1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Laurel Collection

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by justdeb, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they dont check room keys often but I have encountered that two times before and at a few other properties throughout the US that do that, mainly its to crack down on prostitutes and theft

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Shorts and t-shirt. Stayed a few times. Really like the room and the view and it's quiet.

The Nugget!
  3. justdeb

justdeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question. I want to get a room at the end of the hall, with a fountain few of course. I also want to see if we can get a couple of buffets. When i made the reservation the lady that upgraded us to Laurel
    Said that she was notating our account that we were there celebrating our 25th anniversary. Should i pass up the self check in, or should i actually talk to a human?

Also, coming from the parking structure, where is check in for LC?

Thank you :)

ps... i'm normally not a nervous nelly, especially about Vegas, but this time it's a trip of a lifetime for us, so i don't want to screw it up :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. jintheuk

jintheuk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would talk to a human, we got a room with a fantastic fountain view by asking at check in, no idea about getting free buffets, I doubt it as caesers are struggling at mo

5. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will feel as comfortable being at Caesars as you do at Southpoint. There are a broad spectrum of people staying there. You will feel right at home.

6. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Follow signs for check in and at check in ask for an end room with your view and make sure you let them know about your 25th. Don't count on a free buffets.

The Nugget!
  7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked in a Laurel room in May with a Strip view. Which tower should I ask to stay in? I'd prefer the shorter walk to the strip but wouldn't want to sacrifice a view / room size. I'm Diamond so hopefully a simple ask during check-in will get me my choice.

8. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    augustus is the front tower and just because you booked a strip view you may or may not get it...remember they are renovating the augustus right now so there are limited rooms, they close off 4 floors above and 4 floors below the floor that they are renovating so you will have 9 floors out of commission, thats how they do it and you dont hear them working

end of march i was there and asked for a fountain view, they told me they had to clean it and would call when its ready, go get the room and i was looking at the nobu hotel and mirage...then they tried to tell me that no fountain view is available, called a host, she got us the room and abiut 8 hours later my friend arrives and even they got one of the fountain view rooms that they didnt have

[​IMG]

9. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your reservation say Laurel room or Laurel Premium room? I asked for an Augustus room and mine says Laurel premium Strip view room.

10. justdeb

justdeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mine says Augustus.

11. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's interesting. I have not had a reservation say Augustus or Octavius since they changed to "Laurel Collection" about 18 months ago. I think I am going to say, " I would like a renovated Augustus room with a strip view of the Bellagio fountains". Of course, that will come after the flattering small talk :)

12. justdeb

justdeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the only thing the confirmation email said. The reservation supervisor said it was Augustus tower.

Dear Debra

Thank you for choosing The Laurel Collection by Caesars Palace. Your confirmation number and reservation details are below. Please contact The Laurel Collection by Caesars Palace should you have any questions or if you would like further assistance with your upcoming visit.

Be sure to check out our interactive map of the Las Vegas Strip to plan all your dining, shopping, and entertainment fun.

Make sure your preferences are up to date to receive great offers.

13. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine says....Laurel Premium 1KNS Strip View. My reservation was made by my host who offered us an Emperor's Suite which we declined as we are just not in the room very much. We are going this weekend and having dinner with my host on Thursday. So, I will get some information and let you all know.

14. justdeb

justdeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i looked at my TR email and it just says Room Type: Laurel Premium 1KNS

i'll have to email someone (even if am a nobody lol) BUT maybe they'll help me out since my entire stay, resort fees, taxes and room are already paid for!

15. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine says
    Thank you for choosing The Laurel Collection by Caesars Palace.on my comf e-mail.
    Signed onto my TR and checked resv and it says,
    Laurel Premium 1KNS

The Nugget!
  16. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not tack at all.
    If you decide which tower and view you want just ask for it at check in.
    See $20Trick section for threads on guests having success with upgrades.
    May or may not work but the people checking you in are used to requests for upgrades and get them every day.

17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When your friend arrived 8 hours later, they had cleaned many more rooms, and no surprise at all that a fountain room was available then, but not earlier. Why is this a surprise?

They may well have had view rooms 5 minutes before your arrival, and again shortly after you left the desk. People check out at different times, and the cleaning staff get to rooms one at a time. Add in the other people checking in at each desk, and things change rapidly.

18. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first off you didnt get the whole story so dont jump to conclusions, we checked in and asked for a bellagio fountain view room, they said ino problem but it wasnt ready at the moment as they were cleaning it right now, we did not get a fountain view 2 hours later when they called us to tell us it was ready...i called downstairs and they said sorry thats all they had available, all the fountain view rooms were sold out the whole weekend, then mentioned about the renovations and having limited rooms...I called my host right after hanging up and she said give me a minute, she called right back and said go downstairs and get your key, your one floor higher with a fountain view...im 7 star, my friend is diamond who came right at midnight checked in and also got one of those completely sold out rooms

in the end we got what we wanted. they even try that stuff here in new orleans.

19. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    these are the new augustus rooms, and the views can help you decide what you want to wake up to each morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are right. The whole story was not there to read.

Maybe they lied to you or maybe somewhere near midnight, they released some of the previously unavailable rooms. Stuff does happen. I surely can not assume or clarify if they stiffed you, or things changed late at night. Or, even if your friend is a higher value player and the room "appeared". As you know, some Diamonds are more valuable that some 7 Stars. I have no idea, just a discussion point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.