1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iPhone/iPad, how it keep cool

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by Farner, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Vegas in the summer, relaxing by the pool is my favorite, but I am also using this time to read. Both my Phone and Pad are getting so hot that it becomes unpleasant to hold them (wifi also shutting down). I am sitting in the shade, but can dunk them in cold water (iPhone 6 is not water proof).
    What do the locals (others, please chime in, too) to keep using the devices when it’s around 110?

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do have waterproof cases.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    shade

Keep them out of DIRECT SUN

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As nostresshere said. Shade.
    Just got back from Vegas on Tuesday and my friend had his iPhone X with him at Tao Day Club (I left mine in the room). And within' 15 minutes of being in the sun it had the "overheating" message. It was very messed up when we got back to the room. It wouldn't accept some commands on the touch screen.
    Keep it out of the sun. Throw it in between a stack towels. Leave it in the room and detox from technology.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I agree with @Laugh eveytime we are at the pool and just Incase if we don’t have shades then I usually wrap towel around it or keep it inside the bag. I make sure it doesn’t get direct sunlight on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My iPhone seems ok if I leave it in my bag under the sunbed.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea - they do not like sunlight. I was waiting for someone in the car at airport recently. Propped Ipad on dashboard to watch a document (actually about Vegas scams) and 20 minutes later it shut down from heat. It recovered, but will be real careful about that in the future.

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had this issue with my iPhone mounted to my handlebars when cycling. Direct sunlight, being in full surround pouch/case, and charging (it generates heat while charging) can all aggravate this issue.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  9. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the comments. It is always good to know when there is no good solution, other than the obvious one. I’ll have to invest on Sky Suites or MO so that I’ll get the printed newspaper. I will be back in August and try old school print reading in the sun. Have not done that in ages. Will report back how badly my fingers stain when my sweaty hot hands melt off the print:)

10. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a cheap e-ink ebook reader. They can take it and are easy to read in direct sunlight (if you get the kind with the white background).

11. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ibubba am in my I-phone listening to fats Waller on the i-pad and am also under an inexpensive umbrella. Mild breeze but no heating problem. And it is a tad warm this week.

7591463A-3C1A-43CE-9256-AEAA8923E727.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.