1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Linking upgraded room to myvegas comp?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by neminem, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

Hey, I'm just curious - I was super excited to see that they'd given me access to the 2-night comps for some reason, and just in case that was a mistake (I bought exactly 5 dollars worth of myvegas chips, like 2+ years ago :D), I got right on that and booked a trip for next month. I'm flying in Saturday evening, and Sunday/Monday is comped. I'm thinking of spending Saturday night in the same hotel (Vdara) - I'm just wondering, if I spent the extra few dollars for a better view Saturday night, would they let us link that reservation to the comped reservation, or would they likely kick us out and make us change rooms? Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Probably depends how booked they are but since the most expensive night is the one you're paying cash for, that should help the odds in your favor. A view room is a pretty small upgrade so I feel like chances are decent - if you were angling for a two bedroom penthouse that would be a different story.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

So, confirmed, on one hand, yes, I ran into no issues, they didn't even blink. On the other hand, that was a pretty lame view - wouldn't pay ~$10 for that again. If it were a cruise, the term that would be used for that view would be "obstructed" - I had a view of maybe a third of the Bellagio fountain, the rest of it being blocked by Cosmopolitan. The room itself was great, though - and given that I was planning on spending most of my time at Cosmopolitan, it was a great location, too. Just dumb that they were charging extra for such a lame upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.