1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Local job boards?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by lsiunsuex, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious what are some local newspapers (online) and places to find a job in LV.

As a programmer, most of my jobs come from LinkedIn and other sites but just curious to see what's not being posted on the big recruiter sites - some companies tend to post locally.

I applied to a job last night on cybercoders.com - figuring while we're there for vacation, maybe I'll go on an interview or 2 if a company is interested.

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Go straight to the source... Gaming/Hotel, CCSD, Various Construction Co, Utilities, etc. all post openings on their own websites.

3. Scooby

Scooby Tourist

4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed.com is one of the best in most cities
    ..it's a Web crawler and pulls almost ALL job listing from corporate websites, whereas monster/dice just post jobs a company PAYS to post. Indeed.com posts them all, they just bump "paying postings" higher on the results.

Don't do a loose search on indeed.com like "software developer". Instead, get granular. Go for "python AND scala AND machine learning " or "C# and wpf and wcf", or "java and spring and design patterns", etc.

You can play with different terms, but by searching on indeed.com for languages and tools, you'll be able to really dig into some corporate listing a) not on the big sites and b) with companies you might not have thought of. "I don't always hunt for a job my friend, but when I do, it's Indeed" :) (play on words with the commerical.)

One final idea is that you might consider posting your resume (even without your name if you're skittish)...but use a local (Vegas) zip code. You can even add a caveat underneath that you're not living in Vegas currently, but want to move there.

Recruiters search for people based on a certain mile radius, and THEN widen...this will ensure you come up on their search.

Good luck!

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.