1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

KETO question

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by RC, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a right way and a wrong way to do keto. What you describe is called "Dirty" keto. Yes, the carb count is low, but the quality of the food is bad. Keto should include healthy portions of low carb vegetables. They provide the nutrients you don't get from meats and dairy. Supplementation may also be necessary for Sodium, Magnesium etc.

• Love Love x 1
  2. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I add in my fats with almonds, hard cheese, avocado or mtc oil. I take a CLA supplement. I also eat a fatty fish like Salmon a few days a week. Calories are still very crucial for weight loss. And overall you want a healthy diet. Fatty red meat is fine every once in a while. If I go out to eat I like to get a steak. That's okay. But for everyday you just can't eat fatty hamburger every meal and think that is healthy or stay within calories for weight loss. Fats can be obtained in a much healthier way than bacon & sausage.

There are also different ways to eat a keto diet. Look up strict keto vs. dirty keto. Some people count carbs and nothing else. They don't care about how healthy it is or if it provides any nutrition. Strict keto you watch all macros, ingredients, eat organic. Do both work for weight loss? Yes, if you stay in a calorie deficit. Are both a healthy way of eating. No!

• Like Like x 1
  3. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up down about 8 pounds in the first month and have learned a lot of things along the way that will help me going forward. My weight loss doesn't seem as much as most people, but the encouraging thing for me is how much will power I have developed to quit cold turkey so many food & drink items that I used to partake in. Also with my lowered carb level both my appetite & desire for the things that I've given up is mostly non existent.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.