1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I'm SO bored!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Mar 24, 2020.

1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My life went from being so hectic to a halt!

I am "working from home" but the very large client I work with has a stop work order. So the work is limited, although I am still getting paid and I am VERY grateful for that.
    Kids' baseball season (I'm the head coach) is off til May 1.
    Kids' soccer season (I'm the assistant coach) is off til May 1.
    One kids Karate - off for a while.
    All gyms are closed, and I do that 6 times a week with scheduled group fitness classes.

My Vegas trip is for May 27th, and I am really hoping it happens!

May 27th - May 31st
    July 25th - July 29th
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hang in there..........I know where your coming from......you are not alone

Suite bound
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try this. I did it yesterday.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one large cancelled project and a few on hold, but fortunately there's more than enough to keep busy, for now.

Internet has been slow for remoting-in on the desktop, and I'm sure that it's just a capacity/demand problem. My VOIP home-office desk phone breaks up in the early afternoon, so I've been using the cell more and more.

5. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is still going in, essential service and all that. My work has long been dull dull dull dull CRAZY, so that hasn't changed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can normally work 70 hours per week and my phone will be blowing up from 7:00am until 1:00am some days. Especially with a lot of projects going on. I used to find myself swearing at my phone frequently. Now I can take care of what I need to in about 6 hours per day and I am finding myself wishing for those crazy busy days. I am so grateful to have a job as those around me are getting laid off and others are outright losing their jobs so I won't complain one single bit. My daughter is now home from college and my wife will be laid off by weeks end. Only a matter of time before we all go batshit in this house. Everyone hang in there; we are all in this together.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe not as fun but I'm doing things at home in terms of organizing stuff that I should have done years ago, like unpacking boxes from two moves ago . . . I also picked up a book for the first time in a while this last weekend.

I haven't been using my gym/the local Y in many months and for that reason I was thinking earlier this year about cancelling my membership and figuring out an at-home exercise routine.

That's what I'm focusing on now. There's a bunch of stuff online now about how to stay fit, even if you live in a tiny apartment like mine with no major exercise equipment.

None of this is as fun as going to Vegas or a neat sporting event, but whenever that light at the end of the tunnel comes -- and it will come -- I'll be in a much better position in terms of being organized at home and more fit as I head out into the new normal. That's the hope at least.

Though not fun, I have been helping some former colleagues who are still in government. That has brought me a lot of personal satisfaction and reduced stress as I feel like I am doing SOMETHING to help this situation in addition to acting responsibly per the CDC.

It's all individual choices but I took a fraction of what I WOULD have spent in Vegas in a few weeks and now some food banks have more resources to work with. Not fun in the traditional sense but I feel so much better. When a process is set up I'll be giving blood.

For the sports fanatics, maybe check out online some sports flicks, e.g. Brian's Song, Raging Bull, or old football games, boxing matches, etc. etc. that are historic that you haven't seen in a while.

Lastly, this is NOT meant to be preachy, I mean it, as I sometimes feel as you do. But I'll take being bored over losing a job, being sick or a loved one being sick, any day.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remind myself that many people are taking their last breath right now.....a little boredom pales by comparison. How lucky we are to live in a time where we have the technology to stay connected.

Watched Garth and Tricia's live online concert last night and then got a Facebook memory this morning that four years ago I was seeing him live. My seats last night were great lol

Kelly Clarkson and Keith Urban Concerts
    • Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  9. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Context. Thank you.

10. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a Steve McQueen marathon on Turner Classic Movies. Great Escape just finished and The Cincinnati Kid is .just starting

• Like Like x 2
  11. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live alone, so YES I am bored. I retired two and a half weeks ago (bad timing??? or good timing???....I don't know). So, I've got lots of time to clean out stuff, purge, etc. I had planned on having a little 'fun' during retirement, but that part is not going so well.

On the bright side, it was finally nice enough out yesterday (like in the 30's) to go for a walk yesterday. Today...not so much, cloudy and drizzly. I am not much of a TV watcher so there's that.

Spending my time doing lots of social media. So, keep up the post folks, you are saving my sanity. :poke:

• Like Like x 3
  12. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be preparing your team's parents for the fact those season are going to get cancelled. I've been trying to slowly get the parents from my son's team that I coach to accept that reality.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'm in the camp that says anything that isn't dying from this is a privilege right now.

I'm keeping busy enough with work and home and trying to do that self-care stuff I've been hearing about. Dan is swamped. With everyone but tellers switching to WFH, he's got a lot of people to get set up at home and maintaining their systems so everyone can work. That's on top of his usual workload.

There is a lot you could be doing. Are you young and healthy? Have you called around to see if there is somewhere locally you can volunteer, like a food bank or soup kitchen? Or maybe call around your neighborhood. Many different types of people could really use someone to go to the store for them. Do you have contacts in construction, tattoo parlors or nail salons? Can you collect N95 masks and take them to a local drop off for your local hospitals? Can you help a neighbor by doing some yardwork or making a needed home repair?

Or just reach out to some people who don't have it so easy and ask if there's anything you can do to help take a load off of them.

If you can't do any of that, Google is your friend!

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/story/virtual-volunteering-ways-volunteer-home-time-coronavirus-69741410

This is our local United Way, but I'm sure there is one near you - https://www.uwkc.org/volunteer/

Our local .gov has one too - http://www.seattle.gov/services-and-information/volunteering-and-participating

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. mercr350

mercr350 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being bored is better than getting sick. Let's all hunker down and be safe.

• Agree Agree x 9
  15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm bored too, just like many people. I too live alone and am now working at home - but I'm also extremely grateful that I can still work. I work for a wholesale nursery and we are agriculture so we are, at least for now, considered essential. So, get out there and do some gardening!!!

Sister Trip - New Dates
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guilty pleasures of The Voice & American Idol keeping me entertained :p

Back to Nomad for a longer stay
    Week in Paris
    • Like Like x 3
  17. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is week 2 of working from home for me. I'm very grateful that I am able to work from home and get paid. But with everyone else home I'm just not busy enough. I have many a half a day of work to do. My house is clean, laundry done, everything organized. So now what. Indiana just went on a 2 week stay at home order as of midnight tonight. What sucks the most is we opened our camper last weekend and now we can't go use it. Still holding on to hope that we will be able to go on our June Vegas trip.

18. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is still seeing kiddos (she's a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner) at the clinic where she works. The numbers slowed down a bit there, but it has picked back up again. I work from home anyway, so there was no shutdown of work for the virus but things may slow down at some point.

I don't venture out as much as before...pretty much errands and groceries are it and I have spread the grocery visits out since we got Blue Apron and I was able to stock up a bit at a time over the past two weeks because I mostly needed things that were in god supply. The only things we don't have a good supply of is hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes. I do get a few extra things when I am out in case we need to lock down more securely, but we are good as long as the power stays on and the freezer is working!

In my spare time, I am planning trips that may not take place...adjusting and readjusting. If either our April (unlikely) or May (possible) trip to the Keys is a "GO" we may drive instead of fly.

Plus I spend a few minutes a day blowing all the darn June bugs off the porch and deck! Just got a new blower for the job.

Will MLife Finally Drive Us Away? Sky Suites 2020 Trip
  19. RichL58

RichL58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, it could be worst, my wife want's me to paint our bedroom and the walk in closet. Along with ripping out the carpet and laying down hardwood floor.
    I started with the painting today, the floor will be delivered tomorrow... Damn, I don't go back to work till 4/7.
    Really need warmer weather in the Chicago land area, otherwise she may have more things for me to do!!!

Watch out world with this $hit is over!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya.
    I got a work order from my DW yesterday to put down some laminate flooring at the living room entrance. I've got the flooring but still missing some molding and other stuff. I just don't want to go to Home Depot and I consider it non-essential per the governor's order so I lost the work order. It fell under a 6 pack of IPA and the ink was blurred. She can file a grievance and most likely will.

• Funny Funny x 3