They have MP40s, MG42 and StG44. As i am very interested in history and military weapons, this is great chance to shoot those guns. You will only find them in museums over here, and there is no chance to shoot them. :(

And i want to try out a good bbq spot, but i am unsure where to go: Rolling Smoke BBQ oder John Mulls Road Kill BBQ? I read mixed review for both spots. Any suggestions?

Btw. @DESPERADO Niedernhausen i might fly over after take of in Frankfurt, but i have never been there ;)

Best wishes & regards
    Marcus

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.