1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I can’t sleep Monte Carlo/Park MGM 9/9-9-13 TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by vwhiten, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Val is finally sleeping I say

Big Game weekend again
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tomatoes are a fruit, also good.

40th Anniversary Trip
  3. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out this morning buffet at Aria. We both had free MyVegas but I wasn’t allowed to use mine. I had redeemed a 2 night stay at Park MGM but I cancelled it and didn’t use it. I thought I just lost the coins. It was over 2 months ago- you are supposed to be able to use 4 every 30 days. I could have used it if I walked back to the desk at Park MGM and got them to release it- I just paid for one buffet.

Not very impressed. 9 AM and very little “breakfast” food out. Wouldn’t mind if it was 10:30 or 11 but 9 am? $31. For breakfast.

Then I was off to Fremont Street. Got there around 10:00 am-ish. I was proud of myself. Got an uber share- it was only $10. Had to share with another woman going somewhere off strip. It was fine.

I used several of my free play coupons. Did not make it to El Cortez or Downtown Grand.
    Didn’t get anything to speak of on the freeplay. But I had a good day at 4 Queens. We got a room for the day and my husband met me about 1 pm- he had to take a taxi. He doesn’t know how to use many apps. Haha he got a terrible driver. Didn’t put the air on- driving 85 mph.

We ate at Claim Jumper and used my $25 Landry Select Birthday reward. I got the BBQ chicken salad- I loved it. My husband stayed in the room elevating his feet. He wasn’t feeling that good. I stayed out and gambled all day. Will post pics of the room and some wins. I love 4 Queens. Fremont st is getting a little freaky. I saw way too many saggy boobs and banana hammocks- thankfully the guys do the Brazilian and there were no tarantulas sticking out.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  4. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 Queens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BBQ salad at claim jumper
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
  5. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only got a few 4OAK at 4Q but I had plenty of 3OAK flushes and full houses. I wasn’t up by much but I didn’t bleed out.

Park MGM is awful- no wonder why people aren’t playing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The room at 4Q was very nice for a small older room. I could easily stay there. The husband is a strip snob. I thought the people were nicer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The shower had wall jets. The bathroom is small but you pick up extra sq feet in the bedroom. I’d rather have a smaller bathroom. Plenty of storage, a fridge, and coffee maker.

The view wasn’t bad.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before I got lucky on Fred and VP I found this little machine. A few small wins that put me in a good mood. I just kept winning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then after getting backstopped at NYNY abs used ACG coupon for Nathan’s. Maybe I’m not remembering right. I loved the Philly Cheeseteak at MGM. This was not so good.

Then we walked back to room freshened up and went to Aria. Again I was winning at Aria onbtheir crappy pay tables. A few 4OAK. And I’m the queen of two pairs.

All in all gambled all day and ahead- barely but it feels good not to lose. Didn’t give one penny to Park MGM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We leave late tomorrow night. Will probably go down to Luxor to spin the wheel on the donkey- whatever they call it. I get to spin for free play cause it’s my 21st birthday- again.

I’ve always liked gambling at Luxor too. I’m giving PArk MGM the bird.

Watching the aquarium channel right now- trying to fall asleep - husband is snoring. May need pillow therapy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Yesterday. Feet are hurting a tad.

• Like Like x 4
  11. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear the issues with Park as I will be there next month! Not too far to walk though if it's that bad I guess to find alternatives. Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip!

Annual Trip
    Hotel 2
  12. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try a dirty sock first. Sometimes the pillow gets the blame as a murder weapon. Good report. (at least he isn't slamming doors!!! Or blowing leaves!!).

Pilgrimage beyond seeds that may flower
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This the main/center bar??? Did you have to use your players card too so they could keep "track" of the points? And of course you got a drink faster at cosmo, the coin-in requirement there for the first ticket is only the equivalent of 12.5 points (aka $125) there! At $250 coin-in, you're almost better off just paying for the drink at 7/5 JoB ($9.63 expected loss)

The only thing good about Park MGM was that bar used to NOT have a system. I guess I'll hit and run them for 1 beer from now on. $250 coin-in can take me about an hour at times. Ugh.

Good luck on the rest of the trip! And don't forget about 6/5 Bonus at those bars! ;)

14. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the main center bar. Had to use the card. You can keep track by pressing the service button it shows how many points you have that session 25 points= 1 drink. But if you are at 20 points and you jump to machine next to you - you lose those 20 points. I did overhear one of the bartenders say they have some discretion on that. I did get a drink a little early at 23 points.

I had much better luck at Aria.

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report but it doesn't sound like Hubs had the greatest time.

Anniversary trip
    Thanksgiving
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He’s a bitcher- he quotes his old Sgt Major “ if I’m not bitching I’m not happy”. He was much better last night winning at Aria.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. UnicornTX

UnicornTX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice win. Congratulations!

18. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the way home waiting for plane. Will post a wrap up tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments and good luck to all those here and going soon.

I thought I may have to do the walk of shame but taking some money home- not a lot. No royals no hand pays - in fact I only had one 4 to a Royal. The 2 pairs and 3 OAK kept me chugging along.

• Like Like x 2
  19. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny story- for me any ways. This morning I got up to run to Starbucks in the lobby. Kind of a long line but they had it very well staffed and line moved quickly. Lady in front of me looks a lot like the lady who played Raymond’s Mother in Everyone lives Raymond- Doris Roberts- sounds a lot like her too. I know she passed awY several years ago- so this lady is looking up and down at people in line and leans over to me and asks me if I have any tattoos. I laugh and say no. She then proceeds to rant about tattoos “ and these girls that start off with one bird and end up with a flock covering up their whole body”. We talk a little she asks where I’m from - she tells me she is from Vancouver, Canada. When she leaves she tells me to have a good day and calls me “Tat”. All in a Raymond’s Mother “Marge” voice.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  20. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so impressed with the 4Qs room. I had a room there once. It was old and worn and much like a down-the-street motel. I was double booked so I didn't even stay there. Now, to see the rooms redone, I'm thrilled because they have such a great comp rate and I'd love to stay there. Thanks for posting the pics of the place.

then the California
    then South Point, then MSS
    • Like Like x 1