1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is anyone going to EDC Vegas?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by neurojaguar, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neurojaguar

neurojaguar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi!!

I'm in real COUNTDOWN mode for EDC Vegas! I've never been before and I can't believe I'm actually going this year. I do other music festivals but going to one in my favorite city is AMAZING!

Anyone have any tips or just want to share in the excitement?

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might try searching for threads about last year. I know there were a few.

I am too old and crabby for festivals now, but back in the day.. good times.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there for it the year it started in 2011, but didn't go myself.

Palazzo was comical, with people wandering about in bikinis and illuminous bodypaint at all hours of the day :D

I usually get there as it finishes now, as I'm bit beyond that kind of partying, lol.

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
    • Like Like x 1
  4. neurojaguar

neurojaguar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your thoughts!! I'm excited to see the EDC-goers all over the strip, looking somewhat out of place :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a blast! Sorry there wasn't more info for you... now if you wanna know about the 4 p.m. early-bird, blue-plate specials or good travel laxatives, this is your spot!

Seriously though, stay hydrated! I know they make a big damn deal of that everywhere you turn during the Vegas summers, but it is a BIG deal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to EDC Vegas in 2013 and have not gone back since. Back then, the phone reception sucked (and probably still does), it was impossible to find your friends but overall, it was a fun experience (if you don't factor in the 100-110+ degree weather). Just be warned, it is a huge space compared to other festivals like Coachella. I am seriously considering going this year though--Sunday's lineup is stacked!

7. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were in town 2 years ago when EDC was happening and like others have said, the side show back on the strip can be pretty entertaining. We went out to the pool on Sat morning and there was some young girls dressed as cats, all painted up that were "having fun" with each other.:wink2: They clearly had been with Molly all night and after a bit fell asleep in lounge chairs. We left the pool after about 3 hours and they were sound asleep so my guess is they woke up with on helluva sun burn.

As others have said, hydration is no joke in Vegas during the summer so drink lots of water and frequently.

I'm not a young party animal:drunk: any more either so I'm very happy we're in town the week before....:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HuskerBB

HuskerBB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be there starting that Saturday - but just by coincidence not going to EDC. Will be looking for interesting outfits on people on the strip I guess. Curious is this likely to make the clubs more or less busy? We don't go to the clubs either - mostly just wondering how loud Chateau at Paris will be when we get to our room at Ballys :).

9. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in Vegas the past two year during EDC week but not for EDC. The clubs definitely get very busy!

10. neurojaguar

neurojaguar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as what I've heard, it makes the clubs much more busy -- many people come to Vegas on EDC to see artists in town individually at the clubs. I know a couple friends who are doing just that.

I can't wait!! It's so soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.