1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo tip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ReneHorn, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReneHorn

ReneHorn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the appropriate tip amount to and from airport? Limo is comped by host.

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most people say $20.
    If I am alone with only a carryon that may work.
    When I'm with my wife and have several checked bags ,I give $40.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's very generous of you. I'm a limo driver myself, not stretch but the black cars. Mostly corporate people traveling to the airport or meetings in the NYC/NJ area. When I get the occasional person traveling for pleasure they usually tip $20, when it's for work however it's usually nothing. In their defense the tip is included, but it has to be since most limo drivers make under minimum wage. So a cash tip is in addition to the mandatory tip. When most people travel for work though they feel an additional tip is not necessary.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip, MGM skylofts send me a Bentley I tipped him $40.. on way back to airport we had two cars (Bentley and Cadillac Escalade) and I tipped them $40 each. There were 5 of us 2 were my teenage kids. And we had few bags. I learned about "better tipping" from this board worked out well.

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I over tip for comped limo rides but I can't help it.

I used to do $20 each way when I was taking the comped limos to and from Caesars but 3 of my last 4 trips I've been picked up by Wynncore in a RR, the only time in my life that I will likely ever be in one -- going to and from Encore/the airport. LOL. I am solo when traveling and typically don't have checked luggage arriving in Vegas but I tip the driver 40 to 50. The last couple of trips I have asked the driver to stop at the bank en route to the hotel so that I can get my cash for the week, so the driver is waiting. In that case I tip $60. The wait is short but it is a stop nevertheless and I love the fact that Wynncore lets the driver do it, which enables me to carry minimal cash while traveling to Vegas.

When the limo picks my mom and niece up from the airport (I'm usually already in Vegas), I tip a clean Benjamin to the driver before he leaves the hotel. My mom has a walker, a restroom stop at the airport is often required, and she and my niece have a fair amount of luggage. I greet my mom when she pulls up in a Wynncore car at the hotel entrance and give her a big Welcome to Vegas hug.

I know the drivers would provide good service to my mother no matter what but tipping $100 in advance goes a long way to ensuring it. Same for the return trip to the airport for my mom and nieces. My solo return trip to the airport is usually 40, usually with a small piece of checked luggage.

6. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll normally tip $20. But, I think that's kinda overkill. So, what I'm going to start doing is tip $10, and if they stop at CVS/Walgreens for me, I'll tip $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.