1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Latest On Boeing 737 Max

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by flyguyfl, Nov 28, 2019.

1. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boeing Faces New Obstacle in Returning 737 MAX Jets to Service

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/boeing-faces-new-obstacle-in-returning-737-max-jets-to-service-11574822775

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
  2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes you push too hard against the limitations placed on you and then have to go to time out. As a matter of safety being a priority I am honestly surprised as to the adjustments being made. Usually the norm is inconvenience and business fallout take precedence. Good for the FAA. Maybe.

NFL Wild Card--
    NY giants vs Cincinnati-- y not?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just scrap those planes. people aren't going to want to fly on them even if they say they are fixed.
    just my two centivos

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I am cool with the FAA taking more time and effort - - I also shudder at the impact of our well know backlog that just about anything the government is involved in it will cause. And, often various government "rules" complicate matters and all too often defy logic.

5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me and for others also I'm sure there will always be that nagging thought as soon as we enter those planes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. rallen

rallen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait for the to get the 737 Max back into service. They are holding off the HNL to LAS service until the Max problem is solved and they are put back into service.

But will I be flying on the 737 Max? Not likely, I just want them to get back into service so Hawaii air fares will go back down. I'm hoping that the air fare wars will bring about more decent prices for travel to vegas. But this is for the other airlines like Hawaiian Air. I'm looking at going to the CES in January but airfares around that time are outrageous, normally during slow times the prices are in the $500's and $600's but for the CES it's in the $1000's.

8. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The majority of passengers don’t have a clue on what type of aircraft they fly.

First trip for 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there will be some who avoid the MAX planes for awhile and maybe some forever, but the vast majority will be a little nervous at first and then these incidents—if they truly correct the issues, of course, will fade in their minds. That was what happened back when they had the rudder issues in the 90’s...

The Last One Turns 21!
    Will MLife Finally Drive Us Away? Sky Suites 2020 Trip
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I think the power of money will drive whether people will eventually fly the max. Set the airfare for the max at a low enough level and people will start to fly on the plane. People will assume that the FAA will make sure that there are no problems on the max. Whether that is true is questionable but some people have faith in the government (??). Yes, there will be apprehension to fly the max but after a few months of flying more people will fly on it.

11. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true.

NFL Wild Card--
  12. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a Max 8 flight for April. The price was half of other options the same day on the same airline not to mention this was the only direct flight option. It was less than other airline prices too. I have (hope) confidence that the government will have corrected the issues by April. My secret wish is if they still don’t have a resolution, then they substitute another plane while having locked in the lower price now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Probably a good move for other to make too.

14. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They released the MAX10 during all of this. You hardly heard a word about it. The MAX is not going away.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. FranklinT21

FranklinT21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spoke with a woman on a flight who said her husband was a flight engineer (not sure if it was with Boeing or someone else). She basically said all of the incidents were out of the US and the pilots in those countries that experienced the accidents aren't always as well trained or experienced as their US/Canadian/European counterparts. She also indicated the software changes weren't well publicized amongst pilots which lead to the accidents and issues and the FAA usually isn't terribly knowledgeable about these cutting edge technological issues. They are more reactionary than ahead of the curve. Thats all I know!

16. hedgehog

hedgehog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember the Titanic

17. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree and I'm in that group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or even country if given enough alcohol and the opportunity....o_O

NFL Wild Card--
  19. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas: