1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live 3/30-4/2- SkadooZie's Easter eggstravaganza

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BlueSkadoo, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't realize we did so much yesterday, but it looks like a lot when I write it out here. We headed downtown and went directly to the Golden Gate so my buddy could stare at boobs while playing low limit blackjack. I found a goldfish slot that I think was the same as UKfanatic's friends played. I kept catching the fish but I never caught anything better than a lowly catfish. However the frequency that I hit the bonuses was the best it had been all trip. I only played about 5 bucks, just killing time, and ended up cashing out at 25. You may wonder why I cashed out if I was doing so well. Basically because it was LOUD!! They had a rock band right outside the door, playing 80's cover songs. Which is fine, except the golden gate wanted to compete by blaring their own music over the band. It was just too much, so I went to the back, where it was still loud but only one source of noise.

I didn't win anything, and neither did my friend. We were overstimulated, each in our own way and decided to just go back to the Mirage because we could lose money just as well there. We took a crowded SDX back to the strip and my buddy played blackjack, and I found my new favorite video poker game. Triple play double double bonus! How have I missed this all these years? I won a little bit, but more than anything, I played a long time on a tiny buy-in. Definitely something I will play again.

About midnight I have to call it a day. The rest of my week is going to be crazy and tomorrow is the trip home which is all weighing on my mind. My friend stays downstairs, loses most what he had left but said he doesn't mind because the entertainment at the table was priceless. Apparently he had a rather sarcastic dealer who was making cracks at the expense of the other guys playing blackjack who were procuring some ladies for in-room entertainment. These fellas wanted to party so much she had to call for backup with additional girls. Yet again, Skadoo sees no hookers! Some day...

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh...you found the crack...triple play DDB. May God have mercy on your soul.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fishing game!!!!! :thumbsup:

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for a great report....might wanna ask Gaggles how that triple play double double has been treating him!

5. alexanbo

alexanbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It treated me ok..... it is straight crack though

VegasDec2012207.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  6. Dobber2320

Dobber2320 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skadoo - you don't have boobs that your friend could stare at while playing at the Mirage??

7. jdub7

jdub7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boo to no booze????

So, I am curious to get your opinion on being in Vegas and no alcohol. Was it just as enjoyable? or a bore? Give us your thoughts.

8. BlueSkadoo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our final day in Vegas, I finally slept in until about 8. We decided to have breakfast at Bouchon this morning. I had the sourdough waffles and my friend had the eggs and bacon. It was decent, the setting was pretty and not as expensive as I had anticipated. Would I return? I'm torn. Maybe I built it up too much, which I tend to do, but it was just okay. They were impressively thorough with my friend's food allergy concerns, going so far to tell us the smoke that cured the bacon contained pecans.

After breakfast, of course I played some more video baccarat because I'm a glutton for punishment. I won 1 whole hand this time, and two others were playing with me. They weren't very social, so again I yelled at the video dealer. She just kept smiling like a loon. What a jerk.

We went back to the Mirage, packed up our bags and grabbed a quick snack and headed back to the airport. Security at T3 was busier than I've seen it in a while. I remembered to pack up the toiletries for the USO only to discover they had no donation box there. I ended up giving it to a TSA guy in a suit who said they would take it to the other terminal for me but the skeptic in me suspects they will toss it in the trash.

Overall, it was an okay trip, but being sick was not fun. I definitely took it easier than I normally would because of that. It was extra hard because one of my favorite things about Vegas is all the great food and I could hardly enjoy most of it. Being on my medicine that prevented me from drinking also was a downer. I've done several trips where I choose not to drink, but knowing you can't have it seems to just make you want it. My goal to order weird drinks from cocktail waitresses was a bust because I barely saw any. Yet again, the gambling was terrible, and it seems like that's been the case for a while. Yet I will keep trying!

9. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't get too discouraged! You will rebound on the next trip :thumbsup:

10. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    please address this question, inquiring minds want to know!:wink2:

11. BlueSkadoo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's like staring at your sisters boobs! :vomit:

12. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skadoo, you know you just opened up the floodgates for Beejay to start on the incest jokes ..... lol

13. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly hope not, as there are certain boundaries that should never be crossed. Just sayin'.

14. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps. But wherever those boundaries are, I think Beejay plowed right over them several trip reports ago :poke:

15. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the world really wants to know...

Did he wear his tennis shoes to dinner or not?!? :wink2:

16. resutoran

resutoran Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    who is this male friend! I always thought when girls go with guy friend alone, it means :kiss::poke::thumbsup: Being sick does get you out of this obligation tho. :evillaugh

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.