1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Its always fun in Vegas - June 6-17

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Christina6001, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Reading everyone’s TRs legit made me excited about Vegas—again lol. As I was packing, I had that flutter of excitement that I’m always surprised to get when heading to Vegas. As often as I go, I would think I’d be tired of it, but nope. It still makes my heart skip a beat and butterflies in my tummy ;)

I thought about staying Wednesday night, but every place was sold out or too pricey so came in Thursday super early morning. I have one large suitcase and am quite proud of myself because I had to pack for this trip, then my trip to the mid west after, and then I’ll be back in Vegas after that trip. It was nice to spend 1.5 week at home. I think that is the longest span of time I have been home lol. Will have to go to a laundry mat each week or two lol

I left home at 2am to drive to Vegas. No traffic and not driving in the heat works for me.

Although I wasn’t super hungry, I decided to make a pit stop at Brothers Indian Restauant in Kingman since I had time. I meant to go here on another trip, but accidentally went to one of their other restaurant that wasn’t 24/7, but was delicious (I wrote about this in one of my other TRs).

So this place is a truck stop. I knew that going in and was super intrigued! It’s only a ten minute detour, if that. The fact that it’s 24/7 is super appealing to me. I really hope Vegas goes back to pre covid for 24/7 noms, but I don’t think that is happening. Anyways, I took a pix of the deserted parking lot. Eerie, but surprisingly, I felt totally safe and didn’t get any weird creepy feelings.

Walked in and you see a counter to order and booths and tables with chairs to sit. Connected to it is like a convenience store, which I later found out is the gas station store. Of course I walked around to see what they had cuz it’s a pretty big store. The bathroom is over on that side and was surprisingly clean.

No one was at the counter, but I could tell they were in the back working. A guy came out to greet me and gave me a menu. There is a big rotating fan here and I was super duper cold when standing on that side.

Ordered Karachi chicken, rice with peas and mango lassi. It was okay. I actually really liked the food at their sister restaurant and the waitress there had told me that one was the best food, and I have to agree. Still, having a very reasonably priced legit restaurant open 24/7 is hard to beat for late night/early morning hours.

When I came out, the sun was just starting to rise so that was pretty to see. The menu is attached, but I embedded the other pix in here as a compromise:)

IMG_5894.jpeg IMG_5895.jpeg IMG_5896.jpeg IMG_5897.jpeg IMG_5904.jpeg IMG_5906.jpeg IMG_5907.jpeg IMG_5908.jpeg IMG_5909.jpeg IMG_5910.jpeg IMG_5911.jpeg IMG_5912.jpeg IMG_5913.jpeg IMG_5914.jpeg IMG_5915.jpeg IMG_5916.jpeg IMG_5917.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 36
    • Love Love x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The drive to Vegas as the sun was rising was REALLY pretty. Thats the first time I’ve done that I think? It’s like a muted color painting or like you know when it rains and has that kinda dewy feel and look? Thats how it felt. Then the sun peaking over the mountains and the sunlight hitting the fields were both very pretty in very different ways. Then then sun rose and it was just bright lol. I didn’t take pix as I was driving, but trust me, it was beautiful and I would recommend this to anyone willing to be up this early.

Got to Vegas around 7am. Dropped off my luggage with bell peeps in driveway in car and then made my way to Cosmo.

• Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 6
  3. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My card didn’t work to get into Cosmo parking so I pulled a parking ticket. Started walking over to identity desk and, what the heck?! You know the slots that used to be in front of Clique and high limit slots? Those are all gone and replaced with tables now! What the heck?!?! I was literally here just a few weeks ago and that was not like this lol.

IMG_5921.jpeg

Get to identity desk and they don’t open until 8am. Doh. I did notice that their sign shows the official merger date into MM as July 30 so it looks like it’s really official this time. I’m still hoping there’s a delay cuz my platinum status doesn’t renew until September.

IMG_5922.jpeg

Hmm, what to go?

So in February, I had matched to platinum at MGM for three month. It expired on my last trip in end of May. I had meant to go ask if it was possible to renew until end of a June, which was the current promotion for matching, but forgot or ran out of time. Since I had time, I walked via Crystal Shops to Aria to see if they could match me again. Right now, I am gold so I’m not that pressed about platinum, but I think I earn points faster and can cut lines so I like that lol.

That new Jose Andres restaurant at crystal shops is coming along nicely. I was hoping it would open this weekend to coincide with all the foodie events, but I guess not.

IMG_5923.jpeg

Unfortunately, the players desk at Aria was closed. There was a sign to go to the cashier for reprint of cards. I went to cashier to ask about matching, but they said I had to go to players desk, which opened at 8am. Whomp whomp. I have to work at 8am so I was hoping to take care of these admin tasks before I started work. Oh well. I guess I’ll play some slots since I’m here.

wait, what is this new panda game?! So cute! It’s like kungfu panda. Even dances and moves like him lol

When you get the hat panda, he takes it off and flings it up and it increases the line. I think the other panda gave me multipliers? I don’t remember now, but I was pretty impressed with my bonus.

IMG_5925.jpeg IMG_5926.jpeg IMG_5927.jpeg IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5924.jpeg IMG_5925.jpeg IMG_5926.jpeg IMG_5927.jpeg

ugh. I wanted to include the buffalo pix as a separate to show my bad butt a load, but I’m having trouble deleting and posting that. The guys of writing and posting on my phone, which by the way, I do for ALL my posts so be impressed how well I type on my phone lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That has to be the creepiest looking panda ever!

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bleh to those desks not opening until 8am. Hope you got settled in ok!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After Aria, I went to Cosmo identity desk at 8am to get a new card. At 8am, there was one person in front of me. No one was working and the ropes weren’t there. I was like, uhhhh, I gotta work lol. Maybe 8:05, a worker came out and then others joined them. A lady came out and put the ropes out and asked if anyone was platinum so we could get helped first so that was nice.

Got my new card. Loaded half off buffet in case I wanted it. Asked to load the first freeplay offer and was told it starts tomorrow. Ooops. No worries, I can come back manana!

Called Sahra spa at Cosmo and booked a mani and pedi with the dude I like. Turns out he’s been on vacay so thats why I haven’t been able to book him lately!

Retrieved my laptop from car and headed to the spa to shower and then worked there while getting nails done:). I scheduled my manicure during a call lol. I had originally scheduled my pedicure for after work, but rescheduled it for the next day. But here’s a pix of my nails and the yummy mimosa he makes. He always gives me the larger glass and then a full to go cup lol. I love good customer service like that and my nails always look great with him. Highly recommend!

IMG_5999.jpeg

IMG_6002.jpeg IMG_6001.jpeg

Spa hallway entrance and the nail polish colors attached:)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 9
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a look again and can see why you say that lol. The panda is looking down at the screen because he throws coins down randomly lol

Its super cute when you’re watching him and playing:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun on all the trips!

GG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have an awesome time! Following along. If you see my Vegas mojo lying around somewhere, please send it to me. o_O:(:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LovablePenguin

LovablePenguin Crane Game Seeker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s the teeth for me :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio conservatory. Gotta say not as impressed as I was with the flowers and smell as last month. The water with balloon is cool, but thats about it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this panda went to the dentist!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip on Brothers. A 24-7 Indian restaurant! In Kingman! Because when you arrive in the original land of 24/7, Las Vegas, there's pretty much no decent places to eat on the strip overnight.

The almost-complete elimination of casual, sit-down 24/7 "coffee shop" type restaurants in Vegas resorts is actually a big reason I've soured on post-COVID Vegas. Having to run around to get a card and not being able to do players club things because the players club desk has limited hours is just another example.

And God forbid the players club desk is actually open and ready to conduct business on-time.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  15. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh I know they’ve been gone a while but I loved playing vp near Clique! Well I guess if they have pai gow I can still play there.

Have a great trip!!

I'm not paying!
    The Cal and Dead and Co.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He looks like he has false teeth!

Happy birthday to me!
    Again? Two months in a row?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love that nail color! Good luck!

Maroon 5!
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to stop in Kingman (not where you stopped) when we used to live in AZ and drove in. Usually just a random truck stop or a last pee break before powering through the rest of the drive.

Have a great trip and I'll be following along.

(Did you pack a snacklebox?? :haha::haha:)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you claimed official residency in Nevada yet, lol. Maybe there is a tax benefit compared to Zona! Have fun. I will be interested to see what else Cosmo has changed when i arrive tomorrow

Extended Family Meetup! Yay
    • Funny Funny x 7
  20. (Sad)LeafsFan

(Sad)LeafsFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea! A TR from @Christina6001
    Glad you decided to keep posting.
    I am enjoying getting caught up after a long work week:popcorn:

Win big and eat all the foods. And I 2nd @Vegas Erica on loving the nail colour.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2