1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live TR October 14th - 19th MGM

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by gdavis, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Caesars Diamond check-in is down the hall and to the left closer to the Augustus Tower. It isn't a room but a special Diamond check-in counter.

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Garrett,
    For more casual food. I always hit wolfgang pucks. They are open late night too(until either 4or5 am). Its much better than hitting the food court or avenue café at that time. Really good wood oven pizza and if you like blue cheese, try the truffled chips appetizers.
    Another casual place is pub 1842. Good burgers, and my favorite app there is the bbq chicken drumsticks. A lot of beer options but a little pricey.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frank, Gold for mlife is different than total rewards. I think its equivalent to platinum in total rewards.... maybe even low diamond(with their new structure).

4. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the food ideas Penguin.

Quick update on last night. Gambled at PH playing BJ flat bet pretty much 100 a hand sometimes 2 hands for 2 hours. Broke even or won 100 dollars. The girlfriend won 200 dollars playing table minimum. Wanted to play free bet BJ at MGM but the table was full and people were waiting. Swing by the Mansion it was a ghost town 3 people playing. Not my cup of tea I like to socialize.

Today's plan: Have lunch at Arias Buffet. Gamble with her at NY NY or MGM whichever she wants. Probably ride NYNY roller coaster. And more gambling at miscellaneous tables.

Side note: we walked thru the Cosmo and it is way to bright for my liking and it seems as though they have terrible rules unless you get into the 100 dollar minimum games.

5. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May I suggest Lemmongrass at Aria if you like thai food. Its incredible.. Buffet is good but you can do that anywhere. Also do try to go to SW steakhouse at the Wynn. My Favorite! Doing Vegas right. Keep it up.

6. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Packer I will take you up on the Lemongrass suggestion. Bear in mind we will go into it having high hopes. Due to her being Laos and Cambodian. Also SW was on the list since everyone raves about it.

7. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    short of going off strip to Lotus of Siam, Lemongrass is about as good as you can find on the strip

8. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lotus is waayyyyy over rated. Just my opinion. Personal preference.

9. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free bet blackjack: my opinion and thoughts. Played at MGM around 100 to 200 a hand. Very streaky. You need free bets to help you. Especially when the dealer makes every hand. The first shoe I won 6 hands, I counted. Also got screwed out of a 300 dollar hand. I had blackjack she had an A showing. She offered insurance to everyone. She did not offer me even money. I asked the Pitt she said I have to declare I want even money... Now that is retarded. /End Rant.

10. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some experienced Thai foodies really love the Northern Thai part of the menu, his GF might fall into that group given that she's partly Laotian

11. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like a bad dealer, did you toke her at all during your time at her table?, maybe she assumed you were going to stiff her?

12. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played for her every other hand. Between 10 and 15 dollars. The pit boss didn't even know the rule. They have a little sheet they read off.

13. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

4 of a kind in 2 minutes not bad

14. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this was at MGM??, that's pathetic and she was a crappy dealer then, you were being generous
    I've toked way less than that at Cosmo and been treated way better by both the floor and dealer

15. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Currently eating at Arias Five50

16. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try secret pizza at the Cosmo and compare the two, we liked Cosmo better!!!

Also, I'd like to chime in about Lemongrass, everyone raves about it on here so we were pumped to try it in July, I hate to be a downer but...we opted for the chef's tasting menu and had the wine paring, and it was prolly one of the most underwhelming meals of the trip. if you are into Italian you MUST try either Scarpetta @ cosmo or Giada @ the Cromwell!

Good read so far fella, WIN BIG!!!

17. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just sat at a 5 dollar BJ table at the Flamingo. Wow I didn't think I could have so much fun gambling. Won about 500 in 2 shoes. And 2 High Roller tickets. Low play about 75-100 a hand and terrible 6-5 rules but it was amazing and the girlfriend had a great time.

18. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go see hunter at PH he will hook you up! Say hi for me!

19. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girlfriend is struggling with the time difference. And getting her to sign up for players cards / even getting mine I'm getting sassed for. I'm sending her to the spa Friday on my dime so I can relax and gamble.

20. gdavis

gdavis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 2: Good day so far. Had pizza at Aria very good (I used to make pizzas for a living during college).

Gambling: Has been one of my favorite days ever gambling. Flamingo staff was amazing kind and appreciated me betting for them. MGM is meh. First dealer was a dink after I was tipping very well and screwed a few things up playing FBBJ.

Tonight's plan: Drink this bottle of Sky vodka I purchased for us stumble somewhere drunk. Ride NY NY I have rode it before but she hasn't. And then hopefully go on a tear at Baccarat since I'm pretty much over BJ.

Good side note: Is I have 1 dollar more then I came with after the pursue I bought her etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.