1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is Southwest Early Bird Check-In Worth it?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by WIZARD, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my flight tomorrow from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, I sat at my computer at noon today to check in for my 12:10 pm flight and when the clock hit 12:10 pm I hit the submit button and got B-14. I was hoping for A-60 or better.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I don't have EB I'll set an appointment on my calendar to remind me. I'm usually within the minute and I usually seem to get either high A or low B.

3. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest, as do other airlines, has a policy that addresses "Passengers of Size". They have identified this issue as one that obviously is a real concern and they have addressed it as a company. Your comment regarding "..weight challenged" passengers borders on insensitivity and a displays a lack of compassion for persons whom airlines have chosen to support as valued customers. I am guilty of "surveying" those passengers who I must choose between to sit next to/or near on a flight. But, my decisions as to which seat to choose have not been made based on someone's size. I have my preferences, like not sitting very close to people with kids who are obviously either prone to kick the seatback in front of them or who are clearly having behavior issues before I even would sit near them. My suggestion regarding calling out people due to their size is to try to find a kinder way to describe them.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, how about this. She doesn't want to sit next to a fat person. My god how PC have we become. I thought I phrased it nicely in the original post.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who else would she not want to sit next to? It's not a PC thing, it's a common decency thing. I've always heard that if you can't say something to someone's face, you shouldn't say it behind their back. Would she say to that person "..I'm sorry, your weight problem bothers me so I won't sit next to you"? Of course not, she is a nice person as you said. She just would choose another seat. Kinder, gentler my man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.