1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Largest bet of the season

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Joe12794, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe12794

Joe12794 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that had me nervous and I didn’t have faith in the D stopping the Bucs either. very happy I got the back door cover there

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck. I don't have the nerve to place my largest ever wager on a team that has been demonstrably bad, regardless of who the opponent is. I hope it works out for you

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Joe12794

Joe12794 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks UK. They're much better than they've looked IMO and almost any team will look bad when your playing with a bunch of practice squad guys on the OLine

• Like Like x 1
  4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have had their moments. They looked really good against the Jets. But the Jets are awful. The rest of their games, including those where the O line was healthy, they have not looked great. The fins, yeah they should have won, but they didn't play well. And the Fins have now been exposed as a bad team. The Saints, they again did not look good. But the Saints are wildly inconsistent team, so mabe they just caught them on a really good week. The Texans, they should have lost and it wasn't entirly because of a bad O line. The defense was really shaky that game. Finally, the Bucs. They had one strong stretch in the second half where they completed a ton of short and intemediate passes against the worst pass defense in the league. And they still lost (and would have been blown out if not for a couple drops by Tampa receivers).Overall, thy have played above average defense this year but far below average offense. Worse in terms of this matchup, the Pats are not built to come from behind. They only came from behind last week because of a lucky special teams play. But their typical gameplan is to run the ball, throw short passes, and play strong defense. If Dallas jumps out ahead, I;m not sure the Pats can recover.

I think their best gameplan is to rely on their defense and hope they win the turnover battle by 2. If they can keep it low scoring, they ave a decent chance. But if Dallas scores more than 20, the Pats are unlikely to win unless the are also getting defensive or special teams TD. But I do think its a sharp line. They could keep it close enough in a loss for your bet to win!

I Need Spa
  5. Joe12794

Joe12794 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the thoughts! I imagine the Pats will come out strong on offense in this game. McDaniels spoke earlier this week about scoring more in the first quarter. Another point of note is that the Cowboys have been giving up 390 yds/gm ranking 25th in the league and a sack rate of 4.15% ranking 30th in the league. On the other side of the ball, the Pats have given up 317 yds/game ranking 5th in the league and have a sack rate of 7.83% also ranking 5th in the league

Fingers crossed I'm on the right side in this one!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the Pats score early, you should be in good shape :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Joe. Truly, the Pats had no business being in this game. Turnovers and the usually bad Cowboys coaching kept it close. But I thought you safely had a winner when Dallas missed that 4thQ FG. But all the craziness that happened after that kinda sucks.

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Joe12794

Joe12794 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah can’t believe that one. Many missed opportunities on both sides. Pats had so many injuries pile up on D throughout the game which didn’t help. That blocked punt was brutal. I was praying they missed that 2pt conversion at the end. Ah oh well it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.