1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I’m now fully winter weather acclimated.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got up at 7 AM today, looked at the thermometer and said to my wife “it’s warming up, it’s only minus 4”. :poke:

Now the wind chill is still -22, but yesterday morning, the real outside temperature was minus 19F and the wind chill was something like -50.

Informal survey. I’ve lived in climates with winter weather for most of my 60+ years.

When the temperature went below zero everyone expressed that as minus X. All of a sudden this year, all the so-called TV meteorologists now are referring to below zero temperatures as a “negative X”. It’s that way on all the local stations.

I’m just wondering if it is the same across the country? Did they all go to a drunken convention and decide they will all say “negative” from now on?

Only 7 more days and I'll be in Vegas. The trouble is all the snow & cold will still be here when we get back.

Ken2V: No need to reply and tell us about CA weather.:evillaugh

2. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Youre lucky, only 7 days, I still have a month of this crappy cold to deal with.... Today doesn't seem as bad, its sunny, not as windy.... still, its 7* according to my car, that's +17 from yesterdays drive to work!

3. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lived in Cleveland, Ohio all my life. They still say minus. Maybe someone decided negative is politically correct. It will always be minus for me. Lots of time they say below 0. Like the wind chill is 40 below zero.

4. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't even left yet, but I just realized I'm only 7 days from returning to the "negative" degree weather.

Around here (New Hampshire), I usually hear it as # below. "Minus 5" would be "5 below".

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Joe, you know, weather extremes always are harder on seniors.

:wink2:

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, Joe, hey, btw, I'll wave at you this weekend. Just tune in to the Waste Management Phoenix Open and I'll find you. I'll be on 16 for a while, though I usually prefer to hang out over by 6 and 14 'cause there aren't as many idiots and you can smell In-N-Out over there wafting in from FLR and Scottsdale.

Unless it's a day I'm out playing Grayhawk or wherever, of course.

Stay warm, my friend!!

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell us what you'll be wearing, K2V. I'll look for you unless I'm out yakking for reds and specks.

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a balmy 23 here

Had 6 in. of snow last night ,but it's a beautiful sunny day otherwise and I cant really complain. Meet Mrs. JG up at the club later for a few drinks,supposed to warm up to near 40 by the weekend .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.