1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

(LIVE 7/8 – 7/12) Kids Are In Camp And We’re Low-Rollin’ @ Luxor

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MWD, Jul 8, 2018.

1. MWD

MWD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I slept before last night's final report. Rookie move. So I have a Last Night update and a This Morning update.

LAST NIGHT:

We decided to play Face-Up Pai Gow while waiting for Southwest to drop off my lost luggage. (Turns out they had sent it to Phoenix instead of Las Vegas, for whatever reason. They found it and brought it to me, so no harm.)

It was a pretty brutal session that even seeing the dealer set her hand first couldn't rescue. I rolled through $100 quickly (my stop-loss for the session), but the Bride was doing a little better, so I thought I'd hit the Seinfeld slots while she was still playing.

As it turns out, my finger-clicker was in the lost luggage, so I had to play this slot my old-fashioned way. Which means, "Dammit, I'm not going to stop until I hit a bonus!" I had about $30 left from the original $200 I put in the machine (and hadn't hit anything more than I was playing per spin), when I finally hit a bonus round. Session saved!

seinfeld-win.JPG

I decided to not press my luck any further. I caught back up with my Bride, and as she cashed out, I collected my luggage from the bell desk and we went up to the room to call it a night.

We had planned on ordering room service breakfast to be delivered early(ish) this morning, when much to our surprise we discovered that at the Luxor, room service is only available from 6am - 1pm. That's not a typo. 1PM! I thought, surely we were just missing a menu or something as I've stayed in hotels in Ardmore, OK with more flexible hours. I called downstairs to verify, and sure enough, 6am - 1pm is it. Unless it's a weekend when they have extended hours all the way until...... 2pm.

room-service.JPG

We thought it was a pretty fitting end to the day and called it a night. At least I was able to brush my teeth with my own toothbrush!

THIS MORNING:

The bed and temperature were very comfortable (to our surprise as we are spoiled with our Sleep Number bed at home with all the bells and whistles), so we both slept great.

As we were getting up and around, I got our money together for the remainder of the trip. This is something I did on our very first trip to Vegas back in 2003, and she loved it so it's been a tradition for every since. I put each day's gambling budget in a separate envelope and then as she's getting ready each day, I'll put that day's envelopes on our pillows.

envelopes.JPG

Mrs. MWD had decided while looking at the room service menu the night before that she really wanted the Pyramid Cafe for breakfast. So we threw on jeans and t-shirts and headed downstairs. On the way to the elevator bank, I noticed this and took a pic:

privacy.JPG

This is the big double-door suite on the 28th floor, Apparently, you get a great view, a huge room, and a short walk to the elevators, but have to provide your own "extras", like a Do Not Disturb sign.

The Pyramid Cafe was very average. I created my own omelet and asked for extra cheese. The extra cheese they added was a half-slice of swiss placed on top of the omelet. I would say melted on top, but that would be overly generous. Even so, the omelet was ok - about a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. The Bride ordered the Pharaoh's Pheast and gave it a 5. We'll be looking for different options for breakfast during the rest of our stay. Also, we didn't order very efficiently. This meal was more than last night's dinner and paled in comparison to how satisfied we were following it.

pyramid-bill.JPG

After breakfast, Mrs. MWD suggested we play "just a hand or two" at Face Up Pai Gow on our way back to the room. This session went much better and our hand or two turned into about an hour. I finished up by $25 and she was down by $15. Another minor win, but even when you only win by $1, you still get to put it the "W" column!

Back in the room now, getting caught up on this, emailing our campers, and touching base with work. We plan to head to the Wynn to play Pai Gow at Manush's table before going to the Orleans for the 7pm NL Hold 'Em tournament tonight.

One final note on our room: Mrs. MWD wanted to share that she likes the room, but as a warning to the women out there: there's no full-length mirror and the bathroom lighting is poor.

Thanks to every one who has read and commented on my "virgin" Trip Report! I hope to catch up with the comments later today.

• Like Like x 7
  2. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep it coming! Luxor is our home property so I get to live vicariously through your TR.

3. MWD

MWD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We made it to the Wynn. Clearly this is the trip where Mrs. MWD is going to have to balance out my losses.

Manush (our favorite dealer) is off today and tomorrow so we’ll have to come back Wednesday. In the meantime at the Wynn:

Pai Gow: Mrs is up. I am down.
    Slots: Mrs is up. I am down.
    General appeal: Mrs is up. I am down.

I’m sensing a theme.

So we’re grabbing our pre-tourney meal and watching some of the Red Sox game at the Sports Book restaurant here.

CE7C11C6-ABE3-4CA8-9CE8-514C74BF68D5.jpeg

Looking forward to the tournament. I was “bubble boy” last time we played at the Orleans, so I only need to be “one better.”

4. MWD

MWD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the first break of the tournament at the Orleans. The bride and I are still alive, just barely.

EC2874AD-E039-42F8-A5EB-6F1E3B62B171.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. MWD

MWD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Vegasworm:

10211971-C88F-4BFC-BAD7-A3DDFF57EF0A.jpeg

0B3EEB88-A7D3-41B6-AF22-A6B8C20ACAE7.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 5
  6. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa, congrats!!
    Was this at The Orleans?

First ever stay here!
    First Thanksgiving in Vegas!
  7. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice job! Happy you got a handpay! :thumbsup:
    The Handpay Gods are still holding out on me....but someday!

Continue to enjoy your trip!

Vegasworm

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why a handpay on $1015.00?

Sooooo ready!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Liquidmist

Liquidmist Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive gotten hand pays for $60 on nickel machines that spit out actual nickles. It all depends what machine you’re playing and where. But this won’t have a tax form with it, those are only for over $1,200

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either of you cash in the tourney?

Big Game weekend again
  11. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Progressive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd guess he hit it at Bellagio Sports Book. Bellagio has VP units with black background, progressives, and that "Colorado Deuces" paytable (96.77%). Personally I like the standard blue color better. Lol

Great stuff so far @MWD!

13. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Funny Funny x 1