1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's an angle, but should something be done?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by TRN, Jan 30, 2018.

1. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not an angle as well. It hard folding top two anyway but lesson learned.

2. 5betlight

5betlight Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a problem with it. call it gamesmen ship its def. not a good way to get new players to keep playing poker in the long run. But if player b was really that new/naïve he was probably going to call all bets with 2 pair especially for $80 left behind... if player A did the same jam without saying a word it would just be a "badbeat" to player B... instead he gets to blame someone else. so no rules broke, but not good for the game long term...IMHO

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Texas Rock

Texas Rock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are the types of hands that most poker rooms need MORE of. When I play, I like it to be entertaining, and a hand played out like this is certainly that. Kudos to the Old Man for taking advantage where he saw an opening. (The object of poker is to win the most money from your opponents, correct?).

If the Old man had said nothing, and simply check-raised whatever the noob bet, it would have been nothing other than one of hundreds of boring hands played out that night...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 18000rpm

18000rpm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, not an angle in the least. Just the usual leveling/deception. And not at all effective against all but the most naive players (seems like OMC knows his customer).

Vegas Trip 2018!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 18000rpm

18000rpm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And what do you suggest should be done?? Complain to the manager that the old man bluffed about his hand?

Vegas Trip 2018!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. 18000rpm

18000rpm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reminds me of an experience I had at the Wynn. On the river old man checks and I checked behind and declared "flush" (there were 4 of the same suit on the board). Usually what happens is he says that's good or if he can beat it he can turn over the winner. Keep in mind he's first to act and is the one who should show first. Old man throws a fit and accuses me of trying to angle him, called the floor etc. Called me a cheat by trying to get him to muck without showing my hand. I'm actually being friendly by declaring my hand first. Floor told him I was right of course.

Vegas Trip 2018!
  7. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar situation happen to me years ago. I had 2 hearts and there were 2 hearts and 2 spades on the table. This large, obnoxious know it all woman was in the hand with me. She had been trash talking everyone like she was God's gift to poker. She was loudly calling for a spade as the dealer dealt the river. When the river was another heart, she let out this big groan like she missed her flush. It was SO obvious. Having my flush, I make a large bet, she calls, and she ends up beating me because she has a larger flush by one card ( I want to say K to my Q but don't remember exactly).

She wins the hand and immediately starts gloating telling everybody about how she outsmarted me and tricked me into betting when she had a flush. I told her that her terrible acting had nothing to do with me making a bet, instead it was my Q high flush. She kept laughing and dismissing me, not understanding that I was betting my hand regardless of what she did. She was so proud of herself and wouldn't shut up about it. I don't know if she was trying to unnerve me, or she was just an all around D-bag, but I never let stuff like that get in my head. I just kept playing my game, and about a half an hour later when I beat her on 2 back to back big pots, she left the table with no chips, and with a huge shit eating grin I wished her "Good Night", she flipped me the finger with this real pissed off look on her face. It was hilarious.

TFK

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. danielamsterdam

danielamsterdam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Omg this is SO true. I love to play poker. When im heads up, I start blabbing big time. Im not exaturating; people will sometimes tell you exactly what they have before you have to make a descision. On my last trip i became even a bit more bold, and when I had to make a descision, i asked some players straight up 'what you got bud'? I remember 3 players just telling me either straight up or giving indications. It does help a lot to be a good friendly guy at the table.