1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Identity Website issue?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bubbalv, Aug 21, 2019.

1. bubbalv

bubbalv Tourist

I have been looking at booking my offer through the Cosmo Identity website and for the last week or so, when I try to book myself, I get an error, "Sorry, we couldn't reserve that offer for you. Call us for more info." I have never ran into this before.

I kinda like to see what rooms I have available as comp before I reach out to my host :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bubbles1234

bubbles1234 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I each get the same error message with our accounts. I called the listed number and they had no clue what I was talking about.

3. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got that same error when I tried it in early July.

4. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always call them because their customer service is excellent and they’re usually very accommodating. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to book an offer online.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Astribling

Astribling VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always had to call with comp offers. It would be nice to just book it online!

Fall Getaway, Cosmo - Subject to change upon better offers
    Fall Getaway - Solo trip
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Vegasbang69

Vegasbang69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here....before I was able to book online and view the rooms available.

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been getting the same error too. I was worried maybe it meant my comp offers were yanked, so I called. They confirmed, nope, they are absolutely valid. Something is just wrong with the site.

(And like you, I do have a host I like, I just don't want to pull the host in until I know I'm ready to book)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    First time in Tahoe!!!
    Mother-Daughter trip-Tower Suite (roll away for me!)
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was probably several months ago, maybe closer to a year, I clicked on the link to book an offer and it took me to the calendar and booking engine and it looked like everything would have worked. Like @bubbalv I wanted to see what room type I could get.

Last few times recently, I got the error. I thought it was probably because I have a host and they wanted me to book through her. But seeing so many people say they're getting it makes me think it has to do with how they're scheduling offers for different groups of players. I saw a screenshot of a player who's getting offers that each cover a month at a time, and he has 3 showing.

One of his offers that covers a single month has the same name as my offer that covers July to mid-December. So that may be screwing up their ability to handle booking online.

9. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip booked for September for comp nights, FP and FB but now my only offers are for discounted rooms....is this because I have an offer booked already? I had some activity on my account for when I wasn't there and thought maybe it screwed up my offers. They are always the same give or take $50 on FP.

10. MacAttack

MacAttack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just logged in and got an error too. Logged out. Logged back in and my Resort Credit has disappeared (it was roughly $35). My offers are still there.... Does resort credit expire after 6 months?

11. Astribling

Astribling VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have an offer for September booked for 2 comp nights. Since I booked that I have not been getting the monthly emails that show any offers for the upcoming months. I'm wondering if you don't get any more comps until after you complete the booked comp stay?

Fall Getaway, Cosmo - Subject to change upon better offers
    Fall Getaway - Solo trip
  12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only get a single email when a new offer comes out. I do usually get a new offer within 2 weeks of a stay.

I did get an offer in the spring while I had a reservation booked for July, but that booking itself was not under an offer, it was a host-assisted-book-now-we'll-add-the-code-later booking. That spring offer did not cover my July dates - I had to wait until it expired and then I got another new one a couple of days after that. And that one expired one day after my already-booked stay. Could be a coincidence, but it smells a little fishy to me.

Since they put their new system into effect, I have not gotten a new offer when I already had an offer stay booked. But that's not proof that it's the same for everybody else.

I get the feeling they've gone a little overboard with the algos. I don't dig the unpredictability.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Vegasbang69

Vegasbang69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just logged in and my resort credit is also gone....probably a glitch

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys, just a heads up I confirmed with Cosmo they ARE working on this. So don't panic if things look wonky. If you don't like what you are seeing, or it looks weird, call in.

They ARE working on it and confirmed they have their IT team working on it, so definitely call in before you throw in the towel---it's just a site glitch :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    First time in Tahoe!!!
    Mother-Daughter trip-Tower Suite (roll away for me!)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeh I just logged in myself and it says my sterling level is only uptil today, when it should be mid Oct. I presume that this is also part of the ongoing website issues....i hope!

27 days in Paradise <3
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's just bad design. It always shows today's date, no matter when you log in. It shouldn't be next to your current tier level, it should be next to your Identity Points balance, or it really shouldn't be there at all, it doesn't really serve any purpose anywhere.

upload_2019-8-23_8-18-19.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't fin
    Mine said August 22nd yesterday and today it says August 23rd so I imagine tomorrow will say August 25th lol. I still can't find where it shows tier points

18. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be on the main page once you log in. On computer, it shows up on main page without any other interaction. On mobile phone browser, you may have to select the down arrow next to your name/identity number.

19. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I see the identity points but not tier points.

20. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked today and it isn't showing the points to next tier... it didn't seem like it was working like it did before.

Also my recent activity [though it was last November] was gone....

Wanker Strikes Back
    • Like Like x 1