1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by blkshirt, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So when my wife and I made our last trip, we used Omni for a car service and loved it. This time we are going in a group but everybody other than us and another couple are coming in at all different times. The question I have is, if our flights are on time (big if as the other couple is flying Spirit and we are on United), we will come in via Terminal 3 and they will come in at Terminal 1, 15 minutes after us. Do you think the driver would pick them up as well and then head to the liquor store and then finally Delano?

From Omni's site it shows that I can do a by the hour rental, would that be better?

I've talked to the other guy in the group and he's game to surprise our wives with this, just want to get thoughts on the best option before calling and talking to them...

thanks!

2020 Trip Take3???
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like your best bet would be to book a 2 hour limo ride to accommodate any possible delays and to give you all enough time to make any stops you like. Or, book the limo to pick your friends up at their arrival time at Terminal 1, then they head over to pick you all up at T3 to save that 15-20 minute difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better than what? What type of rate did you use last time? The kind where they pick you up but start the clock when your plane lands?

If that's the situation, then yeah, arranging for a one hour ride starting about 30 - 45 minutes after your plane lands might work. Or what @SH0CK said, have the other guy make the reservation and then pick you up 2nd. Going to Delano helps, but one hour will be very tight if you want to get picked up first and make 2 stops while also having to wait for the other guy.

Just a note on trying to do a specific timed pickup at the airport vs a "based on when the plane lands" pick up - Omni might be different, but I couldn't get Presidential to do that. For an advance reservation, they would only do an airport pickup based on flight info. I wanted to do a supermarket run on the way to the hotel and didn't want to burn off any extra time waiting for bags, so I ended up just doing a walkup via their kiosk outside the terminal.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  4. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time we did this, we just gave them the flight info and they were waiting when we landed (they were watching the flight as we got in about 15 minutes earlier than scheduled at take-off). What I did this time was book a one hour rental and then pushed it back to 7:40 (40 minutes after our friends get in, assuming on time) then we'll head to Total Wine and then Delano. I called and spoke to Omni and they said this is the better option, just means we have to get from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1, which according to the McCarran website there is a shuttle, so we will just do that.

2020 Trip Take3???
  5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good. And good for Omni for letting you book it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.