1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

LHR to LAS (via. IAH!) - Semi-Live TR! 13th Nov - 23rd Nov!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by RTG10, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Liked Giada's but the "bread" blew for an Italian restaurant.

You got the same dish I got, which I enjoyed.

2. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about tipping a lower percentage for fine dining over regular eating, when the tab is three figures I figure tipping less is alright as the server will still recieve a higher amount per head than if you tip at a place with $10 items, then you should tip more because 20% on a $10 meal is still only 2 bucks,

3. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So myself and the wife have really got into VP this trip. Found a great one with "levels" where you win at the low bet level 1x your bet and can then go up levels to win 8x your stake.

Any suggestions for good VP to try? Anything with a Carnie bonus bet is fun

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like STP a double STP. No strategy changes cause it awards c a random multipler

5. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a die hard Jacks or better Fan, especially multi draw (the cosmo has the best multi draw JoB in all of Vegas according to vpfree2) I am not a fan of the carnie additions that many VP games have, (ie: levels of multiplier, or even spin VP)

what is your favorite game you have played so far during your trip?

6. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favourite so far is MultiStrike Poker, the wife loves Spin Poker. Not t had any great hands to speak of today, dropped $500 on 3 Card and hit nothing!

Going to play some Vp whilst the wife sleeps.

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is the best show!! I have seen it 3 times and it will be a 4th soon!

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like "Multi-Strike"...pretty swingy. Also optimal strategy is a bit complex and it actually level-dependent (e.g. on levels 1 and 2 for Jacks or Better/Bonus, two high cards > low pair, but for levels 3 and 4, low pair > two high cards). I would recommend Ultimate X, Hot Roll Poker, Double Super Times Pay, Extra Draw Frenzy, or regular Super Times Pay before that one. Variance of those games are in rough decreasing order.

9. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really enjoyed playing some Double Super Times pay tonight, doubled my $100 buy in with this hit.

[​IMG]

I think the next few days I'm going to avoid cards / slots and focus on VP.

Is it statistically better to play single hand or multi hand if you are hurting for that hand Pay? A non multiplier Royal on that super double machine would have only paid around $200 per line and my total bet was $3 ish.

10. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice pull with 2 straight flushes! One tip though, at cosmo, Bonus is better than JoB for that game.

And if you are really looking for a handpay, I lower the lines played, and up the denomination per line. And in the case of Double STP, I believe the paytables also go up at quarters so that's a plus. They do for Bonus for sure. Also playing games like Double Double Bonus or Triple Double Bonus would also help...really any game that offers quad payouts that offer 1200 credits or more for certain quads at the dollar level. These include DDB and TDB as mentioned as well as "Super DDB", "White Hot Aces", or "Triple Bonus Plus". Ultimate X or Hot Roll Poker at 3-play quarters might give you a decent shot ($7.50 per round) since you pay double the bet for multipliers. And I would play DDB (or TDB) if you are looking for the hand pay. Probably the easiest way to do it on VP if you can afford it is to bet $25 per hand ($5 level) on single line DDB, then any quad gets you there. I don't really recommend playing $5 VP for long unless you don't care about your bankroll health.

Overall, this is a very, very, very risky endeavor! You could win or lose hundreds in just minutes!! Read BeeeJay's TR to see some examples of winning/losing thousands quickly!

11. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really enjoying your TR, thanks for posting!

12. Midwest10

Midwest10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. I really like this picture. The mountains behind Paris along with the plane in the sky look great.
    [​IMG]

13. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A brief update after a low gambling day. Just had dinner at "The Pantry" at the Mirage. I had Pork Sliders which were awesome, the lady had a grilled cheese (the lady wanted an American grilled cheese!) we shared a cookie skillet dessert, had unlimited cokes and all for 54$ including 20% tip and excellent service.

Highly recommended for a casual dinner and wish we found it sooner!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a wonderful hit! Thanks for the awesome trip report, I really enjoyed reading it. Keep it up, it ain't over til the fat lady sings!

15. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be doing Pantry in about two weeks when I stay at the mirage, the skillet looks very inviting.

Now where is the picture of your sliders? Wolfed it down before you had a chance to take a picture? Is it good?

16. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hoovered it down Pocky! They were so damn good I'm happy to go again just to take photos!

17. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just sat down at the Cosmo, 10C max bet with$100 in lets see how we go. I've chosen double double bonus, good call?

18. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Just started.

19. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 100 play games? Yeah, DDB is 9/6 there so it's fine. Good luck!

20. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And again!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.