1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live 6/5 to 6/8

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by thestardawg, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed, with a KICKER even!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I don't play much VP. What's with the odd amount payoffs, like 778 and 553 instead of 800?

3. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's me taking
    Pictures before the payoff finishes

4. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, thanks. Now I don't whether to feel less stupid or more stupid. :evillaugh

6. JulieM

JulieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you hit the superfecta...

7. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Julie I did...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoops. Here it is

[​IMG]

10. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This lower roller says thank you Ballys

[​IMG]

11. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [YOUTUBE]cTozW3ZC6_I[/YOUTUBE]

Excellent hits!!! Let the good times and hot streak rolllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

12. VegasLambie

VegasLambie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In case you don't want to look this up.
    $1.00 superfecta — 11-8-1-2 — $3,808.00
    $1.00 superfecta — 11-8-1-9 — $5,728.50

Love the .10 box with the extra horses. Sneaky smart degen move that paid off!
    I'm so going to do it!

13. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still grinding. I'll give a more coherent grammatically correct summary on
    My flight back tomorrow but hell this has been fun

[​IMG]

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great hit on the race! Keep it up!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  15. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying the report and the pictures , I have to admit the betting slips could have been in any language as I have no idea what the bets were ! Were all the winnings from those bets ?

16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the wins....looking forward to hearing the details!

17. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I was going to say the same thing. It's completely Greek to me.

18. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the Sports book the same as Sully's Bar?

19. Lsucrazyman

Lsucrazyman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report will try it in October

20. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. so let's try this in correct English.

This is my last Vegas trip for awhile. I usually go 3-4 times a year. Once with the boys, once with the wife, and then once on my own. This was a solo trip, and one I debated not taking, as my wife is expecting in mid August. However, I decided to go as our last visit with my wife's doc indicated she was doing well.

I'm a lower roller. I usually bring 1500-2500 for a trip, and play a lot of .25-$1 video poker, 15 a hand blackjack and some craps. I also like Sports betting. I know enough about horses to be dangerous..usually to myself but every now and then.

Flew out Thursday morning on Virgin America. Landed in LAX, and then a quick connection to Vegas. The first day was uneventful, other than it confirmed that I should not gamble the first day. I got my ass handed to me as usual, hitting one quad in 3-4 hours of VP play, and then getting cleaned out in blackjack. The highlights of that day were good prime rib at Gallaghers, some strong drinks at Cosmo, and shooting the breeze with Donny and Jonyce at Sullys. Ended the day down about 600.

I woke up Friday hoping for a better day. After taking another morning beating at VP, this time playing Ultimate X (more like ultimate destruction of my wallet) to the tune of 250 bucks, I went to pla Royal Links. I was paired up with two Brit expats who live in Melbourne, Australia. They were great guys, and we had a really fun round. I was pleased to shoot 82, even with 4 doubles. The issue with Royal Links, is much like the holes they pattern themselves on, if you drive into a fairway bunker, you're usually just pitching back out in the fairway. I hit the ball well enough to shoot high 70's but didn't putt very well, and hit 4 fairway bunkers. Anyhow fun round, and I do like Royal Links quite a bit.

Hoping for better luck I went down to the Sports book at Ballys and placed 6 sports bets (which didn't go well..won 1 out of 6...yikes...) I was shooting the breeze with Po and Santos when I ran into the 4 aces which was a major plus. Better yet it was on .50 cent VP. I also managed to run into a couple more quads, and booked a small win over all that day.

PO and Santos contributed to getting me smashed, and after a healthy dinner ofNathans chicken strips and fries, I called it an early night around 11pm. You'd think I was 400 not 40...

Yesterday was my last real day in Vegas, and after waking up completely dehydrated and with a pounding headache, I was glad I had scheduled an early massage. I walked in feeling like about $1.40 and walked out feeling like a million bucks. I then went over for a late breakfast/early lunch at Mon Ami, and after pounding down some Onion Soup and a chicken and brie sandwich, I felt good.

I made my way back down to Bally's sports book to play the horses and video poker.

Now I had a dilemma. I almost ended up having to scrap my trip. In the last 2-3 weeks both my wife and I have had our cars go into the shop for a major repair, I also had some out of pocket expenses at my business. I decided to come anyway, but brought 1250 this time, which is less than my usual bankroll. My instinct was to play it safe, but with about 750 bucks in my pocket I said screw it and decided to see if I could book a good win. The money was already mentally spent when I took it with me, so I decided to give it a go.

I had managed to lose most of my initial buy in at video poker, and was down to about 17 bucks on my second buy in, when I ran into 4 aces at .50 cents again, this time hitting 4 aces after holding 1. Now having some capital to play with, I bumped up to a dollar, and caught 4 3's with a kicker. 800 bucks. Nice!

I was whiffing on the horses until race 9 when I hit the .10 cent super for about 225. That brought me back to even on the horses for the day.

Now comes the Belmont. Again, I know enough to be dangerous. Usually to my own fiscal health. I had listened to a couple podcasts, and made up my mind to take a crack at a good pay day by only involving the two favorites in deeper bets.

My bets were

Commissioner 15 dollars across the board-HIT
    Tonalist 15 dollars across the board -HIT
    I played Medal Count, Chrome and Commissioner in a box exacta, and also, Chrome, Medaland Tonalist. Just missed this.

So, here's where I get paid off.

Played a .50 Trifecta box (need to have the top 3 finishers) I played Commanding Curve, Chrome, ...and Medal COunt, Tonalist, and Commissioner. This was the huge payoff. The 2 dollar tri was over 6400. .50 tri paid me 1695. If Commissioner had managed to ease out Tonalist at the end, it would have been even more huge.

I played the same 5 horses in my super box, but being from the Boston area, decided to add Wicked Strong even though I wasn't nuts about his chances. I'm glad I did as 4th place was a dead heat between California Chrome and Wicked Strong. Which meant there were two supers. Which meant I hit both of them. Paid me over 900 bucks over the two of them. (I was playing the .10 super). Again, if Commissioner had managed to win, it would have been a ton more money....but anytime you can net over 3K on a horse race......holy crap what a win.

On a day I couldn't seem to lose, I also hit 6 out of 8 sports bets.

I decided to splurge on a final dinner, and went to CUT, where I inhaled a giant rib eye and had a couple glasses of wine. Steak was delicious. Original plan was to check out BLT steak, but with a little extra money in my pocket.....I went for Cut.

Ended the night back at Sullys shooting the breeze with Donny and Rick, hitting a couple more quads, and enjoying a nice win.

Put some future bets on Sergio Garcia and Zack Johnson for this week's US Open, and also took the Indians to win the AL and the Rams to win the Super Bowl at 50-1.

Ended the trip up $2800.00. I'd like to say it goes to my next trip budget, but it's probably going towards a nice dinner with the wife, and the rest of it going to Baby's education fund.

I know this wasn't as exciting as a NateDogg or Gaggles/BeeJay/Macker live report, but I tried. Thanks for reading my drivel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.