1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live(ish) tr - 2 Brits , 12 nights, low rolling - Long and probably dull

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Nikkid21, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying the report! A game at Cashman is so much fun, especially on $1 beer night!:beer:

Just a FYI, if you walked to Fremont or Cal, they have a free shuttle to Sam's. They run until about 9 PM, about every 1:15.

2. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great trip report so far. I love all of the pictures. It sounds like you guys are having a blast!

I am a professional "people watcher", too... it can be one of the best things about Vegas.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great hit!

He probably didn't realize that was 6/5 Jacks or Better game though. That's actually the worst payback that an STP machine can offer, 95.26% after STP. If he gets the itch to try it again (I would after that hit!), I would recommend Bonus Poker instead if it's available (it usually is at most places). The 6/5 version of that game is 97.14% after STP. The paytables are identical except you get paid more when you make 4 Aces or 4 2s, 3s, or 4s. Strategy is basically the same as Jacks or Better too.

Keep up the big wins!

4. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx for the advice . Tbh we were hammered drunk (surprise I know) and they were the first machines that we saw on leaving the main MGM Grand lobby.

Incidentally the reason that we were there was that j had lost his id, driving license , and thought he had left it at the mlife desk. Turns out that it was in his pocket the whole time but a profitable diversion aT least.

Haven't left the room yet today. Drinking And tiredness catching up after a whole week full on, so just chilling out in the awesome spa tub with a couple of bottles of bubbly. Have hit pearl on mlife (for what it's worth) so will grab new cards later and apply our whole $30 of express comps to our $1000 bill. Doesn't look like we get any comps for our $10 pai gow even though we've both played around 20 hours each at nyny and luxor over last 6 nights.

5. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of to golden nugget for last 4 nights tomorrow. Booked into rush tower but going to try for rush tower gold floor with the comp landrys select club member upgrade. If that doesn't work we may end up paying for it just for the wifi and gym access for me. Budget was that we expected to be down around $800 each by this point for gambling so can upgrade.

I know it goes against the gambling brain of many on here but we expect to lose.Gambling budget each at $1500 for trip and in our minds it's lost money. I expect to lose the whole lot, have fun and drinks whilst doing so. anything that we bring home (or use to pay hotel bills) is a bonus. We view the gambling budget as an entertainment expense as you would shows or fancy meals.

6. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't judge but we're having g cocktails and an appetiser at rainforest cafe. J had a $25 laundrys birthday credit to use by tomorrow so this will burn it up

[​IMG]

Mai tai and rainbow colada

7. stormy

stormy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your TR and pics . How bout a facial pic so we can see what a proper English rose looks like?

8. bearnana

bearnana Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is an awesome trip report. Glad you guys loved Zumanity. Zumanity and Absinthe are my favorite shows I've seen so far. Love the food pics. Rollin Smoke has now become a must visit.

9. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

I git a royal on the paigow fortune bonus . $150 for $1 bet and 2 guys on table got $50 envy bet [emoji3]

10. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has a pair of 8s up top inc 8 if clubs so one card off of 7 card flush for 1000 to one.

However I'm having lots of fun and am not bitter.

11. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have the most amazing dealer.

Sample quote
    " pushy pushy , son of a bitchy".

Had insulted j for going bald and being a red head. Other guys getting grief for buying in a Philippine bride . She's absolutely fab

12. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great to see you were able to get a picture of a table game on the floor. Enjoying the trip report.

13. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Managed to close down the table. Played with our dealer Thelma her whole shift. 7:30 pm to 4am

J down $100 (drunk silly playing 30 plus dragon at the end.). He did get 2 4oak inc one with a dollar bet for the dealer (25 payout). I turned 100 into 275 so happy with that.

Now eating pizza in Monte Carlo food court. Have to check out at 11

14. jamesdownthepub

jamesdownthepub Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great trip report!

Its nice to see fellow brits doing a trip report and also the pics of the signature, im off there as a first timer to vegas in oct and cannot wait....

keep it going!

15. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have fun downtown.. Binions has a pretty decent Paigow table - I spent a fair bit of time there in March. One of the crew is also a Brit - Andrew I think it is.. and early morning pai gow is only $5

makes the dollar stretch further...

16. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I want to tip at PGP, I usually do the fortune bet also, but I don't announce that it's for the dealer. I almost did that last trip, and on my very first time, hit 50 to 1 (I think that was the payout) and tipped 5. Not to sound cheap, but I would never tip 2x what I play per hand, so it seems fair. Anyone else do this?

17. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well we finally got to bed at 5:30 and both work up at 8:30. Gonna be a long changeover day even though we did manage to beg a comp 1pm checkout when we staggered in last night.

Completely failed to eat yesterday apart from a couple of ham rolls that we made in the room and a slice of pizza at 4am this morning.

Plan is to head out to m&m world to pick up presents for our kids, then Monte Carlo to use our second my vegas $50 credit. Going to try double barrel as nothing on the pub menu is making me go mmmmm, although that could just me lack of sleep and way too much prosecco, gin and baileys last night. Will then checkout, head to Walmart for more coke and booze and then try to check in at the nugget.

After 8 days gambling j is still up $29 and I'm only down $150.

18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have really enjoyed your live report and photos.....your dealer sounded like she was a blast! We head to Vegas on Sunday so your report is getting me primed for the trip.

19. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be curious on your thoughts on Double Barrel. We ate there in April shortly after opening...the food was delicious but the service was probably the worst I've ever had anywhere.

That's not creepy at all. :)

Enjoying the report!

20. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Never ever play 6:5, it is not blackjack

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is brilliant trip report (thank you), you two sound like your are having the time of your lives. My money is on one of you two coming away in profit - but I'm not pressing for the double! Keep up the good work.:nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.