1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Johnny's Random Thoughts on Memorial Day Week Trip At Wynn

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jackpot Johnny, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hope you have a great time at Wynn.

Here are are a few suggestions: if you have a choice and can swing it, stay in the Tower Suites. If you stay in the Tower Suites, make breakfast reservations at Tableau-they take reservations, honor them, and you’ll avoid breakfast rushes and lines. Try the buffet at least once. Chef Malcom Alvarez is trying some new menus like crab boils and barbecues to go with the regular stuff. The food and service are good and we think it’s the best buffet, but opinions vary widely (like pizza and hotels, and airports). If you stay in the Tower your room key is a buffet line pass-otherwise ask for a line pass from the desk, a host or a red card desk. I love the buffet, but I don’t think I’d ever stand in a big line to eat there. I hate lines. Terrace Pointe is good for lunch-they have great burgers, sandwiches and old fashioned milkshakes. Your Tower room key is a line pass there too. Play blackjack earlier to get lower limits on 3/2-don’t play 6/5. Don’t go to Charlie’s during a major sporting event. Allegro has decent pizza but we walk over to Palazzo to Grimaldi’s. If the housekeeper’s don’t know you, pick up the phone to housekeeping when you’re going out and ask them to make up the room while you’re out, or at the pool, etc. if you keep a schedule they’ll learn it-if not they’ll clean your room when you’re gone. Housekeepers don’t have ESP. We always eat at Wazuzu at least once. Sinatra is the best Italian food in the city. Everything is good, but the veal parmigiana is near a religious experience.

There is a CVS diagonally across the street that has almost anything you might need or might have forgotten. The Fashion Show Mall is pretty much just another mall, but the food options are better. The Grand Lux across the street at Palazzo has great food, huge portions and reasonable prices for a hotel restaurant.

Renew your vows if you’ve not thought to. All the wedding chapels will do it. We were stunned by the positive emotional impact.

If you don’t rate a house car ask the concierge to order you an Omni limo from the airport-they get a better rate and they call ahead for a bellman if you want one. The rates are reasonable and this is your first visit-go for it. If you do rate a house car and get one of the new Rolls it will be the nicest fantasy ride of your life. Most people never get to do this in ‘real life.’

Read as many Wynn trip reports as you can. Ignore Trip Advisor-the people here at VMB know more and will give you more relevant stuff and good advice.

Encore ‘amenities’ are generally not available to Wynn guests, but Encore guests can use most at Wynn. You can make appointments and/or use either spa, but there’s a fee. I don’t care that I can’t use the Encore pool or workout area. Wynn has everything I’d ever want.

The Encore Spa is newer, much, much bigger and completely spectacular in design. It’s just beautiful. Roger Thomas outdid himself. The Wynn Spa is smaller and more cozy, like a city club or smaller country club-still very good, but you’d want to see Encore at least once. After that you’d probably not want to walk over there. Treatments on either side are excellent but very expensive. I keep to Wynn, but you should hang out for a while at Encore at least once. Great in the winter when the pool weather is cold.

I prefer the Wynn pool. There is shade until 11:30-noon (depending on time of year) at the back wall of the Tower Suites pool and it’s usually quiet. I go downstairs and swim laps in the long main Wynn pool and then come back upstairs. The European pool at Wynn is a hidden, kid free gem. Cabanas are excellent at either, but also very expensive, especially on holidays. Encore guests can use the Wynn pool. I think, but not vice versa.

Above all, have a good time. Did I mention the Tower Suites?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great feedback, thanks.

We have the Deluxe Panoramic View per the offer. Based on the floor plan it appear identical to the Wynn Tower King Suite.
    I doubt we will get any of the other "Tower" rooms like the Executive Suite without paying an upgrade fee.
    Did you recommend the Tower Suites purely due to their size? They are sharp rooms, but probably also pricey.

3. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend and prefer the Tower Suites because of the separate private entrance and registration, the included daily breakfast and coffee, enhanced in room amenities, twice a day turndown (night turndown,chocolates, etc.), admittance to the Tower Suites Pool, location in the resort, dedicated concierge desks, superbly trained and welcoming front desk attendants, your room key is a line pass to the buffet and Terrace Pointe, shorter hallways and as far from the clubs as I can be in the resort. Also, only the Tower has the bigger suites we like (Mrs Johnny likes the ridiculously ginormous Salon Suite-we like the separate bedroom and living, having a bar and refrigerator, having two bathrooms, having a generous eating area-we do not use the massage room except as a place to store our empty suitcases :))- so the resort tower is not an option for us. Book through the Wynn Insider at the always available 15% off or one of the many suite deals. But, nothing wrong with your room or staying in the regular resort tower. We think the Tower Suites earn the price difference, but we also think you'll find nothing wrong at all with the room and deal you've chosen.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.