1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I'm Alive!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by PHVHost, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you friday my man! Sinatra is calling our name!!

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go superbowl weekend!

Thnx, that is a big bet for me on sunday and i love the play. Thnx again for getting me into the pool hun.

3. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hunter,

I have a quick question for you-I have a comped room at Ceasar's Palace booked with my tr account as the "lead" combined with my gf's. alone I would not have been comped-

my question is this-is both our play actually looked at to affect future offers?

at the extreme if I no play and only she plays,will my rating suffer greatly?

4. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there for a week in January. It I think I can swing a SB weekend trip. It'll be fun to watch my Bolts from Vegas.

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have the Big Ben / Brown combo. Huge touchdown for us and everyone who took the Steelers to cover (7.5)

After Mariota's day today, you may have to sneak him into your lineup over Teddy (I'm obviously a massive Titans fan)

6. Claire

Claire Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marcus Mariota icould be the dark horse this year

7. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although you used both of your accounts to book a comp room, that is separate from your offers. They are looking at your average daily play combined between the two of you to make a comp room determination. Offers, however, are only based on your average daily play. That is why when you book with another person in the same room/suite, you can each have your own offer booked under the same reservation as a share with. I did that for two of the guys coming out for the dice visit. They are sharing a suite, but both in on free play offers.

8. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I needed a more stable QB on my roster, so dropped my backup TE and grabbed Flacco when one of the guys in my league dropped him into waivers.

9. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That may be the only time I've ever heard of someone dropping Flacco to waivers. That's crazyness

10. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the reply

11. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you survived the Big VMB craps party!

12. AbeFrohman

AbeFrohman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Hunter,
    My wife plays mostly video poker. In the last couple of years CET has added the $25 per TC sign on a lot of these machines. She doesn't care, she just plays what she likes. Does this mean the theo is less? We have noticed that her offers are not as good as before. She mostly plays 9/6 Jacks or Better but does not play perfectly. With perfect play the house edge is like 0.5% but she probably plays at -2% especially after a few white wines :)

13. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Hunter, just want to say thanks for taking the time to answer questions on this site.

Wife and I hope to meet you soon.

Cheers

14. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanted to say it was good meeting you in person finally, and for taking care of all of us degenerates at the meet.

And, thanks for answering all of the questions on here.

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume the theo is thinner on the $25 per TC machines. **Hunter feel free to stop reading here.**

But if she plays 9/6 JoB at -2%, then you really need to drag her to the room. Jacks is the easiest VP game and I can play Jacks well blitzed off my ass and any practiced VP player should be able to do the same. I've been drinking for the last 8 hours and I'm toasty. Here I just played for 16 minutes in "flash card" mode (draws not made). 348 hands...2 errors (one was a penalty error for sure)...the errors were expected to cost me 0.02 credits total. At the $5/credit level, that's a dime. However, losing 1.54% extra in errors like you're suggesting over 348 hands would cost $134. Now I will admit, I made some corrections before the submit button, and probably got fortunate to not make a "major error", but losing less than 0.5% return in error on Jacks isn't too hard.

[​IMG]

16. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are not staying at a CET property would you trigger a days gambling and negatively effect your ADT if you use a Total Rewards credit card to pay for something at a CET property?

17. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Hunter, So I have been asked this a lot. It isn't for me to answer but I have a good educated guess.. So, want to hear it from you. ready? Ok. How do host get laid? I mean paid? Not you of course or anyone from CET but can you tell us what you have heard? What is out there without naming names. Wink wink.. Is it off a loss? Is it off theo? Is it off both? Do they have a salary along with the former? Salary only? Spiffs and bonuses? Bonus at the end of year? You tell us! Im sure you who are in the business has a great answer for your VMB brothers and sisters? Hypothetical ish of course.. We know there are different pay plans for different host even at the same property but in general?
    Some of us were thinking of changing careers. Oh, not me so you still can get that Porsche from me! LOL

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  18. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Hunter, any idea when the Superbowl invites will be sent out? I can't remember when I got it last year but was a great time. Will book airfare soon if I can assume I'll get an offer again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.