1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

KA, Zumanity or Zarkana?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by polkarandy, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June 29, 2013

2. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So over a year later and they still have the hokey video wall playing. It wouldn't seem so bad if the rest the show wasn't so good, they really need to fix this.

3. kcentury

kcentury Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like even WITH the video, folks prefer KA to Zummanity? Looks like I have enough myvegas points for one more free show on the upcoming trip next month, and don't necessarily feel strongly for one over the other...

4. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say Zummanity, unless your prudish like some people :rolleyes2: KA did nothing for me, and Zarkanna was boring to me. I would also suggest "O" unless you have already seen this show.

5. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've never been to a Cirque show? Then don't choose any of these as they are lesser Cirque. Go for their best, The Beatles Love.

6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beatles was our least favourite of the big shows we saw on our recent trip and was the most expensive, It's spectacular for sure, the set is fantastic, music is great, seats are comfortable (so I'm told I'm in a wheelchair) and have speakers built in, there was always something interesting to look at but it didn't blow us away, it was a constantly great experience but the highs weren't quite as high as some of the other shows. I think it depends what you are looking for, if you are looking for awesome feats of human skill and to be blown away this isn't the best option, if you are looking for a wonderful show that is a feast for the senses it is. I do think though that for anyone who hasn't been to a Cirque show before it's a safe bet you'll love it.

Absinthe was my favourite show, it was very sexy and I was constantly blown away, the humor was hilarious though I'm sure some would be offended, There were so many truly awesome acts, I love the venue too in a circus tent and you are very close to the action (you will also be extremely close to the person sitting next to you by the way, they are very small and tightly packed fold up seats)

The other sexy show Zumanity was fantastic too, personally both my wife and I found this to be the hottest show we saw, it was sexy and sensual and very very funny, I prefered the humor at zumanity, it was very very naughty but less filthy than Absinthe, we found this sexier and hotter than Absinthe (alot of fully topless women, they wear pasties/tassels in absinthe) but while I prefered the humour and found it super hot I wasn't blown away like I was in absinthe. There were more awesome and breathtaking moments in Absinthe.

We enjoyed Zarkana alot, it also had many extremely impressive and breathtaking acts, it's not as consistently good as the Beatles but for me the highs were higher. The clowns though, not for me, I found them amusing at their best and boring at worst. We did love the show overall.

Le Reve was my wifes favourite show, a wonderful and constantly changing set, some very impressive things, a story you can actually follow, it was really great.

You can take non flash photos in Le Reve and Zarkana too if you wish.

We didn't see KA (were advised by the ticket desk in the Bellagio that Zarkana was more impressive, having read reviews since I'm not sure thats a popular view) and despite staying in the Bellagio didn't see O. We decided on Le Reve over O since the wheelchair seats were better and my wife could take photos).

It's going to come down to what you want more really and what you value.

7. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i loved ka when we saw it, but that was before the accident and subsequent video. i never saw zarkana, so i can't comment on that. zumanity was good for what it is, but it is just so different from ka and zarkana that it's hard to compare them. if you're leaning toward something like zumanity, i agree with previous posters that you should see absinthe. it is my favorite show of all the shows i've seen. it was raunchy and hilarious, really good entertainment. and the price was right (at least when we went a couple of years ago).

8. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shows, just like restaurants, are going to appeal differently to different people. The information you get is going to be what the majority likes. Any show that is performing for a while, is still being shown because there is a significant audience for that show. Some have more of an audience, and some have less. My advice is look at the synopsis of the show online, and if there seems to be a little bit of interest, go see it. I have seen many shows, some I like, and others not so much, but it doesn't always line up with the majority. But of course I go to Vegas a lot, so it's simple for me to say, "See any show," because if I don't like it, I can just see something else very soon on the next trip.

9. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KA and Zarkana over Zumanity. Zumanity is pretty entertaining but isn't up to par with KA or Zarkana. I paid for two front row love seats. My boyfriend and I sat in one while my 30yr old virgin best friend sat.. By himself. I don't think he's seen that many bewbies that up close before. Even up to this day.. Zumanity has been his favorite show ever. (Recently took him to his first strip club and lap dance this summer. Funniest thing I've ever witnessed my entire life). Let's just say he had to sit with his legs crossed the rest of the night. Haha.

10. RyanM8704

RyanM8704 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first show I had ever seen was Le Reve at Wynn and it was amazing. I seen KA last year right before the accident, but I wasn't as into it as I thought I would be. Just felt like a lot going on and the stunts didn't seem impressive.

11. Saaz

Saaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best thing about Ka was the stage and the final scene. Without that, I would rate it at the bottom of all Cirque shows. But thats that great thing about Cirque, something for everyone. I think all would agree that none of them are terrible, except maybe Believe. I've never seen a good review of that one.

12. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pick Zarkana, it's my second favourite Cirque show behind Mystere. KA was great, but the video board thing at the end was odd (I know why they do that, but still). But yeah, Zarkana had a couple of WOW moments that KA just didn't have. Though I will say KA is the only cirque show I've seen with an actual story, if that matters to you.

13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Ka' and Zarkana (before the rework). I would suggest Ka before Zarkana. However, I think Blue Man Group beats them both even though it's not a Cirque show.

Borgata Atlantic City - 2 nights comped
    (tentative) First HGS weekend
  14. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those 3 I vote for KA

15. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can not believe all of the recommendations for KA. It was too much theater and very boring. On the other hand, Zumanity was funny, sexy and at times made you squirm in your chair. I also rate The Beatles show very high.

16. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As thw OP of the question, I thought I should follow up...we saw KA and it was fantastic. Some one had made the suggestion to read about thr story before going to the show, and I would certainly agee with that advice. We had a great time in Vegas....of course...and are ready to go back!

17. trsopko

trsopko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the hi-jack, but saw a few were discussing Absinthe. When those who saw it say it was breathtaking, is it the same type of acts as you may see in a Cirque show? I've heard it is hilarious and a bit filthy, but not a lot of details about the types of acts in it.

18. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is more of a variety show. Acrobatics/stunts, comedy, emcee, crowd participation, etc. Very small venue. Doesn't compare in style to CDS. Personally, it's the best show I've seen, along with Jersey Boys. It's off color and raunchy. If you're easily offended or too conservative, it's not for you.

For the OP, I'd suggest Ka from the three you listed, but the final scene change probably affects my opinion since I saw it before the accident. Found Zarkana awfully boring and uninteresting. Zumanity was entertaining. Best with your significant other. But if you're wanting something risque or sexy, I'd suggest Absinthe over that.

Edit: Just realized the OP already went and saw Ka. Oops. Glad you enjoyed it!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This would be my suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.