1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I saved over $200 on my car rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Rush, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dollar wanted $550 for a car at the airport.

I knocked it down to $280 by going to their Swenson location. I figure a cab ride to there is only a few bucks, so it's a nice "win".

2. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. The title almost led me to say something like "by switching to Geico"... LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By switching to Swenson.

4. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i do that sometimes with budget. if I am checking into the Orleans, I take shuttle or uber from the airport for under $10. when I get to the Orleans I just walk across the street to the budget location on Tropicana and pick up my car. I don't save $200, but enough to make it worth the effort. I would like to add, all of these little tidbits of info that we share on these message boards are great. I am a budget traveler, if I can save a few bucks here and there, that means more money for my gambling bankroll. and also, this allows me to go to vegas 3-4 times per year instead of 2. A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING SOME COST-CUTTING TIPS!

5. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber/Lyft is also an option to get to the Swenson location, we did this on out last trip and Lyft was a $5 ride.
    bruce

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly suggest checking Hotwire and Priceline the day of travel to see if rates have dropped even more for a last minute rental. I did this a couple of years back and saved quite a bit over my original reservation. Well, that is, as long as you can cancel the original rezzie without penalty.

7. johnnycs1

johnnycs1 Tourist

Check Southwest Airlines....great rates usually !
    Click on ..."SPECIALS ".........than ...." CARS "
    Alamo usually has the best rates .... my particular inquiry was for 3 days , Saturday thru Tuesday in December , like $12.45 a day and total of $47.00. ...

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Side note - if you ever want to rent a car at Denver - you can save BIG bucks. I think I save almost $400 on a weekly renter to go off airport. We were going downtown anyways, so took the airport train and got a car downtown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.