1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Likely to reach diamond with my BR?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Odelay77, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like this has been asked before... I’d do the math myself but it seems like it relies on too many unknowns, so I’m just looking for some anecdotal information from all the experts on here...

If all works out well professionally, I should be switching jobs and getting a humongous (3x) pay hike, so my mouth is watering as I look ahead to my trip in May. I should be able to bring a BR of anywhere between 3k-5k for a 4 day trip. Staying comped at Bally’s and I’ll be focusing all of my play (VP and some slots) at CET (mostly Linq).

Question: is it at all possible/likely that I could get anywhere near diamond status on this trip? Sorry if that’s a naive question, but I’m wondering if it’s even a realistic goal.

Thanks in advance for any stories, theories, suggestions, or mathematical evidence!

Living the suite life on our anniversary trip!
  2. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think so. Go for 2 2500 tier credit days for the 5k bonus and you'll have diamond in 2 days. If you want 25k to get free diamond lounge access it'll be a little more. Plugging away at $1 VP you should be able to do it for quite a bit less than your BR unless you have a god awful run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 2 cents on this:

Like I said, 2500TC "Ain't that easy", and I wouldn't chase 25,000 diamond by trying to make two 2500TC days. I am 7* and I didn't log than many 2500TC days.

A 2500TC day is $12,500 coin in for slots, and $25,000 coin in for VP.

HGS/GGWU - final trip of 2018
    First trip of 2019 - my birthday
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. StevieNight

StevieNight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Annual Easter Trip feat. ACM Awards
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's really no way to accurately predict this. Your best chance is to maximize your bonus TCs obviously, but you're playing VP and Slots. So whether you make it or not is going to depend entirely by your luck, especially if you're playing more slots than VP. I've had trips where I never pulled more than my first $20 bill out of my pocket (hit for $150, then went to next machine and hit $4k jackpot and kept rolling from there). I've also had trips where I never had a slot hit for more than 40x my bet (my luck was so awful and unenjoyable I actually just quit with a day and a half to go and played golf). If Diamond is a big goal for you, I would limit my slot play and/or search out games with low variance that will let you cycle more money through. Even focusing on VP though, you still need to avoid long cold streaks.

6. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm strictly a slot player, my budget is "worst case".

$1 per TC. Anything less than that and I'm happy.

So, $5000 to make 5000 TC (not including bonuses).

7. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Consider paying the $395 fee for a Founders Card, which will get you your Diamond level status without risking your BR

Early Winter Getaway
    My 30 day Winter reprieve ....
  8. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s really interesting and helpful, thanks.

Of course, finding a $1 full pay JoB machine at a Vegas CET property that gives 1TC/$10 might not be too easy... nor will finding the time to play over 3k hands in a day while on an anniversary trip.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But you still need to earn 25,000 TC for "free" Diamond Lounge access because Founder's Club give you access, but no TCs. If all you want is no resort fees, you need to book 10 days a year just to break even.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Dai. Yeah, I’m interested in getting the diamond status through gaming, because I’m mostly interested in getting a host, nicer suites, and F&B on future trips. Diamond lounge access is nice, I suppose, even though I’ve never set foot in one.

11. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The level of card isn't going to get you any of the items you want. The only thing that will get you that is your play. Now one may attain both, but the status doesn't do anything for you in terms of comps (outside of the stated perks like DL access/lines/check-in and waived resort fees if you consider those comps). If you're hoping to get the things you just mentioned, just go play your BR however you would like and see what comes of it. If you change anything, just seek out lower variance slots that will allow you to cycle more coin-in. As you're playing simply keep track of where you're at for earned TCs for the day and make sure to maximize the bonus if you're close to a higher bonus. But if you just want better comps, a host, etc., your tier won't make one iota of a difference.

12. Sprocket

Sprocket Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had diamond lounge access all year, 4 trips, havent set foot in one this year.food is meh. Drinks are good , but take a while. I get the same room offers as a gold going once a year as I do as a diamond going 4 times. No resort fees is nice!

• Like Like x 1
  13. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might consider playing a multi game machine. If the paytables are the same, a 100 play VP at the penny level will likely have fewer wild swings than single play at the $1 level

14. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then, IMHO, you should focus on play and not level. You should calculate (estimate) what your daily ADT would be and maintain it. I use TCs only because they're easy for me to calculate the bonuses.

A saying of mine . . . .

"Level gets you access, play (ADT) gets you comps.".

IMHO

Hosts
    A host is primarily driven by ADT and not level. When my buddy made Diamond I asked if he'd be getting a host, and I was told "When you friend gets to a level that justifies a host, CET will contact him.".

Nice suites
    Primarily driven by ADT, but once you get to a certain level (7*), you are upgraded to the highest level of room available. Note that it can "hurt you" if you want to take back end comps because your front end comps are automatically upped to the new comp room value.

F&B on future trips
    Again, primarily driven by ADT.

Diamond lounge access is, IMHO only important if you're a drinker or don't want to pay for a meal. :rolleyes:. I haven't been to a Diamond Lounge in my past 6-8 trips.

15. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Simply not possible. Even 9/5 JoB is hard to find.
    $1 single line, you need 5k hands, that's 6 hours solid play.
    To do it every day for 3 days in a row, tough job.

So I would say it is not impossible to do, but very difficult task. And the benefit of achieving it? almost nothing.

16. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No kidding. I've never seen plates piled as high as I've seen in the diamond lounge. It's like some of those people haven't eaten in months.

17. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a 7* and my dally bankroll is a bit more than yours and if I have a bad run - which can happen when you're going hot. I just barely get to 2,500 tier for the day. My opinion personally on your bankroll - you might make it, but don't count on it. I agree if you can have a decent run at 3 or 5 play you have a shot. If you have a losing streak $500 can disappear in 5 minutes. I've done it many of times.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    absolutely!
    Even on 9/6 JoB you can lose a ton.
    Last trip at TI, I had $125 free play. I tried to convert it at their $1 9/6 JoB machine as I always do.
    That's 25 hands. Guess how much I got in the end? F**king 0.
    25 hands without winning a single hand.

• Wow! Wow! x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes. I'm relying on some free play at $1 BP to give me a BR boost on my next trip. Now that'll be in the back of my mind! I think the worst I've done with free play is about half of the amount won back in cash, although I have certainly had runs like that while playing normally.

20. jdk

jdk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming from a mid-level Diamond (50-60k TC's/yr and this is typically accumulated in about 15 days of actual CET gaming) even if you make Diamond, you won't get a host or any Suite offers what so ever at the 15k TC level, unless you go knock out a few 2500TC days at some of their managed properties like Harrah's SoCal etc, or perhaps you'll get shitty suites at Flamingo. I certainly wouldn't shoot to spend $5k on the attempt.

• Agree Agree x 1