1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just how hot do pyramid rooms get???

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by phantomfj, Jun 17, 2021.

1. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed in a Luxor pyramid room, thought I should do it at least once before she disappears off the landscape. I am booked for my 2nd Covid shot on Monday, and am thinking about a quick trip to Vegas in probably late August....how bad heat wise is the room likely to get then? I have heard anecdotally they can get get damn hot.....Are there any preferred room/sides in the pyramid to request which will not get the heat as bad? It would be a solo trip so I really don't care about the view.
    And yes, I know that most of you prefer the tower rooms, just wanna try the kitsch pyramid room at least once!;)

2. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer A gentleman and a scholar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only stayed in one once (pyramid king suite, the one with the giant soaking tub) and it was south facing (towards MB). It definitely got very humid, because of the tub, but it wasn't SUPER hot. I don't think it went below 73 or so, though.

If you're facing east or west, your room will be directly in the sun for half the day. So go north or south facing to avoid the direct sunlight. Or know when you plan to be in the room and care more about the heat. (West facing will mean it'll be hotter at night compared to east).

In reality, it's a crapshoot on if you get a good AC unit or not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in various Pyramid rooms and suites over the years and never had issues with the the AC keeping the room cool. My last stay was in a recently remodeled Premium King room during my Oct/Nov 2019 trip. The room was on a high floor and I could see Allegiant Stadium out the window. The only issue I have with some of those AC units is the noise from the fan, but I can usually live with that. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have also stayed in various Pyramid rooms over the years, and have never had an issue with the room being too hot. We just make sure to keep the curtains closed when the sun is out, and the A/C running, and it is just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with @rhinoman7 . I've stayed in pyramid rooms several times, even facing east in the summer, and the A/C keppt the room an "icy" 65 degrees.

Borgata Atlantic City - 2 nights comped
    Gap the months . . . $600 FP twice!!! Atlantis Reno
    • Like Like x 2
  6. rex2

rex2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How are the renovated rooms with the hand-me-downs from Bellagio? My friend was fascinated by the pyramid so I think there's a trip in store there. (And I do want to try the elevators.)

7. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed in an east facing pyramid room in 2015 in July.

I found it uncomfortably warm, not surface of the sun hot, but it never cooled down even at night. It was my one negative impression of staying there.

Granted, there were 5 (including 3 kids) of us in a 2 queen room, so I'm sure body heat didn't help our cause.

Vegasworm

A stop at the castle with the kids before beach bum time in San Diego!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I have a reservation at the Luxor I called today and asked how warm the Premium Pyramid Rooms could get. Her reply was, they were apt to get very warm because of the slanted windows. She advised to keep the drapes closed, and to request a high floor and northeast facing room. This is the same answer I got from another reservation clerk when I called a couple weeks ago, asking about the premium pyramid rooms, and I posted that answer in the thread Misc. Vegas Chat, I think. LOL Old age and memory do not go together. LOL

She also said to upgrade to a Tower room if possible, if you were concerned about the room being warm. Tower rooms do not have that slanted window.

She also said some rooms had better AC units than others, but that is about anywhere.

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very timely thread. I just accepted a host offer for August for the Luxor and planned on giving the pyramid king suite a try now that the rooms have been renovated, but given that it's in August and likely to be hotter than snot, I think maybe I'll rethink that decision. Thanks!

23 night winter working trip
  10. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a pyramid suite in May. I didn't stay there but did go check out the room. It was so freaking burning hot outside. The room was so cool I wanted to crawl inside the cold sheets and nap.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. VegasDragon

VegasDragon Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear that!

Yeah Vegas!
    Tower Suites!!!!!
  12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in one some time ago, west facing, and it was not hot at all. Normal room temperature.

However (comma) one of my cow-orkers who is an engineer is very concerned about the structural integrity of the pyramid building, particularly the sagging of the walkways on the upper floors. In light of what just happened in Florida, I would think very long and hard about staying there.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  13. vsop

vsop High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once stayed in a south facing pyramid room in Aug./Sept.?...the heat tested the ability of the ac system for sure...if possible, you might go for a north facing room...

14. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parts of it have sunk and/or are sinking.
    However the structures are very different. Luxor has a steel skeleton and pyramid structure.
    MB has also been sinking and had a lot of foundation work done.

Personally I wouldn't be too concerned, though I may now have to search out where these sagging floors are?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad I read this 8 days prior to checking in to one of the top floors of the pyramid :eek:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Played musical rooms
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer A gentleman and a scholar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey maybe that explains the weird cup-sliding event you experienced last time!

Since you're on the top floor, if there is a collapse we can dig you out quicker, at least. Or you can do some cool parkour down the side of the pyramid, like in Fear Factor Las Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just again talked to the guy who said this and here is a close-to-quote from this morning.

"Before you go starting something and posting anything on {social media} remember this was my quick impression and not an inspection or professional opinion, and I'm not even licensed in Nevada. General upkeep of the property was poor. Walkways had a list inward. I would not stay in that building again."

He appeared to be very much in CYA Mode. He did not even mention the Florida incident. (I also reminded him that I do not do F-Book.) :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be in a Tower Suite later this week.
    Anyone know if you need a pyramid room key to use the pyramid elevators?

19. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in the west tower last time, so the autonomous moving red bull is still a mystery!

Played musical rooms
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some yes, some no. And varies depending on day and time. Elevators in each of the 4 corners go to different varieties of floors. Usually requires a key to ride the high ones but not always.

Played musical rooms