1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In n Out coming to the strip!!!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kingpasty, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Likewise, I stay at the Nugget, and it's too much aggro to hit the strip for a burger :D

If the place is scooter friendly now, I might pop over if I happen to be playing a poker tournament at the Bellagio.

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten both numerous times, I definitely prefer in n out. Five guys has more toppings available though, if that's important to you.

3. 34cents

34cents Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are good, I think 5 Guys may be a bigger weighted patty but not by much.

4. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the DC area where Five Guys originated from and have eaten there when they only had like five locations, all in the DC area.......now there are probably close to, if not, a thousand Five Guys across the country. Five Guys is good, but, as mentioned by others, has gotten kind of expensive by fast-food standards. Even a small burger, fries and drink is going to set you back at least $10 at Five Guys when all is said and done. When you can get a double double, fries, and drink at InO for around $7 including tax. No brainer, and maybe its just because I don't get InO except when I'm out West, but do think its a better product.

5. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have one literally two minutes from my house. We might eat there once a year. Actually, driving by it the place REEKS. If I want a burger I prefer to drive by In N Out and go a couple more minutes down the street to Carl's Jr. I'll take a frozen charbroiled burger any day over fresh cooked on a flat-top in a bunch of grease.

6. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thrilled to hear this as a former Californian who now lives in the Chicago area.

All we really have here are the lousy Steak and Shakes with their sub par food and terrible service.

7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have to tell me that? Now there will be one more New Year's resolution I will have to break :evillaugh:wink2:

8. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made my very 1st stop to in and out (off Tropicana) last October. I couldn't believe the line inside was 20/30 deep. Smallest menu I've ever seen. But it was good!

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have the onions.

10. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it's not worth the trip. I get that a lot of people like it - but the food does nothing for me. It's just another fast food place.

I think we're allowed to voice our opinion here, even if it doesn't match the majority.

Heck, if people enjoy something and it adds something to their life and doesn't hurt others - great. That's what it's all about. Just consider me one less person to stand behind in line.

For the record, I really like the Linq promenade. I was there last week because a buddy was in town. He asked where I wanted to meet and I asked him if he'd been to the Linq promenade yet. He hadn't, so that's where I arranged the meet up. My favorite place is probably the Yard House. They have an outstanding draft beer selection and the apps are excellent.

My guess is In-N-Out will do well and add some variety to the promenade - particularly for those who want something fast and don't want to spend a lot of money. It all adds to CET's bottom line, which raises the tide for all of us.

Bill

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  11. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Having an In n Out in my town, is OK. I do enjoy the burger for the price but I can't understand why people like the frys.
    They are very short and not crispy. Yes you can order them in the oil longer, but they turn out too done. McDs is much better.

12. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to rain on the parade, but isn't vitalvegas the blog that said Mirage is going to be sold to another company?

No search results in google news either. I'll believe it when I see it.

13. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Other than both are better than your typical McDonald's, Burger King, etc, they really aren't all that much alike. I like both, but prefer In & Out. Five Guys burgers are usually dripping with grease, which is my main negative with them..
    Whataburger is also good, but again, not exactly like In & Out.

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The blogger at Vitalvegas used to run CET's blog, which was top notch. I going to assume the guy still has an inside track over there. As for Mirage, we since have learned there was at least one solid offer for it and MGM never said anything that makes me think they didn't consider letting it go.

15. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree. Animal style is a huge taste improvement in the I n O burger. The downside of I n O is that their french fries are not so good when compared with just about every other fast food joint. I once tried the fries animal style (from their so-called "secret menu") and I thought they were awful.

16. whiskeyandslots

whiskeyandslots High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at In N Out Burger when we were in Vegas. It was the first time eating there for either of us. Neither of us were impressed. I honestly think McDonald's is better...although Cookout here in NC beats both like crazy. Did we just have a bad visit (it happens?) or what? The fries had zero salt on them and tasted like they were cooked in old grease or something...they were crunchy, but not in the good way. The burgers were so-so but probably not as good as a 1/4 pounder from McDonald's. This is from someone who really doesn't eat fast food too often.

17. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must admit I do like In,n,out, I used to make a point of visiting every trip, now I often drop in before going to the airport on my way home if I have a rental to return. Definatly a cut above McD/ BK etc, I like being able to get grilled onions.

18. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Five Guys has been in my town for a few years. It's hard to beat their fries. Burgers are 7 out of 10 for me. Been to Shake Shack in NYC at Grand Central Station. Burgers were very good but not outstanding...8 out of 10 with fries not as good as 5 Guys.

Sorry, but when I'm in Vegas, I'm not looking for fast food. Plenty of people find fast food more to their budgets and convenience while in Vegas, and that serves their needs. There are way too many "burger" oriented venues that serve non-fast food burgers where one has a dining experience. My favorite is Le Burger Brasserie in the connector between Bally's and Paris. Burgers are like pizza, it's all personal preference in the end.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  19. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

If you stay at the Nugget save yourself a trip and head to Binion's for a burger. It's great and $4.95 with potato salad. They grind the beef fresh everyday according to the signs and it tastes like it.

20. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great news, so it'll make my schedule in Vegas like: Breakfast-Lunch: In n Out 2x2 or maybe 3x3, Dinner: Hot Pastrami at Canter's. Makes decisions easier, now need to find a hotel close by :)

By the way, to the above comments, In n Out is the best of all fast food burger joints. And this includes Shake Shack. I haven't tried the Vegas location, but I tried Shake Shack abroad and I didn't like it at all. Also, it is double the price of In n Out. However, sit down restaurants, and/or steakhouses can definitely prepare you a much better quality burger. Still though, it's very hard to beat In n Out quality at that price.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.