1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving suitcases etc

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Chrisnewton, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

Our flights next year have been changed so we now fly out of vegas at 8pm at night.

We dont want to waste this final day so as we will leave our room at 12pm, is there anywhere we can leave our suitcases etc so we dont have to carry them round with us for 6 hours till we go to the airport?

we are staying at the Mirage

2020 Visit to the greatest City in the world
  2. Tank45

Tank45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bell/Luggage Check desk will hold them for you.

"Work" Trip!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bellman will store them for you at the Mirage until your ready to go to airport. It’s free, but tip them a couple dollars per bag.

4. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto

5. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all i have never used this service before where is it located?

6. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the lobby area near check in.

7. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, i know it was a dumb question but just never used this service before !!

8. vegas superfan

vegas superfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also call the belldesk from your room and they will come get your luggage for you and store it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow thats super handy to know thanks

10. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep bell desk or if your comps/budget allows maybe book the night that you are due to leave?

I got the extra day this year too as the flights were later so I don't have to worry about packing up etc until we have to go :)

Bell desk is easy FYI - I've used it nearly every place and the service is fab, a bellman can take your bags when you arrive and they give you a little receipt then you just go to your room when you are ready and call down for them to bring them up.

Then when you are leaving you can just call down and depending how busy they are they will come up within 30 mins and take them down for you and store them. Just as at the bell desk when you are ready to leave then for your bags and they will even load them into the car for you.

Ofcourse remember the tip! I tip at collection and drop off as its often different staff members.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much any hotel of any size deals with this all day long. If folks get there early and do not have a room ready, they do this. When they check out early in the day but do not leave until later, they do this. Very common. Usually a few bucks tip. Some do it when dropping off AND picking up. Some just on the back end. For sure, you should tip if they have to come to your room. Be advised... the call to come get your bags might be backed up and you might wait.

12. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my experience at MGM Grand..

During my first ever trip we arrived (10:00am) before my friend did (11:30am) and we shared the room with him and his wife. The booking was in his name so we couldn't check in until he arrived and it was still early anyway. We found the bell desk and stowed our luggage there until the room was available to us. He was kinda annoyed because he couldn't get early check in, but it was a Saturday so it was prolly busy. They moved our bags up to the room for us.

When we left our flight was due to leave at 11:59pm. My friend's flight was around noon. Instead of checking out early in the morning and stowing our bags, we decided to ask for late checkout. They couldn't/wouldn't accommodate that but said we can keep the room for an extra night and we would just have to checkout early. It was worth it since it was only $30 for the night. We took the time to have a quick nap before leaving.

So, you can certainly use the bell desk, but if the money makes sense it can be worth it to keep the room for an "extra night".

13. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long ago was this? 30 bucks doesn't even cover the resort fees at MGM for a night nowadays.

14. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of thoughts on the bell desk:

- It can take awhile to get your bags out, so be prepared
    - Don't check valuables. Bring a backpack/purse to hold stuff like iPads, laptops, jewelry, etc. Better safe than sorry.

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or at least bury them making it a bit harder to dig out. We carry an ipad with us and will not carry it around the strip and instead take our chances leaving it in one of our bags.

16. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2007. There was no resort fees. We were also staying there on pricing from an offer my friend received through M-Life (different name back then).

17. Laugh

Laugh High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    it... makes sense if you know what this is called. I promise.