1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iBotta App Questions

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jgates8, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not looking for referral codes so please don't swarm me with those. I am just looking for info on whether or not this is a time-consuming app to use for extra vacation money or if it is simple & easy.

Even reading their 'how it works' doesn't seem to clear up a lot for me.
    Before you go shopping, unlock cash rewards on great products by completing simple tasks.
    ??? As in.....survey? simple questions?

Do you pretty much have to set up everything before you go in order to receive your 'rebates'? Is it pretty quick & easy?

I do the WM Savings catcher which is easy as can be, but that is the only 'phone' based one I do. I do a lot of online items such as mypoints & sunshine rewards (helps fund my Disney addiction lol) as well as e-miles & e-rewards to help with extra airline miles. But haven't tried iBotta.

I'm just looking for good, honest feedback vs. someone saying 'oh it's great use my referral code'.

Thanks!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Examples of the tasks include reading a fact, participating in a quick poll, watching a short video, posting on your Facebook page, or writing a brief comment about the product.

So they get paid for the first three things, and the last two generate free advertising.

https://www.thebalance.com/beginner-s-guide-to-ibotta-940205

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  3. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Chuck2009x - that result didn't display when I was searching. It at least has basic walk-thru. I may as well at least try it for a bit.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everything I've ever had to do from the app was quick. I think the worst was having to sit through a 30 second commercial to unlock the savings, but most times it's something simple.

That being said, a lot of the products the app shows aren't something I'd use or you have to buy a particular size or dollar amount of something to get the dollar amount. If they have something you were going to buy anyway, it's pretty good, but I don't see myself making much out of it.. well, unless you buy a lot of booze. Always a ton of rebates for those.

5. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience with Ibotta, specifically when purchasing from Target... is going to the store, purchasing goods, unlock offer in app, scan barcode, snap pic of receipt. Really easy and receipt is approved usually within minutes. Over the past year or so I don't recall having to post to Twitter or Facebook like in the beginning.

Try #3 for 2020
  6. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have made almost $500 in the last 2 years. I find it easy to use, yeah the videos kind of suck, but usually I just sit my phone down and let it play while I do something else. I also use the savings catcher from Walmart, but find that it doesn't catch everything

7. Dzm3428

Dzm3428 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super easy, after the first time or two. I open the app at the store. I see a coupon for oranges-- great I press the unlock button and put the phone in my pocket. While the video plays I'm picking out my oranges. Shock top and oranges. $5.00 rebate. And you do want to be part of a team. Bonus levels. The more your team makes the higher the bonuses you can get. Double bonus. Use a coupon and then ibotta . If my husband goes to the store, I just ask for the receipt and see if anything he bought is on ibotta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.