1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is Wynn 500 dollars nicer than Paris?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LVRaiders, Sep 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends if she prefers the resort or the rooms. If it’s the resort, give in to the wife and take the Wynn. If it’s the room, take that extra $500 and upgrade to a suite at Paris.

I prefer Paris location to Wynn and the upgrade would make up for the difference in opulence (atleast for me).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Paris. I split my July stay between Paris and Wynn. The rooms, service, and overall ambiance is nicer at Wynn. In fact, I had a couple moments of Imposter Syndrome where I thought that they would figure out I was a low-roller and ask me to leave for not being posh enough for the property. :)

However, the question is relative. What does $500 mean to the guy? How sure is he that is wife is coming? Will she be heartbroken if she doesn't stay at Wynn again, or does she want to try somewhere new? What are her standards?

And it sounds like there is a group of people going, who are all staying at Wynn. $500 is a lot of money to me, but I might pay it if it meant being close to where my friends are staying/playing, just for the convenience. That's why I moved from Paris to Wynn in July. :)

• Like Like x 7
  3. LVRaiders

LVRaiders VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    500 is a lot to him. He said its 30 percent chance she goes. It's a group of us (4) guys that are going, his wife would be the only one coming. He prefers CET and comped rooms, she prefers Wynn and Cosmo for the resort atmosphere.

Either way, glad it's not me lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If $500 is a lot, only a 30% chance the wife is coming, and he doesn't mind being far from the rest of the group, the answer for him seems pretty clear.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with Sonya on this if $500 is a lot to him. (It would be to us as well!)

Also as a female, while I love Cosmo and Aria (aka Wynn example) I'd never be comfortable with my husband paying $500 more just for me. (Unless he was eyeballing a non-resort on the strip that didn't seem safe.)

We prefer Aria Cosmo, but definitely liked Paris. If it was comped vs. $500? I'd pick Paris in a heartbeat. It is a lovely property.

I say Paris!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at the Paris this last April and we had a basic burgundy room and my husband and I thought it was really nice. Nice and bright, crown moulding, soft gray's and splashes of burgundy were the decor color. Two closets, desk, and, a nice bathroom, with a huge shower and rainfall shower head. Room came with a fridge as well, which is a big plus, at least for us. Kept our water and coke's cold.

We did not hear any noise at all from any night clubs and we did have a strip view. We also never heard anyone in the hallway's and the elevators had no wait at all, for the entire four days we were there.

Bed was comfortable, and the nightstands had nice lamps for reading and charging stations as well. The desk also had a charging station for devices. The easy chair in the room was comfortable and I think even came with a foot stool.

Personally, I would save the $500.00 and stay at Paris. $500.00 for me, is a lot of money, and I could use that for additional gambling, maybe a nicer dinner or a couple of shows.

It just depends, on what the OP wants to use his money for and what will make the wife happy. :)

However, and this is just my opinion, I cannot imagine anyone not liking the rooms at the Paris. They are well kept, clean, comfy beds, nice decor and great views.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the resort fees comped at Paris? If not, then it is only ~$400 savings, or $100 per night... and I would say that Wynn is worth $100 per night more than Paris

8. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could justify it just for the fact it's the Wynn compared to Paris unless money was tight.

• Like Like x 2
  9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would easily go with Paris.

Then again, there are people that are totally happy paying $1000 for a hotel room ad $500 dinners.

And others that would stay off strip and use the bus.

I have no idea where this person fits.

So, take may answer with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't do guy's trips or solo trips. Not my thing. But if I did guy's trips, I would think the last thing anyone would want was one single wife tagging long.

The potential for that throwing a monkey wrench into plans, or just having to exclude this guy from some plans because his wife wants them to do something else sounds like a potential headache.

The same thing would go for a girl's trip and one husband or bf tagging along.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I read this again - the hotel is going to be the least of his problems.

What happens when she wants to do one thing, and the boys want to do something else?

Staying up late?

The list goes on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she's partial to Wynn you should check out the Wynn slots app if you haven't already... you can play and redeem gems for free nights at the Wynn.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m not a fan of Wynn’s location. For me it would be Paris, as I’ve stayed there many times. But that’s just my opinion. $500 means more to some then others. Others the room quality is more important then location. There’s so many variables.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MrsBrews happiness is worth much more than $500.

(She is looking over my shoulder)

Plus hotel money and gambling money comes from different budgets and MrsBrews happiness is worth more than $500.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  15. julia

julia Craps, VP & Microbews

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book both and cancel the one that is, on the day before the cancel deadline, the least desirable. Easy!

Lunar New Year Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  16. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she’s never stayed at Paris, tell her you’re trying to stay at every hotel on the strip and this would be a good opportunity to check this off the list

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay at the signature, nice rooms and not as expensive

18. Headache 21

Headache 21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a straight budgetary issue, and only you can answer it.

Is the Wynn nicer than Paris? A thousand percent yes. That's not a debate. And yea, it's probably $500 over 4 days nicer. Probably more, actually.

But it's not as if Paris is bad. It's not the difference between staying at a nice hotel and a youth hostel. It's a nice hotel vs an incredible hotel. You're not going to go wrong either way.

So end of the day - will this $500 extra puts dent in your budget for gambling, dining and shows? Are you stretching yourself a little thin?

If yes? You should probably pick Paris.

No? Go with the Wynn.

Bonus round that also only you can answer - you know your wife. Is she going to be bummed if it's not the Wynn again, and will that impact her (and this your) enjoyment? Or is she a shrug it off, whatever kind of person who might prefer the Wynn but isn't all uppity about it?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. james_james383

james_james383 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be a man and tell her how it's going to be! Once the initial shock wears off and he is out of the dog house. Book at Wynn.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been fortunate enough to have stayed at Wynn twice on a company trip. It’s awesome. And I’m glad I got to experience that.

But I’ve also stayed at Paris six times. It’s easier to get in and out of, the new rooms are plenty nice, and it has the best views on the Strip (fight me). Is it the Wynn? No, it’s not, but it’s central to everywhere you want to be and $500 buys you a lot of fun in Vegas.

I was also fortunate enough to stay at Palazzo this spring (on the company again) and frankly I found it to be effectively as nice as Wynn in terms of actual use, and if it were my money I’d probably pick one of the V/P twins over Wynn.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.