1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Latest Ride Share Figures at McCarran

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Las Vegan Cajun, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to 100% of the time rent a car so we could drive downtown without footing a rout rip cab fare of $75, and could shop during the day,etc. $100 for three nights seemed like a good deal for a rental. Now with lyft, we never get a car in vegas and can drink as much as we like. I think the most we have ever spent in a 3 night trip on left is about $60. I like how Lyft is cashless as i want to tip my driver.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber started allowing tips in the app as well.

3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ironically, when I arrived on 9/14, I ended up using a taxi. Uber vehicles were displaying at least 30+ minutes away from an airport pickup, along with surge pricing in effect. Traffic seemed to be the main cause. I took a $25 cab ride to the Flamingo and Uber's price was going to be very comparable. Only difference this time was I didn't have to wait for a cab...walked down and got right into one.

Certain circumstances still favor cabs at the airport, I'm guessing my situation is the most common.

4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After 20+ trips always using a rental car we ventured out and used Uber on our last trip. Very convenient and we had no problem with the driver stopping at Total Wines for a provision pick-up. The part we loved the most was being able to skip the R-A-C shuttle arriving and departing...very convenient.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the reason I recommend having a Lyft account in addition to Uber. I watch Uber surge up and back down all day long depending on demand. The airport surge on Uber rarely lasts more than 15 minutes at a time. But with Lyft there are so many drivers waiting at the airport staging lot that Lyft almost never surges. It pays to check both Uber and Lyft for the best fare.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have any of you tried the Fair Ride app? I believe it compares both Lyft and Uber prices and allows you to go right to the app with the best price. I have downloaded it but not used it yet. We don't have either here in the back of beyond.

7. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use it exclusively, you can use it right now since you can't call an uber from it, displays side by side pricing and pickup time estimates...You click on the one you want, it will launch the corresponding app (uber or lyft), enter all the details you entered into fair ride so all you have to do is press the call uber/lyft...More often than not, you'll find Lyft cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  8. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't yet tried Lyft, I dunno, just prefer Uber I guess. A few times (not in Vegas) where I've compared the two pricing, Uber always fit the situation better. I'll probably try Lyft one day, especially as I keep getting hit with crappy Uber rider ratings. The in-app tipping is seemingly making my rating worse. Drivers don't know who is providing the tips and I'm constantly getting rated a 4 even when I'm rating the drivers as 5.

9. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drivers do know which passengers tip in the app on Uber. Just like Lyft our ride history shows the trip with earnings and the tip amounts of each ride we do.

Here's a couple of examples of what we see when there is an in app tip on Uber.
    IMG_1822.PNG IMG_1823.PNG

10. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then the Vegas driver who told me he rates a 4 for no tip, 5 if the rider tips was spilling a different line of BS... cuz he rated me a 4 and I tipped. Oh well, it would be ironic if after a few years of using rideshare I ended up back taking taxis LOL.

11. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel the 1-5* rating system is BS. It should be a thumbs up or thumbs down (pass or fail). People get too nitpicking over small stuff and give an unfair rating over it.

I've been 1* for cleanliness because a passenger leaves trash in the back of my car. I get an immediate pick up at the same location as the drop off. Before I can check the back of my car the next passenger gets in and sees the trash left behind from the previous passenger and I get a low rating for cleanliness. Drivers get screwed over on the rating system worse than the passengers do.

12. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always tip, and it's always cash. Since there's NEVER a charge card tip listed on my account that should not affect may rating on Uber, correct?
    How do I find out how I'm rated? I don't mess around with the app cause I'm always afraid I'll end up accidently calling a ride. I never checked my account on a computer, would it be there?

13. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What rating a passenger gets is at the driver's discretion. It would be rare for a driver to give lower than a 5* rating to a passenger that tips but it is possible.

To see what your overall passenger rating is on Uber open the Uber app and you'll see three horizontal lines in the upper left corner. Click on those lines and it will open a menu. Your passenger rating will be displayed below your name.

This will be your overall rating from all drivers that have rated you. Uber doesn't display what each individual driver rates you. One way to possibly tell if a driver gave you a low rating is to check your rating after each trip to see if your overall rating goes down.

14. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you Cajun that the whole rating system is BS, but I don’t want my rider rating to get so low where it becomes tough for me to hail a ride. One Uber driver told me they don’t care about the rider’s rating yet when picking up a passenger, but said that may change one day

15. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, never noticed the horizontal lines before. All the fares I took right at my fingertips. Really cool. Rating 4.89 so that's good to know too.

Under payment it said I have a small credit. Do you know where it came from and how do I use it? Thanks.

16. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes Uber will give ride credits to get you to use them again, there could be various reasons why. The way it gets used it should automatically be applied to your fare on your next ride. Make sure there's no expiration date on it, if there is use it before.

17. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it, and again, thanks for the education you have given with all your posts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're Welcome!!!

I got 0.44 cents credit coming on my next ride with Uber....Yippee!!! More gambling money in my pocket. LOL!!!
    IMG_1832.PNG

19. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% agree with this to add on to the anxious part to start their vacation, we have to remember that there are some who have very long flights, head straight to a cab because you just want to get to your hotel room ASAP...I'm sure another part of it is if you're on the very south end of the strip, there isn't that big of a savings...Go downtown on the otherhand and unless there's a surge, you'll save a boatload using ride sharing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.