1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live - Nonstop F&B at Cosmo 5/10-14

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HHFan, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHFan

HHFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just checked in on SWA for trip #10, so why not start the TR thread with a long intro! This is a desperately needed break for my wife and I as it’s been a stressful start to the year at work with a re-org project resulting in the loss of half of my team and a lot of headaches with no end in sight as of yet. New time off requests have been put on hold as a result, but thankfully I got the OK for this trip before everything blew up and they know better than to try and mess with my travel plans.

4 nights in a fountain view studio at Cosmo (2 gold nights, 2 on a comp offer) giving us plenty of time to eat, drink, and gamble until we can’t handle any more. We tried without success to get someone to join us so we could make use of our companion nights before they expire in August. Some of our family was interested but already had other plans. No one in our friend group likes Vegas because they all went on shitty trips in their early 20’s when they had no money and were with people who didn’t know how to do Vegas the right way, so they declined. The reservation agent sounded so sad when she wanted to book it for us and we told her we couldn’t find anyone to come with.

This report will be very heavy on F&B, especially at Cosmo outlets. My goal is to try and take a picture of every food and beverage item (minus repeats) for this report. That way I have a easy record to review when I want to be disgusted with myself for how much I consumed in Vegas and this can be a one stop shot for those that need a fix. The below is the hit list for now, though I’m sure a few will fall off and others might pop up because who can really know what’s going to happen once rolling in Vegas. My wife and I generally share so we can try a wider variety of options.

-District Donuts (New to us)
    -Hattie B’s (new to us)
    -Lardo (new to us)
    -Pok Pok (new to us)
    -Ghost Donkey (new to us)
    -Eggslut (May not be a stop with all the new options if the lines are still so long)
    -Secret Pizza (wouldn’t be a trip without a slice here)
    -Estiatorio Milos (lunch special)
    -China Poblano
    -Holstein’s (just for a shake, we’ve soured on their burgers)
    -Momofuku
    -Beauty & Essex
    -Scarpetta (new to us)
    -Wicked Spoon
    -In n Out (wife requires this on every trip to the west coast)
    -Eataly (walkthrough to see if they’re carrying some of our favorites from other locations)

To be continued with gambling/activity plans . . .

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HHFan

HHFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambling wise we have a $5K bankroll. In reality we only need 2-3K as that’s the point where we sour on gambling for the trip. We have become mostly VP/slot players, with our time at the tables more limited on each trip. My wife like to play VP at Chandelier so she can drink old fashioneds plus she thinks it’s lucky since that’s where I hit my royal last year. I prefer the sports book for the TVs and ability to moderate my buzz a little better with their draft beer options, so we’ll spend time at both. Not sure where we’ll spend our slot funds yet, but we definitely plan on stretching our gambling dollars for a bit on the Fortune Cup machine when we need to cool off.

Table game wise, we’ll probably swing by a Let It Ride table for a session because it is so low stress and good for interacting with some other humans for a bit. It used to be our main game, but several ice cold sessions in a row and the constant haranguing to play the side and bonus bets made it less attractive. I also want this to be the trip that I finally play craps at a table. I always end up intimidated and keep my distance, but I want that experience of a hot table where everyone is killing it and I can’t do that without trying.

We’ve decided to rent a car as insurance against gambling going south and needing to venture out to blow off some steam.
    -Red Rock scooter tour booked for Saturday morning which looks like it’ll be a nice combo of mild excitement and beautiful sights.
    -Wife wanted to see Mystere and I haven’t seen it since my first trip 9 years ago, so we grabbed 50% off tickets with one of their promos for Sunday night.
    -Might do one of the Vegas Curated experiences with CET, leaning towards the Flair Bartending one since the schedule looks like it’ll be a better fit.
    -A least one lazy morning at the Blvd pool, probably Monday or Tuesday based on the forecast.
    -Lots of strip walking/resort exploration. We were real homebodies on our trip last summer and barely left Cosmo, so we want to stretch our legs a bit more and make it up to the north end as it’s been years since we walked through Wynncore for example.

That’s more than enough of an intro. Plan is to keep this thing live with quick posts, then follow up on stuff I want to expound on later. I don’t sleep much in Vegas, but my wife does, so there’s usually lots of time spent hanging out in the room waiting on her.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you both the best!
    Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time! :D

RICHARD

• Love Love x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have a fabulous trip planned. I hope you and your wife have a blast!!!

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. crm1310

crm1310 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and following along!

6. rooster42000

rooster42000 Patriots #1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck.:beer:

7. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will definitely be following along! Love love love the Cosmo! Have an amazing time! I’m excited to see all the food you’ll eat.

I’ll be there with a friend next Weds - Fri, can’t wait!!

Annual Trip with Boyfriend & Family - Vision Expo 2019!
    Up the Irons! One Night Stay for Iron Maiden!
  8. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    District - Make sure to try the waffle fries for sure. They're fabulous (and there are a ton of them). I think one or two of the donuts change daily. Had a cinnamon roll there last time that was fabulous.

Eggslut - Yeah, the lines are still ridiculous. But you'll see times later in the morning & most of the afternoon when there's nobody waiting.

Wicked Spoon - There have been many comments on the board over the last few months how the quality has really gone downhill.

Have an awesome trip!

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe travels!

10. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip I will be following along

Sons 21st birthday trip
  11. miss_sonja

miss_sonja High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought District was a branch of the Washington D.C. District Doughnuts, but now I see it's the one from New Orleans. Different spelling on the "donut" part. I wasn't even going to try it, since I thought I already had in D.C.!

Which levels of Chandelier have bartop VP? I still haven't managed to sit down and play there, despite meaning to on my last trip.

Have a great trip! Looking forward to your food pics.

First Comp, I couldn't NOT book it, could I?
  12. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yasssss a foodie and a cosmo lover! Looking forward to this one :) hope theres lots of food pics!

I think maybe just ground floor? Deffo ground floor but maybe 1.5. They aren't on the top floor afaik.

22 days in paradise <3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Astribling

Astribling VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe travels and good luck!

Fall Getaway, Cosmo - Subject to change upon better offers
    Fall Getaway - Solo trip
  14. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would give Wicked Spoon a try, I love that place and can't wait to have at least one meal there next week!

Jaleo - if you want a delicious affordable lunch, try their lunch special! $25/pp nets you 3 courses but depending on what you get, you can leave pretty full.

District has some tasty breakfast sandwiches too!

Scarpetta is great! Their pasta is phenomenal. House special, but I highly recommend the spaghetti. Their polenta is really good too.

Let us know if you find Ghost Donkey! My friend and I had the hardest time locating it on our trip in November, maybe we just had too many drinks. Hahaha.

Annual Trip with Boyfriend & Family - Vision Expo 2019!
    Up the Irons! One Night Stay for Iron Maiden!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. HHFan

HHFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We’ve heard the same reviews on Wicked Spoon on photos from their Easter brunch were pretty lackluster. My wife has some favorites on the buffet though (biggest being the chocolate covered strawberries), so if I can get a quick look and confirm those are available when over there then we’ll likely go. It was not as good on our trip last year as it was 3-5 years ago, but at 2-1 with Gold it was still a good value.

Got everyone squared away in the office and now it’s off to the airport. I always think it’s crazy how I’ve “ended” my day at work but will be falling asleep with a view of the Vegas lights tonight. Weather looks good after a scary forecast this morning, so hopefully we’ll have an on-time departure.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cant wait to see all the yummy food pics!!
    Have a great trip!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. win4me

win4me High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! Just returned from 3 nights at Cosmo. I will post a mini TR recap soon. There is so much good food at Cosmo it is hard to choose where to eat!

Kacey Musgraves and too much good eatin'!!
    • Like Like x 3
  18. HHFan

HHFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn’t like the look of the crowd level at the gate with late B group boarding passes so used 2 of our free upgraded boarding passes and I get to stretch out now.
    DD37D16A-5F60-4385-BA47-EEAC9525BDDB.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  19. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far, things are going your way. Have a great trip. :beer:

20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottom floor only.

Have a great trip @HHFan!

MyVegas lets us stay again? Okay!
    Thanks Wynn slot app! M's birthday in style!
    • Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.