1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live @ PHo Mar 13th - Mar 18th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by trooth, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I am going to start my thread here. The anticipation is building. I got to the bank yesterday and I have made arrangements for my cat to be checked on. I have 4 hours of work later today then ill come home pack, set my clock an hour ahead for dst, then wait for morning or get some sleep. I slept none before my list trip I was so excited. I am leaving the laptop at home so I will be updating from my phone while mobile.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip!!!:beer::beer::beer:

3. spunky96

spunky96 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your anticipation. I'm leaving Wednesday afternoon but im already in vacation mode lol.
    Have a great trip!!

4. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worked my half a day today, went to the store and got me some mini-vodka bottles, sunglasses, a couple of new shirts, and a new belt. I checked in online, paid my baggage fees, and printed my boarding pass. I am packed, got the cats box changed, fed her, set my clock forward for DST and I'm ready to go.

Weather looks great for next week. Mid to upper 70s (82 on Wednesday) for the highs. Low 50s for the lows. Looking like this will be a great week for vegas.

5. obrien73

obrien73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the report! Have fun!

6. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got about 3 hours of sleep and woke up. I decided to watch 21 and see if I could fall back asleep. I didn't get sleepy, but I did get hungry. So at around 6 am I left and went and had breakfast at the waffle house. Sausage Egg and Cheese biscuit and hash browns. It was your general diner experience. I topped off gas and got a little money out of my bank before taking off. Since I couldn't sleep I ended up leaving 3 hours earlier than I planned.

I ended up at the airport about 4 hours before takeoff. I must have gotten here at the ideal time. No wait to drop off luggage, and within 5 minutes I was through the checkpoint. It is already getting warm outside. It looks like I should have an easy take off and landing as they moved the expected landing time up 20 minutes. I will post later tonight after I land, check, eat, drink and play.

7. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live reports are hard. Well I caught my plane. 4 hours later. I chickened out on sneaking on alcohol. But I probably would not have partook. Just an uneasy feeling. I caught an hour and a half of sleep right after we took off. I spent the rest of the time watching survivor season 21 (one with jimmy johnson). The whole sirvivor process keeps me watching. I think it is the sociology/psychology involved. By the third episode we were landing. Battery was at 30% in the phone.

We landed, I got my bags and got a cab within 30 minutes, which isn't bad. The weather is perfect. I could run nude and feel comfortable (not happening, just saying I could). I got my cab and said Planet Hollywood, no tunnel. He went on till we got to p ho that riders don't know where they are going and he was an honest cabby. He has just heard it before lol. I tipped him 10 over the ride tolf him to have fun, he was a good cabbie, penalized for the dirtyones out there.

I checked in, no one had a clue about the slot tourney I am in. I gave up with check in clerk. Went to total rewards desk. They was showing me a sheet saying my second sitting was at 8 on Sunday. I said I will call in. Lady at harrahs 800 number was nice as always.

She said check in os tomorrow at 4pm and I'm on the list. Well I went and gambled. Started off up 100 quickly, got down 900 quickly. I am back up to -400 well within my bankroll. So wins as long as ballys doesn't say I'm not registered tomorrow.

I'm 3/4 drunk now. Spelling and grammar mistakes can be sent to my id.

8. abbo1963

abbo1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for taking the time to post live and the drunker the better that you made it to 2:21 am only 3/4 drunk is impressive:beer:

9. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After I posted that I hit for 200 each on back to back slots. That got me within my budget for the day. I'm doing much better here than I did at caesars last year. I did some video poker but the pay tables are bad and I had no luck. It sucked up 200 in 2 beers time. I'm a sucker for the slots though.

10. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just woke up. Yesterday was a long day. I finally got to sleep about 5am vegas time. Woke up around 2PM. I am down 750 for trip which is within budget. I played constantly yesterday and I earned 1450 tier credits. Very close to platinum in a day. I went from 8 dollars in comp balance to about 65 dollars. So for the money I lost I got a lot of play out.

11. zononymous

zononymous MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    almost 10x coin in to actual losses? That's my goal when playing! Good luck today sir!

12. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm down about 2k for my trip. I am still getting a lot of play out of it. I'm going to take it easy today and make sure I have funds for tommorow and Thursday. I'm about 350 till platinum. So I have made over 3k points for my cash.

I decided to use my lva coupon for terribles last night. It is a long walk from pho. It was after midnight, and I wouldn't reccomend it to those who are nervous about non well lit areas. I felt safe, but still there could be a possibility of trouble. Well by the time I got to terribles my right big toe was killing me. Very bad pain, but no blister. I have new shoes that are broke in, so I'm not sure why. I hobbled in the door and walk to the back to get my players card and give the coupon. Players club is closed from midnight to 8am.

13. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well with me hobbled I was in no hurry to hike it back. I had 140 on me. I pittle around a little peeved. I ended up hitting on gems for 180 which put me up to 260. I play a little more and walk out with 220. I wouldn't have been able to use the coupon anyways, it is a up to 100 reimbursement for losses coupon.

I walk back with my foot killing me and stop into ellis island. It is a bigger hole in the wall than terribles, but the steak smelled good. I wasn't hungry though so I just played down to 160 and walked on back to ballys. I stopped in and played, again my toe was killing me. I got my biggest hit of the trip here about 400 dollars. My second biggest hit was quad 2s on deuces wild for 250. I should have stopped there but I have been in full diginerate mode the last two days. I lose 180 in paris which I hobbled over too, and another 70 in pho before going to bed at 5am.

I got up today for the slot tourney. Session 1 was horrible. I only got 6975 points. Session two is later, I need a strong last two sessions to be in money. My toe isn't as sore today, but I'm going to be sticking close by the next two days. I'm afraid I'm going to miss freemont on st pattys day. I brought a pair of crocs which I might try to wear but vegas in open shoes doesn't appeal to me. Word to the wise be sure to bring well broken in shoes to vegas.

I am eating at la village buffet, about a 10 minute wait paid for with 8.99 comp points and 10 lva coupon. Can't beat that. I had ealr of sandwich yesterday and it was good, I had an italian bmt. Not spectacular, but I am going to try something else next time.

14. Sniff009

Sniff009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you get points so fast? I went in February with about 2500 and only got about 675...Currently Platinum starting over at CET

15. abbo1963

abbo1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    take care of that toe hope your luck picks up:beer:

16. rlhendrix

rlhendrix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying the report. Keep it up.

17. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got lucky a couple of times with some good wins to keep me going. I'm hit and run on the slots and I played all day Sunday when I got in and Monday. As long as you can get some decent play out of the machines you can rack up points. I cash out and move on if a machine isn't hitting. And I will sit down and play deuces wild and chill for awhile if I'm not doing well. I can generally break even on it.

18. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following your report. Enjoying it so far. Hopefully your toe is better.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

19. jdub7

jdub7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for a great report so far. Sounds like you are getting a lot of play in! That would be fun. Hope you hit something really big! Good luck! :beer:

20. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in much of yesterday. I got a full blown cold or flu. My second session of the slot tourney wasn't much better than the first so I skipped todays and slept. I ghink I slept 16 hours. When I did finally get I played for 10 hours on 300 bucks. I hit platinum, ate at spice market buffet and got some comped drinks. I'm down 2500 for the trip but free rooms, free food, and free drinks makes it worth it to me. Plus hitting platinum this trip should ensure the offers get better. My next trip will probably be a 3 nighter instead of 5 though. I can swing 4 day weekends with little problem at my job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.