1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

July 2019 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYLee291

BYLee291 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trip July 20-26 at The Linq for the BCA pool tournament at The Rio and the CET Quest for Rewards. If anyone is interested in learning some conservative craps play, feel free to contact me. I'd be interested in learning some of the table poker games, I only know how to play Pai Gow.

• Love Love x 1
  2. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July 5-7 @ The Cosmo. Heading out for UFC 239 at T-Mobile.

3. Depdawg227

Depdawg227 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July 20-26, first half Aria, second half downtown (MSS) which is subject to change. Divorcing Boyd after 25 years. We are looking for new home base.

4. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July 4-8th at Cosmo! Wasn’t sure I could get a room that weekend booking so late, but once again my host came through this morning. Flights were ridiculous though. Anyone else paying premium prices to fly out from East Coast that weekend? I ended up booking first because economy was going to cost me $1700 for two anyway.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to fight too. I’ve never been but my brother got a suite for it and invited us. He says I have to watch some John Jones guy fight. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July 13-20 at Aria....

7. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I booked in May too, just right inside the 70 day window. I had to accept a 4 hour layover to get $1155 round trip (all other combinations on those dates had gone to $1380+ when I booked). Main cabin fares were about $900 per person, and comfort plus over $1000. My first class ticket was only a couple hundred more than economy, and literally a few bucks cheaper than if I had booked comfort+ and paid to check one bag each way, just because first class on that specific route hadnt gone up yet that day but the other fare classes had. Highest economy prices I've ever seen, booked two of us on the same route for significantly less than that earlier this year. I'm going to try to pay the $75 same day change fee 24 hours out and catch the earlier flight out of Atlanta if there are any 1st class seats left, because changing that one leg at the time I booked was over $200 more. If I get it, I get it. If not, I wait 4 hours in Atlanta, which will suck. Both flights get me to Vegas well before check in times.

8. BYLee291

BYLee291 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights are a lot more expensive because of all the 737 Max's that are grounded, so there are just fewer flights. American has a large number of them and always had two morning and one evening direct flights from and to JFK. Right now, they're only flying a 4:00 pm direct flight to LVS and one 9:00 pm direct red eye back to JFK, everything else has a connection and some take 9-10 hours. The cost is also about $150 more for than I've paid in the past, and even for the end of July, the flights aren't sold out. Fortunately, I should be able to use miles for this.

9. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I ended up paying $2600 for two tickets. I figured I’d just cut into my gambling budget and fly first rather than pay just under $2000 for lousy economy seats plus pay for checked bags. American was even higher. I took the cheapest flights which was United. There’s no direct flights from where I live, so I stop in Chicago on way out and in DC on way home. I looked at Southwest and closest hub is about 2 hours from my house. It would have been $2000 to fly with them! Hahaha Ummm Not happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Hoofy7 - you should've (if you're feeling, well, like a gambler) waited until you got to the airport and upgraded there! I've always had luck flying United from the East Coast (the few times I have) getting an upgrade at the airport for wayyyyy less. /endrant

I'll be in town from the 4th - 6th! Leaving Saturday in the afternoon. So excited!

Another Timer, for Another Time
  11. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

ill be there early July 4th and leaving late on the 8th, ill be right across the street at Ballys...ill text you when im out there

12. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet! I was just thinking of you the other day because I hadn’t seen you post!

13. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done that a few times, but my husband is a big guy and economy is miserable for him. Plus we are getting at that age we justify first class to prevent blood clots! Hahaha Hopefully get to meet you!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m flying to Chicago first leg this time. What time do you arrive on the 4th? Usually we go to DC. There’s not any straight flights out of my area.

15. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you ran in to about the same thing as me with the economy prices being so ridiculous the first class upgrade was already cheap. I did get the last available first class ticket in my fare group, but by the time I added paying to check a bag, my first class ticket was only $190 more than an economy ticket plus one checked bag. For that, it was an easy choice. Then figure I will want some sort of food and 3-4 adult beverages each way, it gets pretty close to breaking even. Gotta have my mimosas if you want me to sit for 7 or 8 hours!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully get to meet you too! That would be fun!

I'll be coming from San Diego, arriving....around 11:30a I think? There's a meet n greet in another thread (hosted by Chuck I believe), that I'll be attending that night :)

Another Timer, for Another Time
  17. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the fare group where it has a letter in parentheses beside where it says economy or first class? I got (D) whatever that means?! Lol It actually made me ill to spend that much on flights, but figure after wards I’ll have plenty of points for a free economy seat somewhere. I plan on drinking a bit of my fare too! What airport do you fly out of?

18. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The California July 12-16 ($287)
    SunCoast July 16-21 ($514)
    Westgate July 21-26 ($250 Trooper nightly rate of $49.95/night all in)
    Brother's House in Summerlin July 26-27 (Comped)

I no longer gamble for comps, using up any Boyd free nights and scouring for deals like The Trooper Poker room rate. May play a little VP and definately live poker, but spend much of my time hanging with family and hitting up breweries (Hop Nuts, Tenaya Creek and others) or craft beer bars (Aces & Ales my favorite), also share beer purchased at Total Wine or Khoury's. Flying in on SWA points+ $5.60, $212.98 return flight

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That (D) is your booking class. I really meant price bucket or price tier, which is to say that as soon as I bought my ticket for $1155, the price for the same ticket went up to $1542, so I got the last one at that price. I'm flying out of Tallahassee, which is small and low on options. Most days it's only Delta and American, so you can choose the good one or the cheap one and it costs whatever they charge that day. We're about 200 miles from the closest real city in any direction, so they have a bit of a monopoly.

If you're curious, for all star alliance member airlines, the D booking class designator means published discounted business class fare I think (considered first class on most domestic flights). It means you get a smaller PQM bonus multiplier on United (200% in D class, 300% in full fare F or J classes). Everything else is the same.

20. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suncoast for the first time on 18th and 19th, then onto Paris for the 20-23. It’s the end of a trip that starts in LA, goes up the coast and heads across Tioga Pass. I’m really excited to see some new stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.