1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas Dining 101

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by tagac27, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tagac27

tagac27 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their breakfast map appears to omit Blueberry Hill, a very popular and obvious staple. I might say there's some bias here.

3. tagac27

tagac27 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you about Blueberry Hill. I was surprised it wasn't on this list.
    I love the Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant on Flamingo Road. The one on the right after you leave the Strip!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is that it isn't "foodie" enough for consideration. :( Lotsa self-appointed food critics overlook or ignore more basic eateries that prepare their dishes well, as opposed to so-called creativity.

I also noticed that Bob Taylors Ranch House (said to be the oldest continuously-operating restaurant in the LV area) is also conspicuously missing from their steak menu. This is a traditional family-operated traditional steak house and I suspect some bias against that genre. To their favor they did include Golden Steer.

5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Bob Taylor's Ranch House may be overrated due to its longevity.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most definitely not overrated, as I can attest from regular meals there, one in the recent past. The food puts most of the absentee-celebrity-chef places on the Strip to shame and the prices are very decent.

The menu is mostly classic American steakhouse fare, traditional preparation, and prepared very well. Very few "trendy" or wannabe-foodie items, if any.

The ambiance would probably disappoint many of the oh-so-hip crowd! The dining areas look just like the name implies, a converted ranch house. It's also out in the middle of nowhere, nowhere originally being a ranch on the edge of town, but now overlooking an expressway and in the middle of new-ish developments, at the very end of the road. LOL, the only "entertainment" is feral cats lurking about outside, begging for handouts. :)

In any case, anyone who claims to know the LV restaurant scene should have heard of this and should have included it. My guess is there are many others which were either overlooked or intentionally omitted.

They do little if any advertising. If an independent place stays open this long, they most definitely are doing something right!

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correction on my part. Bob Taylors Ranch House was indeed mentioned, not in steak houses, but in Iconic Meat Dishes. I stand corrected.

One other omission I noticed, in Italian. Battista's. I'll give them a pass on this one. I know many folks genuinely dislike that place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.