1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I need to snap out of this...wife said "Vegas?"

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TrewBrew, Jul 31, 2019.

1. TrewBrew

TrewBrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife said lets go to Vegas, Sept 25-29 ish. All I have to do is find something for us to do a couple of days/nights. I have been looking at the entertainment and sites to see and there is nothing that is making me book the trip.

What is wrong with me? I know there are plenty of options, maybe I am burning out. Some one snap me out of this. Normally she says "Veg.." and I have everything booked before she completes "..as"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you not typically do? Maybe head that direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Calder

Calder High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given the title, my first thought was: Renew your vows!

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plenty of great music in all genres Sept 25-29

Santana
    Aerosmith
    Jefferson Starship
    Eagles
    Christina Aguilera
    Frankie Avalon
    Peter Frampton
    Boys II Men
    Taylor Dayne
    Shaggy
    The Commodores
    Rancid

Seinfeld is there as well

• Like Like x 2
  5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    happy go lucky.
    just go. you don't have to have everything planned down to the wire or do the excel spreadsheet thing.
    when you get there, you will see something that grabs your attention. spontaneous can be fun. although, some things do need to bee booked in advance.
    if you normally stay downtown, go checkout the strip.
    if you normally stay on the strip, go checkout downtown.
    plenty of shows of all sorts all over town in all price ranges.
    I am still wanting to see the Neon Museum.

6. Michael Smith

Michael Smith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read this and instantly got excited—Eagles! Wouldn't it be cool to see them in Vegas? One problem, the cheapest ticket is $400. I'm just not going to pay that much, don't care who it is. I only paid $100 to see Paul McCartney and my tickets for Jackson Browne at the Venetian in August are only $115 for like the sixth row. But, I'm sure all their shows are sell outs. I just don't understand what makes them so much more expensive than other equivalent bands.

7. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's the Eagles. Glenn's dead and boomers are flying toward the finish line. They're doing Hotel California from start to finish which I believe has never been done before. Nostalgia. History. You name it. And it's the Eagles. Well, kinda, not really, but, well, you know, Henley is there. And Walsh. He came in late but has been around far longer than Bernie, Randy and Don Dos. (Oh, hey, Timothy.)

8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait, you're supposed to do stuff together? Like shows?

We do meals (usually one big one, maybe two per day) and some exploring each day, then we both say "see ya!" and do our own thing. We really do flunk "Vegas together" time, so bad!

What do you both like to do? Music? Shows? Attractions like the Shark Tank? Maybe both of you can make a list of 5-10 things you'd enjoy doing and seeing the top 4-5 that are on both lists?

First time in Tahoe!!!
    Mother-Daughter trip-Tower Suite (roll away for me!)
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We might go our own way for a while if I play golf "too much" or she goes to the spa "too much," but it's an us getaway, for sure.

10. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

DH is not a big gambler, so I'm always looking for things to do that he will enjoy too. Our last trip in April we were looking for something to break up the gambling and booked a CanAm Spyder tour of Red Rocks Canyon. One of the best diversions we have had in Vegas!! The owners were awesome and knowledgeable. You do not need a motorcycle endorsement in Nevada to ride the bike. We enjoyed ourselves so much, that we started shopping for a CanAm when we got home and recently bought one. We used Las Vegas Spyder tours. I originally saw them on Groupon, but called them direct for answers to some questions and ended up booking direct with them. Here's a link to the website http://lvspydertours.com/ in case you might be interested.

11. TrewBrew

TrewBrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all I think I am snapping out of it.

I saw eagles and want to see them but the price.

Looking at pink jeep tour fly to the Grand Canyon. And @darlene spyder tour looks promising.

@Multifarious5 she makes me do stuff together well actually we have our separate time but I am better at finding the entertainment and she trusts my judgement. After her Menapause the Musical choice I trust her s little less.

I think it’s time to check the airlines and email the host.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plan a pool day and rent a bed and be served liquor at the pool all day. You don't really have to plan anything. Maybe that's the problem. Just go and wing it....makes it adventurous!

13. bull1029

bull1029 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, wing it. Maybe have one or two things in mind that you might do (or might not), but just the trip evolve as you get there. I used to try and plan a fun-filled four days, and I might get to half of it. More likely I wouldn't get that much of it, which is fine. Now I just relax, my default being drink gamble, eat occasionally, and repeat as needed.

14. TrewBrew

TrewBrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to wing it and go with the flow, but our Vegas travel agreement states:

The party in the first part, TrewBrew, must plan at least two non-gaming "events" that can be sightseeing, tour, music or comedy. The event must get the approval of the Much better half of TrewBrew.

The good news is I don't have to plan wall to wall entertainment with an itenerary. MrsBrew likes the pool, spa and she likes to gamble also although she tries to deny it.

Anyway this morning I recieved approval of the excursion being either Pink Jeep or the Spyder tour. Working on a concert event we may have to be flexible on the dates to get this done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clearly there is something wrong with your "..as"

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be the contrarian here and suggest going elsewhere if you aren't excited about going to Vegas. There are many other worthwhile places to visit and Las Vegas will still be here once the itch returns. I know I have found that it loses its luster if I visit too often, but the itch returns after being away for a while.

That said, if your wife has the itch, you might have to take one for the team. But maybe leave the host out of it and stay somewhere new and different from the usual routine - maybe try an off strip hotel if you are usually on the strip, for example - or if you must stay there, take a side trip to Zion etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a contrarian, or else we both are. I was going to suggest that but I often do and this is of course a Vegas board and that makes me a bad boy.

Having said that, yes, consider something else. The West is a pretty awesome place if you still want to head this direction. And you can easily combine a bit of Vegas and a bit of something else cool. You did say four nights, right?

I would rather take that final step having seen Vegas once and Bryce or Zion or Mt. Rainier or the Keys once than Vegas twice.

18. TrewBrew

TrewBrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking something else also, but headed to Nashville in October (family get together) and Key West in April (our normal Vegas timeframe) Thought about a quick island escape, maybe not tell her until we get to airport.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe Walsh is back in The Eagles?

*EDIT* Just looked at their website. He is!

20. drac999

drac999 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Multifarious5, same here!

• Love Love x 1