1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is anyone going to go see Mariah Carey?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by UCLAGirl, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am planning to go see her. I should've went opening night where the odds were unlikely she'd cancel that show. (I mean, she couldn't cancel opening night, right?). I'll most likely try and get tickets for her last show in July when we're there. If the show goes on, great! If not, I guess more gambling time for me!

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fell off the Mariah bandwagon right after the Unplugged album. She just rubs me wrong. I hope she keeps it together just because I don't want her to tarnish the overall image of the residency program but there's no way she is getting a cent from me.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like she skipped the rehearsal for the Billboard Awards tonight... got the producers a bit nervous as to whether she'll perform or not?

4. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was supposed to go that night, we were so pissed! Fortunately, I was able to get tickets for the Saturday night show and it was very very good. No or minimal lip synching, to my ear.

5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard that the canceled shows was because she had bronchitis.

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen her a few times 12 years and 15 years ago. I might go to see her in the July trip. No show in the May trip. At least she will sing and not lip sync like Britney.

7. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw 2 people posting on TA, both said she was incredibly good.

8. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was pitchy last night on the Billboard Music Awards but got in a good whistle at the end.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Pitchy" is a good word to encapsulate her performance... it was not strong. I know she supposedly had bronchitis earlier in the week, but I have serious reservations now how long her show at Caesar's will last. I hope I'm wrong and am rooting' for her, but I don't think most folks want to hear her sing in the lower register. On the flip side, boy did Kelly Clarkson and the dark-haired girl from Little Big Town blow my speakers away in separate performances, as did some young blonde-haired girl with a guitar... standing all alone in front of 20,000 at the MGM and millions around the world (I sound like Michael Buffer). I need to find out who she is... you'll be hearing more from her... what a voice!

Edit: Her name is Tori Kelly. Mark it down... she's goin' places!

10. UCLAGirl

UCLAGirl High-Roller

She's returning February of 2016 for a month.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, I have seen and hears a lot of people in media and folks I know talking about seeing the show in Vegas but I just realized that there has been little feedback on the actual show. By contrast, when Diana Ross was in Vegas last, my Favebook feed blew up. It's curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.