1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In n Out coming to the strip!!!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kingpasty, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip in March I tried the animal style burger for the first time. Was pretty good. I had well done fries with that so it was good. A few years ago I tried the regular burger with animal style fries and I was stuffed so after that I don't order animal style fries and order my fries well done.

BTW, they have peppers by the condiments so I usually add a few peppers to my well done fries and to my burger.

2. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is my In-n-Out story, which isn't really relevant to the topic behind this post...

I have been dying to try an In-n-Out burger forever, and last year when the wife and I did our California honeymoon road trip, I finally got a chance.
    we were driving from San Luis Obispo to Santa Monica, and we stopped at the In-N-Out in...Ventura I think. It was crowded as hell, which I guess is really like all the time, and we were starving.
    We ordered, paid with a $50 b/c that was the smallest bill I had at the time. The girl at the cash took the money and took off....for like 5 minutes. She finally comes back with whom I'm assuming was the manager and they both start throwing accusations at me. Apparently, the bill was counterfeit (according to them).
    So they BOTH start interrogating me in the middle of the crowded restaurant- "where did you get this bill?" and questions like that. And then they threatened to call the cops.
    WTF??
    I explained that I got all my American $$ from my bank at home. In Canada. They seemed genuinely confused by this. They also decided to keep the bill for themselves.
    Not willing to risk handing over any more of my cash, I told them that I'd like to pay with my credit card (we were starving by this point).
    I handed the manager my credit card to swipe (as to why American retailers don't have chip and pin technology is beyond me) and she claimed that she couldn't accept the card because she didn't recognize it.
    So I took it back from her and pointed at the crest on it and said something along the lines of "lady, this is a fucking MasterCard, it works the same regardless of where its from" and threw my Ontario drivers license and Canadian passport on the counter and told her to swipe the card and check my name.
    she swiped it and it worked and I finally got my food, cold at this point.

burger was still pretty good though.

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Banana peppers are usually in a tub right next to the ketchup dispensers. Shovel them onto your Animal fries. Or ask the counter-person to add them to your Double-Double.

4. pirviii

pirviii Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was an older $50 bill, they tend to not show as real when using the counterfeit pens as the paper back then was different. Not a In-N-Out problem only, glad you didn't let this ruin your burger. I prefer my fries to be cooked well and it makes them much better.

5. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's too funny and true about whatever kind of food we talk about. Whether pizza, steak or buffet's etc..."they've had better" "we don't know what "REAL" pizza taste like" but they do because they are from the "East Coast" which automatically gives them "Street Cred" and makes them an aficionado on pizza lol. Everybody has different taste and likes.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.