1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I have a dream! Reno, MLK 2015

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by fadetheseven, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing wonky about them, 9/6 DDB is the "standard" game in Reno (They DO have 10/6 DDB, but only few and far between)
    Too much variance and tough strategy; focus on BP and JoB...

2. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the variations on the pay table are wonky. 47.8 payouts? That's pretty weird. I agree on the swinginess. Burning through $300 with only 1 quad is brutal. Back to BP.

We are out at the Sparks outlets. We had some Carolina pork BBQ. Pretty good. The hush puppies were great. May catch a movie later. The gambol has been brutal.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    47.8 is generally used at the $5 level. 47.8 x 5 x $5 = $1195.

Now go parlay yourself up to that level. :D

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This makes much more sense now.

Just took a nap and ready for a quick dice session. I forgot the Dubs are playing at 5. Planning on watching in the room.

5. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dice was choppy but at least there were some ok hands to end only down $150. The guy next to me was betting green with 5x odds and continuous come bets. He got real mad when he would load up the bases then seven out. Dem da brakes! On the last hand I went $2 CE and yo rolls. Parlay to $16. Midnight! Take down $40 and press to $25. Next roll missed hit it was fun.

Back in the room watching the dubs.

6. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 quads on JOB right before dinner. Still finished down $20. Dice now.

7. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally a decent session of dice. Caught a nice 30 min hand netting me $300. Problem was that I started about a buck fifty in the hole. Colored up +100.

8. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dropped another $75 on BP. Back on dice for a short hit and run.

9. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick loss but had a couple shooters hitting at least a number or two. Dropped $100. Early am vp and heading to Mt. Rose for a few hours of snowboarding.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit em hard tomorrow!!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  11. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woke up feeling good. Hit and run dice session. Another fast busto. Too many PSOs and not enough break even hands. Although the one good hand yesterday was great, the constant prop action was such mood killer. Although early am dice action like today is dead, it's becoming like BJ. I like to play cards at a solo table so I can go heads up and not worry about other's play or hemming and hawing. Dropped $250. Dice is quickly becoming the cash suck I'm used to.

Here's a nice troll pic. Tossed all 5 and redrew this
    [​IMG]

12. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The gods of quads took pity on me for not being able to convert on any trips. Dealt quad.
    [​IMG]

Still finished down $80.

Another small profit on dice. Bought in at an empty table and hit plenty numbers. Got all the bases covered and sevened after placing the first $10 come bet. Finished $100 to the good.

Getting ready for snowboarding.

13. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are 9/6 DB...Im 100% sure at Atlantis, you can find 9/7 DB (even at a bar)
    Quit craps..its too PSOapy, lol.
    Edit: I'm a yard..thats BP...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  14. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the 9/7 DB games are everywhere.

Break even dice session while waiting for a raffle. No great hands but mostly break even hands.

Mt. Rose conditions were terrible. Although groomed, the runs were mostly frozen solid. Starting around 10 the snow melted a bit making it more like spring.

Lunch at a pupuseria across the street and some quick shopping at Sierra Trading Post. I'm hoping to nap for a bit when we get back. Refreshed for the home stretch.

15. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazy roller coaster gambling. After the nap we went down to play some before dinner. Finally had a decent 2 hour session ending up about $100. Nothing too memorable, just a bunch of middling hands and not too many PSOs. There was a big don't bettor on the table over. He asked the waitress for a Chardonnay and emphasized that he wanted it chilled. I thought "what a d0uche" and ordered my Johnny Black room temperature. The waitress and I shared a chuckle.

Later, this guy comes to my table and immediately walks into an almost heater. Shooters makes 3 points and this guy is laying and DCing all over it. He's down $500. Next shooter also goes for 3 points and the chilled wine guy busts. He'd been asking for a host but none came in the 15 minutes it took him to bust. As expected, he started having a tantrum, demanding a host come within 2 minutes or he's leaving. I colored as this story evolved so didn't get to catch the ending.

We hit the steakhouse and I opted for the rib eye. First time in a long time that I couldn't finish and packed it up for a breakfast snack.

Afterwards it was another couple hours of dice. This is where the roller coaster happened. I bought in for $300. It was a slow bleed over the first hour or so. I stuck to my 2 number system. Until tonight I would add a 3rd number after collecting twice. For this session I didn't add the 3rd number until after collecting 3 times.

The slow bleed continued then this dude decided to throw a monster. I was down to my $100. He hit all kinds of points and whatever random comes I had. I started adding comes and when the bases were loaded I pressed the flat to $10 with $50 odds. This guy went on to load up all the numbers without repeating on a bigger bet. He makes the point and tosses a come out seven. I take $200 in odds down, losing all the flat come bets. The stick actually says "could be a good thing" and I was thinking exactly the same thing. I went $54 across and pressed with each hit. He threw a few more numbers getting my 10 to a $50 buy. He 7'd not long after.

I colored up $800 for a net +$200 but the swing was about $800 since I clawed back from -$500.

I had to take a breather so sat for a quick vp session. Obligatory quad shot
    [​IMG]

After pressing to .50, I ground back to quarters then eventually zilch. I decided on another dice session since we leave tomorrow. I step into a hand where a guy is tossing nonstop horn numbers. On a flyer I bet horn high ace deuce for a nick. Next roll aces, parlay that to $25. BOOM ace deuce! For a $160 payoff. Of course I spent the rest of the session chasing that again. The real game was cold and I colored down $50.

Off to bed. Early am vp for a last ditch RF.

16. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another 2 hour dice session and a couple busted buyins. The dice were icy cold. There was a guy at the opposite end who kept giving words of encouragement before every throw. "Good numbers now." "Everyone wants a 5 now." "Get rid of all the sevens now." It reminded me of how a father might encourage his child. Pretty funny. Then there was sad drunk guy who kept pulling cash from random pockets. He would ask permission to go to the bathroom, but then he would light up a cig and chase me around the table as I tried to move away from him.

I went for some DB and hit nice little quad
    [​IMG]

First conversion on trips. Decided to step down to BP and finished up $30. Just ate breakfast and going hit some more vp and bj before taking off.

17. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lightening can strike twice
    [​IMG]

18. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And not a W2-G!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

19. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yessir. It was actually the lowest progressive. The GF was to my right with a progressive at $1300+. Just got back home and sitting down for dinner. Will post recap later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.