1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It really does happen

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by 93 Octane, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saturday 3-11-17 the $70 nooner at Pearl River Resort Philadelphia, MS. Prize pool is around $2200.

Fourteen players left and blinds are 100/300/600. Everyone folds to me (sb) and I go all in for 5300 with garbage and of course bb instacalls with K 10. I get up to leave after losing hand but am tossed one grey chip back ($100) which is enough for the ante.

All in with J3 vs KJ vs A10...board comes 3-junk junk 3 junk so now I'm at $700.

Next hand all in again 96 OS with three callers. Board comes 9 junk junk 6 junk. So now roughly at 3500 and no way in hell I'm folding next hand cause im riding this heater out.

Next hand all in again with K5 with 2 callers and i forget what they have but i was definitely behind. Flop is junk junk junk K junk and I scoop this pot! Now I'm sitting on roughly 12k in three hands.

Fold next hand.. fold again.. now I'm in bb and have AK suited and get a raise from UTG +1 for 2k. I tank for a sec then push all in and get insta called by QQ. Flop comes junk junk junk A junk. Holy shit I doubled through again for around 27k and am now chip leader! In one orbit went from one grey chip to tourney leader ha.

We grind down to 5 players and chop it up for ~400 each as the 5pm $125 starts in a few minutes and a few players---myself included-- needed a bite to eat.

In summary I've played for 25 years and never have personally seen this occur only read about. However I can now tell you--without a shadow of a doubt-- you truly only need a chip and a chair:usa:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. I can not imagine the blood and adrenaline pumping through your system.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations!!! and +1 on what nostresshere said!

Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
  4. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice job, getting lucky once in a while is certainly part of the equation, sounds like you played solid and the luck fell into place at the right time

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  5. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing run

6. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...and you don't really need the chair!!

7. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good story, always nice to be lucky right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.