1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I Sure Hope the Lockdown on Drinking & Flying is Lifted by June 9th!!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by topcard, May 30, 2020.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could pull the mask down and have a sip and then put it back on. I think CDC guidance would tell you to remove it from your ear, pull it off enough to take a drink and then slip the strap back over your ear, so you avoid touching the actual mask.

2. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SO does that mean I can drink on my flight Thursday if I do this?

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use a straw with a flex top. That's what I use with my Hydro Flask – hot coffee in the morning and drink of the day during my walk. Granted, I haven't tried it with a mask, but it should work.

4. bull1029

bull1029 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been thinking about something like that, but I'll try it, my Queen!

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason they are not serving is to reduce social interaction due to the virus.

Handing over you drinks and asking them to serve you increases the risk. Not the desired outcome.

6. Mudhen

Mudhen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always amazed that many people don't seem to be able to fly without drinking. I sometimes wonder if it is due to nervousness about flying, or just alcoholism.

7. Zacharius

Zacharius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly all the time for my job. 150,000 BIS miles each year, no problem, sometimes more. So I see a LOT of people flying, and I think there are some people who drink before/during flying due to nervousness. I think many more do it because they’re going on vacation and want to have fun, with Vegas being even an extra hit above that (which is why flights TO Vegas usually have more drinkers than flights FROM Vegas).

8. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True.. I drink a lot on the outgoing vacation trips, but never on the return trip home..

9. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am flying to Vegas to have a good time. Part of that good time is a couple drinks on my 4 1/2 hour flight. Will I be devastated if I cant , nope. I just want to make sure I don't get arrested. That was the point of me asking if anyone had done what I said before. The people who sneak a nip don't influence my actions

10. bull0120

bull0120 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally, flying isn't a pleasant experience. The seats are small, people bring way too much crap on the plane they don't need which makes the space even smaller, they recline the seats encroaching on even more of your space, take forever to board/de-plane, etc. Booze makes flying (and a lot more things) suck a lot less than it already does. Plus, alcohol is delicious and you have a DD in the pilot. If one likes to drink, I don't understand why one wouldn't want to take advantage of the situation?

Location TBD
    • Love Love x 1
  11. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a non-drinker, I’m just curious, but are you expected/willing to tip the flight attendant under this scenario? Not trying to start up a tipping debate but it just had me thinking about it.

Possible Vegas Trip in 2020! Just before Thanksgiving