Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Casino Hotels' started by Sonya, Jun 26, 2020.
I got an email for Metropolis 5X jul15-aug15 also.
I was at Harrah's Joliet Sunday night and Monday morning. Some observations:
- Only one of the table game pits was open, only one craps table. Pretty much all the games were full at all times I was there, with a waiting list. They would call names over the PA when seats became available. The craps table, in particular, had a large crowd waiting around to play, and it was a $25 game Sunday night. Very disappointing there was only one table running.
- Machines are typically every other machine running or shut off. So a bank of 3 would have 2 turned on, and a bank of 5 would have 3 turned on.
- I'm sure it was just dumb luck, but the video poker machines were ice cold for me, unfortunately.
- On the hotel side, they are no longer providing coffee, the sugar/creamer packages, or hand lotion in the rooms. These may have been available upon special request, but they were no longer in the room by default. Only one of the two elevators was operational, which was causing some delays at check-out time.
- As expected, the buffet and the Laurel lounge are both closed, so the Cross Street Grill is the only food option other than the limited days/hours the Reserve restaurant is open. The menu at Cross Street Grill has changed from my prior visit, fewer hot sandwich options now. I can't quite remember if it was pulled pork or corned beef I had last trip that was really good, but it's not on the menu anymore.
Visited Jumer's Casino Rock Island Sunday night. Arrived at about 2230 (our preferred time, less busy). Have to show ID at entrance (I'm 66, so not for age, apparently), wear masks, and got our temperature taken before entry. About half the slot machines in service, didn't see any table games open, but may just not have noticed. Soft drink and coffee stations closed. Waitresses going around for drink service. Very sparse crowd, least we have ever seen in there.
Didn't come out ahead, but got some play. Jumers's is usually our favorite local, due to no smoking in Illinois, but for now we will stick to Iowa casinos. Drink stations open, just more customer friendly for now. Isle of Capri Bettendorf is our favorite at this time.
I was there sometime in early July and they were only running 1 elevator then too
Harrah’s Joliet was depressing tonight. Dealer didn’t want to be there and made me not want to be there either. So I went home
I received this from my host at Harrahs Joliet this morning. I don't know if this will also occur at any of the other Chicago-area casinos in Illinois.
@mjames1229 No mention of a mask policy. I suppose if you have to have a gambling fix, maybe? It wouldn't be for me.
Masks in Illinois have been SOP since they re-opened.
The E-mail I posted is imposing stricter policies than had been in effect. I had eaten at the Reserve Steakhouse twice since it had reopened. I also believe gambling was on their regular schedule (either 22 hours a day or 24... I don't know if that had changed or not). They had full drink service, too.
Everything in that E-mail makes the rules tighter than they had been.
Wow. The Reserve Steakhouse was the one amenity I really liked at Harrah's Joliet.
Separate names with a comma.