1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I bought myself a brand new car!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sporty8705, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an 2010 HHR, PT cruiser knock off from Chevy, that was bought for me because i had no credit, and i paid it off at 300 bucks per month. I took it into the Chevy dealership for them to fix my turn signals that were broken AGAIN, and they were under warranty, since it had not been a year yet since they were replaced a fixed, and also to do my 75k maintenance. My service adviser calls and says we found a leak. I had already suspected a leak since the dark brown stains on my street under my car just started showing up. I said ok, I suspected, he says it ain't cheap. I was thinking like 500, he says water pump 1k, the part is 400 and labor is 600. I was like no, don't fix it, hold off on it. I called my dad who knows a lot about cars and told him what was up. he says wow, i don't have that kind of cash either to fix it. He went to consult his friend and i talked to my "car lender" aka my mom. I told her they say its 1k to fix and that isn't covering the 75k maintenance that also needed to be done 3,000 miles ago. I said this car has been nothing but issues since day 1 when we got it in 2011. It was a rental before we got it, but I didn't know I was getting a car, so I couldn't choose what I wanted back then and I had a new baby, etc. Beggars cannot be choosers. It has had brakes and tires replaced 3x, ignition problems fixed 3x, turn signals fixed since they burned out 5x, both head lamps magically went at once, a real dump of a car, and all these problems happened in 3 years. I put about 30k miles on the car in the 40 months I had it.. nothing but a money dump.

I said I need to get a new car, I can't put 2k in it now, for the water pump that needed to be fixed, plus the maintenance in it. I could have spread the 75k maintenance out, bwteen some now, some after tax refund time, but the water pump if not fixed can over heat and kill the engine.

So I went down to check out used cars, and was told since im just now getting my credit ok, i couldnt get an expensive car, but I could get something. I got my new car!!!!!! 2015 Sonic Turno, 23 miles on it!

I am so happy that all my hard work is paying off!!!!! a little more in payment and now insurance but I can do it!!!!

, car.jpg

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on getting rid of the lemon.

Wishing you many carefree miles in your new car!

3. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great story and good for you! As someone who is in the auto business I can imagine your smile! That's priceless. Congrats and safe driving.

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Sweet! Fresh start for 2015!

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with your new ride!

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice looking car, congrats.

7. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your new car. Enjoy !!!

8. VegasDawg

VegasDawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope it had that new car smell....congrats...

9. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks nice. It's good to have that new car warranty too. Congratulations!

Bill

10. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $1000 for a water pump???? I think I'd be finding a new place to get car repaired as well!

11. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New cars are so much fun........park far away from mini vans to avoid door dings :):):)

12. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Minivans are ok as they have sliding doors. FJ Cruisers and trucks with suicide doors are the ones to avoid parking next to.

13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy it :thumbsup:

As for parking far away...I am one who does that all the time. My truck or car will be the lone vehicle in the middle of a lot just to avoid door dings!

14. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Good thing you live in Houston then, I imagine you have some pretty expansive parking lots out there. Not like the tight little spaces you had in Philly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.