1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I’m officially spoiled after my first stop at a Buc-ees

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Valgal

Valgal Interesting and rude are not the same thing.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We made a quick trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. My husband has a knack for picking the worst gas stations to take our pit stops. On the way to Hot Springs we took the back roads and stopped at the nastiest places. I’m sure I need a gram of Rocephin and a good anti- fungal. I’ll know in a few days if I have MRSA. But on the way back we stuck to the Interstates and I got to stop at the Promised Land twice - Buc-ees. My husband counted the pumps- 48- 96 if you count that they are 2 sided. The bathrooms were pristine almost as good as the Wynn.

Buc-ees is a huge travel/gas station. Like the old time Stuckey’s— but Stuckey’s on Crack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  2. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They buy some equipment from the company I work for and are expanding into FL and MS among other states. It is a tradition to stop at one on a Texas road trip for sure. Their pulled pork sandwiches are great

Big Game Weekend Once Again
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Valgal

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just the self serve coffee station and all the icees- frozen Dr. Pepper!!! Huge bakery selections and gifts galore. I did buy a bag of Hill Country Garlic Jerky - pretty dern good.

But the bathrooms. Bucees had me at their bathroom.

And gas $2.07 a gallon. It’s 2.29 here.

• Like Like x 4
  4. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a smart business plan. Really more of a one-stop shop conveniently located right at the exit. Not like the truck stops or gas stations of yesteryear. It's just kind of interesting that - if we're moving towards autonomous vehicles and experiencing an aversion to the automobile in general - this is the 'next best thang'.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to stop at Love's. :biker:
    I guess I'm just hooked on a fueling...

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a sausage-egg-cheese breakfast taco, regardless of the time of day... amazingly good, especially for "gas station food"!
    We Texans probably take Buc-ees for granted, as they've been around for a while, but everybody loves 'em.

7. Valgal

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are supposed to be getting one in Boerne off I10 to San Antonio. Which will be great for trips to San Antonio. They have the land - and had to get past the haters blocking their path. Now they are waiting for the I10 construction to finish. Which means maybe 5 years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stopped at the second to the largest buckee’s on 290 outside of Cy-Fair near Houston. It was ginormous and clean. I had not experienced previously but the wife stops in her travels regularly. As big as a giant Walmart I’d guess with gas, and food, and art, and some attire, etc.
    One thing I noticed was the ad on the pumps for employment—included position hourly rate guaranteed hours a week and 401k plan. It was out in the middle of nowhere but I could see a second income being easily made in such an environment.

NFL Wild Card--
    NY giants vs Cincinnati-- y not?
  9. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YAYYYYYY!

Another awesome NYE in Las Vegas!
  10. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took pictures of the water closet (can't call it a stall with floor to ceiling walls and full-length locking door) the first time I visited a Buc-ees. So refreshingly pristine!

Another awesome NYE in Las Vegas!
  11. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another nice thing about them is they do not allow 18 wheelers. And the bathrooms as Val said.

Big Game Weekend Once Again
  12. nancyf

nancyf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen a Buc-ee but I heard we are getting one in Florida near me.... I always liked WaWa's but maybe I'll love Buc-ee's

13. Valgal

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol - I was going to I take one inside. They have Purell dispenser inside the stalls. Lots of room inside them too.

On the way up my husband stopped at one gas station and I knew as soon as he pulled up it was going to be bad but I had to go. I walked in took one look inside the one shared male/female bathroom said out loud “oh hell no” marched back outside and told my husband he would be making another stop. He thought I was exaggerating but he had to go too. I told him the seat was up and there was an explosion everywhere- but he was welcome to go. The next place was not much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 2