1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Living in Vegas without a car

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by AbFab, Jun 19, 2019.

1. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm not mistaken M Resort is in Henderson, which would be awesome. I will be in Vegas last week of July, and may try it out.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The address is Henderson, at St. Rose and LVB, but it's more effectively on the interstate and not in Henderson "proper" from a living perspective. A lot of new housing tracts and apartments near there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. win4me

win4me High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you try it out, please let us know how it went. It seems like it would be a great way to go for a large group, since the vans hold 11 people.

Kacey Musgraves and too much good eatin'!!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M is about #1 on our list now. What a great place!!

5. win4me

win4me High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI- I started a new thread under "Getting There & Getting Around" forum re: the RTC RideShare app

Kacey Musgraves and too much good eatin'!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Win4me...

Thanks for starting the new thread!

I was intrigued by the new Trip to Strip service.

My cousin will be getting married in a few months. She and her fiancé are planning to have a bachelor/bachelorette party. They will rent a couple of condos to accommodate everybody. These new vans will haul up to 11 passengers. It will be ideal for traveling from the Strip to say Fremont Street Experience. Then order a second ride home.

I hope that it is a big success!

7. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have used the bus service around the greater Las Vegas area for a couple of months every year until recently. With planning, I'm sure you could manage to get around without too much trouble. a lot of the daytime bus schedules are every 15 or 20 minutes, so not bad at all.

I partly disagree with @ken2v about Paradise being sketchy. I haven't stayed in all areas of Paradise, of course, but have spent a lot of time in the Paradise area that is closest to the strip, and have had no issues at all.

Next trip to Vegas
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know the area between the Strip and Paradise or out to Maryland Parkway from having traversed it over and over for the past 20-plus years. I do NOT have (thankfully) the first-person benefit of having lived there, admittedly, but for the most part, it is a patchwork of subsidized multi-family housing and block after block of squalor. Even those really cool mid-century modern 'hoods around Las Vegas National Golf Club are a patchwork of bootstrapped and meth lab. And you have to get rather far south past the airport before it gives way to new single- and multi-family housing. But within that, a lot of the long-standing large-lot residential product down 'round the outlets can be shitty. For the most part. That's all I'm basing it on. Hell, even good zip codes have sketchy areas, often.

There are just so many places in the valley that don't look like, say, the NE corner of Karen and Joe Brown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, but my friend’s son has lived around there for several years now, we visit with him every trip, and he’s happy in his little community. He lives in one of the areas behind Boulevard Mall where the historic houses are.

I’m from the UK, our sketchy may well be very different. I base it on how comfortable or uncomfortable I feel in any given area.

Next trip to Vegas
  10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, real estate is all about location and our views. One of the things about a "good" area within a "bad" one, notably for someone reliant on foot and public transit, is getting in and out. Then there is the investment side, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Vegas is full of such great older 'hoods. There are some parts along Alta, for instance, that are stunning, then you go a few blocks ...

• Like Like x 1
  11. OK Pabst

OK Pabst Grinder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not consider TURO. You rent a car from an individual for, I think $42 per day.
    Just schedule your retail, pharms, banking, post office, perishable groceries and liquor for twice or 3 times a month and get er done.
    Then you can bus to Walmart and get your other essentials like cans of tuna and chips with out fear of the heat zapping them.