1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Long Time No See! [Flamingo 5/3 to 5/6]

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Adro85, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good choice on the Neapolitan Suite. A great sized space with a nice blend of old Vegas. Hopefully you have a view of the pool and you brought your binoculars.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good shit so far my friend.
    Curious how many people currently allowed at Ellis BJ/craps.

3. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looked to be three seats per table for blackjack, I didn’t check craps because I forgot how to play since the last time I did so in 2012.

4. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After dinner I took a little digestive walk to Palace Station and fooled around at a $10 table for a while. Up, down, a couple drinks, cashed out with my original hundred after about an hour.

I don’t know if it’s the property or the time or what but my tablemates were a weird bunch, fairly drunk but not in a fun way, not really paying attention to the dealer, but betting more than the minimum and seemingly winning so maybe I’m the asshole.

After Palace I caught a Lyft downtown and hit Fremont Street. I was starting to flag pretty heavily — the big meal and the full day of walking and drinking after only four hours of sleep really started to take its toll.

I played a crappy blackjack variant at Golden Nugget ($5 min, but a mandatory $1 side bet to “spin the wheel” if you hit a natural). Managed to turn my $60 into $70 so I walked away without having seen a cocktail waitress. With a headache setting in, I wandered out under the canopy and was suddenly overwhelmed by just how many people were out, and how hammered they all were.

I decided to head to El Cortez, where I dropped the $70 in record time at a $10 table and decided enough was enough. I threw a $25 bet on black at a roulette table for a friend back home and that disappeared faster than it appeared.

I wove my way back up Fremont to the taxi stand at the Plaza and rode back to the Flamingo to swiftly pass out, hoping for an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep. It wasn’t to be — my wife called panicking at 5am because she had seen the location on my phone (we share location with each other for parenting purposes) as being in some parking lot a few blocks from the hotel for two hours and thought either I’d left it in a car or something had happened to me.

I, on the other hand, worried that there was something wrong with the baby for her to call me like that. Thankfully we were both wrong.

Anyway, now that I’m still up like $200 for the week and today’s my last full day, WHERE am I going to have breakfast?

• Like Like x 6
  5. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope things turn around friend!

6. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craps is still 3 per side at Ellis, no glass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am enjoying all the reports and how many different ways people "Do Vegas"....

Congratulations on becoming a citizen...welcome! Also, congratulations on the becoming a parent!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today has been quite the ride. I settled on Mon Ami Gabi for breakfast and after probably 20 minutes waiting by the bar with a cocktail, I managed to get a nice patio seat to myself. The blueberry French toast was terrific, as was the date-glazed bacon and another cocktail.

With a half-hour to kill before heading to Meow Wolf, I sat at a $10 table at Paris and went down $50, then into my pocket for another $40, then cashed out even on my very last hand.

If you haven’t heard of it or been, Meow Wolf is an insane and trippy time. It’s like...an interactive art installation with a mystery narrative woven into it that you can solve. It feels like you’ve eaten a tab of acid in a funhouse. I spent a couple hours there working out the mystery and sat for a cocktail afterwards.

When I got back to the strip, I stopped by In-N-Out for a quick lunch (still overrated, but at least I got change from a $10) then wandered through the Linq before settling on some outdoor blackjack at Carnaval Court, where I got my ass beat for $60.

I opted to wander over to Caesar’s to make sure I could find NOBU before my reservation, and spent 45 minutes getting stone cold lost in this big-ass maze. After finally finding it, I headed back to Flamingo so that I could give a couple of blackjack dealers $100. These things happen.

I escaped to the room to FaceTime with the family and was given the green light to extend my trip by a day if the price was right, so I changed my flight and airport transfer back to the same timeslot on Friday and caught myself a $10 (!!!) room at The Linq for tomorrow night thanks to a CET rewards rate (joke’s on them, I’ve been a member for 11 years and never put a single cent of play on my card, which I lost).

I’m posting this from Nobu, where the food has been great but probably a little steeper than I expected, given the menu I read online appears to be different to the one I got. In any case, the fish tastes like it came out of the ocean this afternoon and the cocktails and service are wonderful.

Definitely gonna have to find some friendly cards or cheap beers tonight if I’m gonna stretch this bankroll another day!

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I did one thing right tonight and that was “walk away with something in my wallet.”

After dinner (which was exceptional but not cheap) I went back to the room to grab my portable phone charger, then hit the Caesar’s rewards desk to get a new card since I assumed I’d end up back at Flamingo losing money.

After that I poured myself a cocktail and wandered down the west side of the strip through Cosmo, Aria and Park MGM before grabbing a beer at New York New York and crossing over the walkway at Excal to head over to OYO.

I don’t know what draws me there but I certainly feel more comfortable playing blackjack there than a lot of other places, and the $5/hand limits help too. I lost $60 or so over the course of three hours but had plenty of beers, so I pulled the parachute when I leveled up my second buy-in, got wings again and headed out.

On the way home I curiously stopped at a $15 table at Paris, again cashing out a loss but walking away with SOMETHING in my pocket.

I managed to move my Presidential pickup from tomorrow to Friday morning after I sent a text to my Monday night driver, because I couldn’t get anyone on the phone at the office.

So tomorrow, with a decent bankroll but not one I want to throw away, is looking like:
    — sleep in if possible
    — pack, check out, drop bags at Linq
    — eat some edibles, wander through Venetian/Ceasar’s/Paris/Bellagio conservatory/New York New York
    — possible lunch at Crack Shack
    — possible drinks at Double Down
    — dinner at Ellis island (BBQ) or Battista’s (Italian)
    — a good night’s rest.

• Like Like x 7
  10. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should try Crack Shack, good food and a bargain for the strip. Good luck the rest of the way

March Madness
    • Love Love x 1
  11. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Adro85 hey just curious what made you decide to go to herbs and rye? I don't know that I've seen it mentioned on the board.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed following along

12. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to have a good steak meal while I was here, but none of the menus at strip places felt like I was getting anything particularly out of the ordinary (except the price tag.) And many years ago I was a craft cocktail bartender so the appeal of H&R bring acclaimed for its cocktail menu was definitely another draw!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Johnny Bollocks

Johnny Bollocks Never mind the Bollocks...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could use a little of this. What was his name?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She wasn’t wearing a name tag!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Johnny Bollocks

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love that they break their cocktail menu down by eras as well. That place rules - especially with Happy Hour pricing. I eschewed the discount wells for Boulevardiers, but my ribeye and the wife's linguini w/clams were both excellent and well worth the 50% off cost.

• Love Love x 1
  16. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today has been a strange one, maybe because I didn’t expect to be staying an extra day? So I had to mentally readjust and wasn’t sure what to do.

I left Flamingo around 9:30 with my bags and headed for Linq check in, only to find myself at the zip line entrance rather than the hotel, which was annoying. After getting checked in, I found myself in a huge crowd waiting for the elevators. Maybe now I see why this room was so cheap.

Got upstairs, dropped my bags, ate a little edible then started wandering towards Crack Shack, where I had a kickass lunch (Firebird sandwich, fries and a beer) and caught up on some reading.

After lunch I headed back north and checked out the Bellagio conservatory, strolled through Caesar’s again and then crossed over for The Venetian, with a detour at Linq to sit with two very amateur blackjack players who both could not understand the most basic of strategies but also got every ace in the deck.

From the Venetian I figured what the hell, I haven’t been to the north strip for a while, so I trudged along to Wynn, past Encore and all the way to Circus Circus. After receiving another blackjack beatdown, I departed to the liquor store across the street en route to Sahara , where I turned $50 into $100 in seven minutes and left.

I gave it all back at The STRAT , but consoled myself by going up to the SkyPod and admiring the views from the top. Grabbed myself a white chocolate macadamia cookie and a beer to eat my feelings, then hopped a cab back to OYO for some more cheap cards.

Once my luck ran out, I got an Uber home to freshen up before dinner at Battista’s, which was really good and heavy as hell. I had to walk a half-mile loop just to start feeling comfortable again.

Picked up some presents for my ladies so now it’s time for one last $5 blackjack attempt before an earlier night ahead of tomorrow morning’s 8:45 Presidential pickup!

• Like Like x 7
  17. Adro85

Adro85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol 17 minutes was all it took to bust through the last of the bankroll I was willing to spend tonight. It took longer for the Uber to arrive to bring me here, be it looks like that’s gonna repeat itself in the way back. Time for bed!

18. fasbman

fasbman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could be wrong, but I thought that quote was from Bluto (John Belushi).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Johnny Bollocks

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sceej

sceej Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right! My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.